Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 109 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Imagine

Medalist
At first when I saw that I thought daaaaang they had such gigantic treadmills in Sochi! Then I remembered how small Yulia is...

Alba

Record Breaker
AAAAAAAAWWWWW :eek::
I missed a pair of weeks and see what's new... :love:

I've read her new FP will be Romeo and Juliet... Is it official now? Is it a reference to her junior program or something completely new? Which version of R&J?

It looks to be a new choreo. Ilia worked on it and the music version is new, which I personally like more.
This is the program she did in Moscow but it's a short version: https://vk.com/video-31036833_169841846

sjid

Final Flight

Okay papa, how about taking this one step further: a dramatic, premeditated, choreographed fall. Megapolis starts softly, like a fast moving brook. This musical element continuously builds, increasingly antagonistic and tense. In the tragic final notes it crashes to an abrupt halt (just after her last spin). So why not have Yulia crash also, come reeling out of the spin, then plop down with her hand still weakly in the air? With this gesture of defiance to the stagnant conformity of the system, Yulia the innovator would become Yulia the iconoclast. It fits the musical message perfectly, she would be the first skater to deserve points for a "fall." Not sure she would get them, but guaranteed this would be another reason to remember her fondly, forever. A new category, the dramatic fall. Shake'm up for all the right reasons, Yulia.

OT to Alba in case you missed it: Международный день балета: Большой театр / World Ballet Day: The Bolshoi Theatre

papa

Match Penalty
Okay papa, how about taking this one step further: a dramatic, premeditated, choreographed fall. Megapolis starts softly, like a fast moving brook. This musical element continuously builds, increasingly antagonistic and tense. In the tragic final notes it crashes to an abrupt halt (just after her last spin). So why not have Yulia crash also, come reeling out of the spin, then plop down with her hand still weakly in the air? With this gesture of defiance to the stagnant conformity of the system, Yulia the innovator would become Yulia the iconoclast. It fits the musical message perfectly, she would be the first skater to deserve points for a "fall." Not sure she would get them, but guaranteed this would be another reason to remember her forever. A new category, the dramatic fall. Shake'm up for all the right reasons, Yulia.
I like your idea, except that catching gesture has really grown on me, so her hand not "weakly in the air", but reaching for the kite with determined, emphatic gesture of defiance, just as in test skate. She might be weak little girl, tired and exhausted, but her will and desire to follow the dream is strong and should be emphasized: she falls, the audience sighs in compassion, but boom! Little girl catches the kite and wins!*

* (2015 Worlds) :biggrin:;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Alba

Record Breaker

sjid

Final Flight
When, today?

World Ballet Day was a sequence of 4 hour segments from companies in different world locations broadcast live on Oct. 1. http://rt.com/news/191860-ballet-live-broadcast-rehearsal-bolshoi/

After the live broadcast each of the segments was posted without editing on youtube in good definition. The Bolshoi broadcast includes a rehearsal and interview with Zakharova (from about 56:30) doing Grigorovich with the old codger himself supervising.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shush, don't say that. It's bad luck. :slink: :biggrin:

Yulia doesn't believe in superstitions. :no: Remember when they asked if she got upset or made a deal out of a black cat crossing her path. Her reply was: "I honestly don't care....they have to run somewhere" :laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
World Ballet Day was a sequence of 4 hour segments from companies in different world locations broadcast live on Oct. 1. http://rt.com/news/191860-ballet-live-broadcast-rehearsal-bolshoi/

After the live broadcast each of the segments was posted without editing on youtube in good definition. The Bolshoi broadcast includes a rehearsal and interview with Zakharova (from about 56:30) doing Grigorovich with the old codger himself supervising.

Thank you so much sjid. I missed that.
I'm dowloading the whole thing. This is the one, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnQoLHybExk

Yulia doesn't believe in superstitions. :no: Remember when they asked if she got upset or made a deal out of a black cat crossing her path. Her reply was: "I honestly don't care....they have to run somewhere" :laugh:

I don't either but the judges might. :biggrin:
Actually I'm worse than her and sometimes I'm scared of myself, because the black cats always change their way when they see me. :disapp::laugh:

sjid

Final Flight
I like your idea, except that catching gesture has really grown on me, so her hand not "weakly in the air", but reaching for the kite with determined, emphatic gesture of defiance, just as in test skate. She might be weak little girl, tired and exhausted, but her will and desire to follow the dream is strong and should be emphasized: she falls, the audience sighs in compassion, but boom! Little girl catches the kite and wins!*

* (2015 Worlds) :biggrin:;)

I'll go for that. Do you think such a fall would fly with the judges?