Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 379 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

witcher

Match Penalty
Didn't you noticed when she hit one of the little girls in K&C with it?:p
Oh, that bear! :mad:
Yes, I've seen it - she did it very cleverly though, camera barely recorded it. She caught the little girl, put her over knee and spanked her hard with teddy bear!
Unacceptable behaviour, if you ask me. :slink:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I adore this SP :yay: The cuts are great IMO and makes me so nostalgic haha. She's become such a beautiful women, hope as the season goes along she'll get a handle on her nerves and really engage with this program because she seemed disconnect here.

I love the costume, very 60's. not sorry about it either :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh, that bear! :mad:
Yes, I've seen it - she did it very cleverly though, camera barely recorded it. She caught the little girl, put her over knee and spanked her hard with teddy bear!
Unacceptable behaviour, if you ask me. :slink:

Very unfriendly.:disapp: I so want a gif with a scene like that right now. :laugh:

Wait, like angry hit or playful?

Very angry. The little girl parents went to the police. :p

Last edited:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
As much as I hate to say it I think that score is fair. It was a rough skate but at least she landed the 3F cleanly with no edge call and positive GOE. :cheer: Her BV was low without a Lz and no jumps after the halfway mark so with a mistake on the combo it's still pretty good. And most importantly she's still well within striking distance of gold.

I love, love, love everything about her look. The dress, the hair, the gloves are all incredible. I was reading this thread first, not brave enough to just watch the video after seeing the score, and after reading the comments I was scared to see the dress, but it's amazing.

At least she has much room to improve on it unlike Megapolis which was amazing ar the beginning but got a bit rougher later on. It's much easier for most people to build something up than to consistently keep something at the same high level for 6 months.

Good luck in the FP, Yulia.

Last edited:

borzaya

Final Flight
Hello again, people! :) Congrats to our Yulia with the first competitive skate of the season, and wishing her good luck tomorrow! :cheer2:

(Btw, didn't Yulia's dress remind you of that room she lives in...;) )

Eclair

Medalist
Watched her sp again right now and after seeing that dress for the second time it's starting to grow on me :biggrin: it's so out of the box, that I'm starting to like it...

I can't explain the -1 on the flip but her spin traveled quite a lot, therefore it can't get positve GOE. I think scoring wise Yulia is now being punished by things that the judges ignored before - she used to travel a lot in her spins in her schindler's list LP too, and at that time I was up the walls, because nobody seemed to care and she got high goes for her spins. Same with her a little rushed and sloppy movements - the judges gave her high PCS anyway, but now they seem to have changed their mind and are not so lenient anymore. I find this kind of inconsistency in judging really annoying. It happened to Caroline Zhang too and it doesn't do the sport or the athlete any good.

Either judge by the criteria you have agreed on or don't write that criteria down. Don't be lenient with favourite, while being hard on others. And don't change your mind year after year whether you call that lutz edge or punish traveling in spins etc. :mad:

moviebuff

On the Ice
Triple triple during warm-up

Message of support from Lena.
Юльчик, только ты могла это сделать, мне безумно приятно ☺️ я тебя обожаю!!! Завтра борись до конца, я верю в тебя

Julia, only you can do this, I'm pleased, I love you!!! Tomorrow fight till the end, I believe in you

Fayruza

Match Penalty
And Lena Radionova answers Yulia's compliment:

http://vk.com/feed?z=video-34659612_171749341/73ba82f2a76721aa13/pl_feed_block

“Юльчик, только ты могла это сделать,😝 мне безумно приятно ☺️ я тебя обожаю!!!💖Завтра борись до конца, я верю в тебя💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼 @sunnylipnitskaya”

Yulchik, only you could have done this. I'm madly happy and I adore you. Fight tomorrow, I trust in you.