Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Ituriel

On the Ice
For anime fans, I find myself picturing Yulia skating when I hear these songs nowadays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uwab-Ygd1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K95QnQz_NXs

Two of my fav anime! I can't imagine Yulia as Winry or Mikasa (She is more like Lain) but she can use the music without the history.

Skaters should use anime soundtrack in their programs. There are many so good! But mix anime with figure skating maybe is too much for me (Excuse me for my awful english :eek:: )

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interview where Yulia discuss Adelina not going to worlds, future programs and her grueling schedule. I have a feeling she might be burning out. I really hope she can find peace and have a less busy schedule and enjoyable season next year.

Yulia Lipnitskaya: Winter Sports :: RBC

ITAR-TASS
Olympic champion in the Games in Sochi in team competitions in figure skating, Russian athlete Julia Lipnitskaya visited a sports and education "Sambo-70", of which she is a pupil. Skater welcomed students and school staff. At the solemn meeting Lipnitskaya was awarded a gold badge of honor, which is awarded to the best students of the school. Skater award received from the hands of the general director of "Sambo-70" Renata Laisheva.

Lipnitskaya unreal appearance caused a stir. When it was time for the general picture, the kids literally demolished the young, fragile athlete. Organizers of the event even had to intervene to restore calm. Such attention to Lipnitskaya is not yet used and recognized that it is exhausting.

After the official part of the correspondent of "RBC Sport" was able to talk with the Olympic champion, who spoke about the visit to the sports center.

- You today are all very warmly welcomed, it was clear that for children is a very important day. There were plenty of including touching moments, but it seemed that you somehow a little uncomfortable with what is happening. You do not like so much attention?

- I liked the reception that was here. But of course, I'm surprised such excessive attention to me and my age. Once everything too. I would like people to react somehow more relaxed.

- This year you have two lyrical competitive program. No desire to do something different next season - a fun, daring?

- No, I do not. Maybe I should offer something, but I have no desire to roll anything (out of character.) Of course, I will roll, if they say, but to me there is no such power. Then again I will compared with the other athletes who ride these topics, and for them it is somehow more expressive. For me, the character of the most suitable program that we have done this year, it's "Schindler's List." I also was the "Sabre Dance", it is a little different, but not too funny. I think such programs are more suited to my character on the emotions that I can pass.

- You become a champion in the team competition. Do you feel this team spirit, whether or not then felt support in individual competitions?

- The team we had a very warm relationship. Of course, all experienced and maintained constantly.

Julia Lipnitskaya also attended the press conference, which took place after a tour of "Sambo-70". Thanked the athlete and sports center of education for the conditions created for the preparation for the Olympic Games, and answered questions from reporters.

- It's almost a month has passed after the Olympics. Tell me what you did in the first days after the Games. Had time to take a rest before preparing for the World Cup?

- I had a week without exercise, but it was no vacation. We were doing something all the time, every day there were some receptions, meetings, events. After the Olympics, we were very tired, and if we were still training, I do not know how I would have lived through it.

- Are you ready for the World Cup in Japan?

- I have three more days, but I'm still in good shape.

- How do you feel about that Adelina Sotnikova miss the World Cup? Should the Olympic champion defend her title?

- It was their decision, they won't show. Apparently, the career is more important than the World Cup, she decided. We decided that we were going.

- After your performance at the Olympics are all expecting on you only the best results. It crushes?

- Of course, it crushes, but still I have my own problems at this World Cup. I just need to try to make clean skates.

- How to overcome prelaunch excitement? What is your recipe?

- The excitement is always there, we just have to prepare well and do our thing. If you are well prepared and know that in any situation you can do what is trained, morally you yourself feel better. When you're really not ready, then you have to think about the excitement, tune in, talk to the coaches.

- Recently you said that you do not have a home that you are renting an apartment, and then it was reported that the issue resolved. Is no longer a problem?

- Indeed, we immediately called, the process goes.

- You have to limit yourself seriously as all athletes. What do you most want from the fact that it is impossible?

- This is a very difficult question. Because there is a certain mode. Had to abandon almost everything. Before the Olympics we were only training and nothing else. Now ahead of the World Cup. Now I have one wish - to go to relax, just to break the training regimen.

- Are there any plans, where you will relax after the championship?

- I still do not know exactly when we will rest, so while not thought about it. After the World Cup we still have a lot of plans. Workouts are not as intense, but a lot of cases. Most likely, we go on vacation in June. I would like to travel a lot, actually. Now just realized one of my dream, I'll go to Japan. In addition, there is now a period of flowering cherry, I think there are very nice.

I like different places - and the sea and the mountains. On the one hand, I want the beach to have sun. On the other hand, I want to be in the mountains.

- Do you have any role model in figure skating, which you are guided by?

- Now for me it is the ideal Carolina Kostner. My mom really want to when I grow up, I felt the same way as in Carolina this season. She is the internal state, from her just full of magic. I also want to receive such pleasure from skating!

- Recently there was a video on the Internet with a fashionable party at which you visited. How do you like this role?

- Something tells me that this was the first and last experience. It is not for athletes and not for small children. I was told that there will be awarded star athletes. Nobody told us what would be there, so it was unexpected. People are very far away from the sport. Were completely incomprehensible to me moments, I can not feel at ease. I went to training, all accused coach, why me to let go. The coach did not know, she was told that it would be rewarding, and she let me go, so I took the gifts.

- The attention of journalists and fans tired?

- Yes, a little tired. But we must get used to.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Two of my fav anime! I can't imagine Yulia as Winry or Mikasa (She is more like Lain) but she can use the music without the history.

Skaters should use anime soundtrack in their programs. There are many so good! But mix anime with figure skating maybe is too much for me (Excuse me for my awful english :eek:: )

They have used anime.

Some used the Holly.dolly song.

Also music from Howl's Moving Castle.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I have a feeling she might be burning out. I really hope she can find peace and have a less busy schedule and enjoyable season next year.

No, I just think she needs some rest, vacations as she said. It' pretty normal even for grown up people, let alone a 15 yrs old. Especially during a hard season such as the Olympics.
I'm sure she'll be back the next season refreshed, relaxed and ready to compete. :)

Rhodium

On the Ice
I don't understand Japanese or Russian but this video seems kind of funny. Anyone know what's being said?

http://youtu.be/l8cOtshaO6I

2:20
— What impression has Sochi Olympics left for you?
— Positive.

Everyone laughed because such a brief answer reminds Russians of another interview (2000):
— Mr. Putin, what has happened to the submarine "Kursk"?
— It has gone down.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you! Now I know why I laughed so hard. I'm a big fan of giving the media insanely simple answers like that.

volk

Final Flight
2:20
— What impression has Sochi Olympics left for you?
— Positive.

Everyone laughed because such a brief answer reminds Russians of another interview (2000):
— Mr. Putin, what has happened to the submarine "Kursk"?
— It has gone down.

Her interview give an impression on an adult, not a child.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course not. I can't tell you how many times when she makes that haunting look over her shoulder I simply say..."awe". Even one of the strongest men in the world was reduced to a little cheek pinching. She's a tough cookie but worthy of a hug!

Meoima

Match Penalty
This girl and Yuzuru give me that impression. These kids have some charismatic aura that makes people want to hug them and pinch their cheeks (aka harass) lol. Given that they are still underage, this may connect to some parental instinct then. :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
This made me :laugh:

Julia, an Olympic medal will give you confidence in the World Cup?

Julia: None.

Olympics for you ordinary competition?

Julia: No, not ordinary. But what's the connection? It turns out that I have to go on the ice, to announce that confident in myself and say, let me immediately medal?

:rofl: I adore her. :clap:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=244654229&id=168047770&hash=f351853e10e8fdab

It makes me lol that my favorite skater to follow doesn't speak English and I am awful at understanding Russian. To add insult to injury Japan is like the only nation to take note of her and do specials and I am even more clueless about Japanese. Oh well here is another video that I can pick out about 25 words but I somehow end up laughing at some point anyways. :slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=244654229&id=168047770&hash=f351853e10e8fdab

It makes me lol that my favorite skater to follow doesn't speak English and I am awful at understanding Russian. To add insult to injury Japan is like the only nation to take note of her and do specials and I am even more clueless about Japanese. Oh well here is another video that I can pick out about 25 words but I somehow end up laughing at some point anyways. :slink:

Japanese have big heart for cute things. And Julia is so cute. :love: Look at Yuzuru and his pooh, he represents Japanese's adoration for cuteness lol. I think he would want to pinch Julia's checks (he always pinch children's check, and pooh) just like me. I am not Japanese but well... I love cute things. But don't misunderstand me, I adore Julia because she is talented as hell.

As for English, the kids have been practice all days and nights, so I suppose no time for studying English then. After all she is just 15 years old.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russian Speakers needed!! My translation went bonkers or Yulia just said she is trying a 4t and wants to break the world record someday too. This can't be!!! :popcorn:

http://m.vk.com/article338022298_1559375973?api_view=871474108e3f0e589fb729f1123e6e

I usually clean up the translation but I'm not touching this. Am I just tired from staying up all night?
Skater Lipnitskaya assumed that would be the third after the short program at the World Cup

Saitama (Japan), March 27 - R-Sport, Andrew Simonenko. Olympic champion in team competitions in figure skating Russian Julia Lipnitskaya told that presupposes that will be the third after the short program at the world championships.

Lipnitskaya in the short program with a clean rental her best result of the season - 74.54 points, the Russian has conceded twice world champion Mao Asada Japanese woman and a bronze medalist Olympics Italian Carolina Kostner.

"We guessed that it would be the third place - told reporters Lipnitskaya. - Gotcha 30th starting number, the third in a workout in the hotel room in 1303. Everywhere one triple solid. Sitting with her mother, she said:" Do you think the same thing, what I'm thinking? "I said," Yes. "

Russian woman added that in the future will try to break the world record, which established Assad on Thursday in the short program (78.66). "Will to strive for. Trying will quadruple jump. With my" hollows "to learn a triple axel I would be difficult, and I did the quad to" rod "- said Lipnitskaya. - The first jump invested all his strength, all the emotions I was raised higher and I fall into a half-turn. sit and think - how so? But then offended and went quietly jumped clean. should understand how it's done. "

Any program skaters perform at the world championships on Saturday.