Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

CarneAsada

Medalist
A beautiful SP from Julia today! I noticed on the bird's-eye camera that the hearts she drew were slightly misshapen though. :laugh: I'm glad the Japanese love her. Supposedly out of all blonde Russian-speaking women, her online following in Japan is only rivaled by Yulia Tymoshenko and more recently Natalia Poklonskaya. :biggrin:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yulia says in that article that she did try to do a 4-toe, and the 1st attempt was unsuccessful (even with the help, when they lifted her up a bit with the rope), but the 2nd try was CLEAN. So she works on it and wants to set a new world record:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^:bow: Thank you :yay: She had the best jumps I've ever seen out of her today!

Alba

Record Breaker
Yulia amore mio. :love: :laugh:

I Just hope she skates clean her gorgeous Free Program.

Rhodium

On the Ice
Russian woman added that in the future will try to break the world record, which established Assad on Thursday in the short program (78.66). "Will to strive for. Trying will quadruple jump. With my" hollows "to learn a triple axel I would be difficult, and I did the quad to" rod "- said Lipnitskaya. - The first jump invested all his strength, all the emotions I was raised higher and I fall into a half-turn. sit and think - how so? But then offended and went quietly jumped clean. should understand how it's done. "

There is another version of the interview.
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16589.html

— Mao has made a new world record. She beat Yuna's one.
— Not so bad! So we all know what we will aim for.

— With a quad?
— It's not a quesion. (Literally. Means "if you want I can do".)

— Or will you learn triple axel?
— (Maybe yes) If I will learn it with a different technique, not as double axel. I do not say that I will jump them one hundred per cent. I will try. I want a quad. First of all for myself. With my dupel (2A), while I approach it I should mentally bury myself. It is terrifying. To approach a quad is easier for me. I even made a quad in pole harness two years ago. It was funny for the first time. I put all my forces and emotions into the jump. I was raised high. I thought I would clean but I fell. How is that? I gone being offended. Then I calmed down and made it easily.

She also said that recently she made a "crazy" spin (even Eteri who got used to her spins was amazed). She made it 5 times in a row, but after the week-end she could not. She said this spin was for "+3" :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This kid is always making me smile. I think her 2a is coming along nicely!! She approaches it without any hesitation which surprises me to hear her say its terrifying. I think she can 4t if she wants. Her 3t is great!!

Ituriel

On the Ice
There is another version of the interview.
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/16589.html

— Mao has made a new world record. She beat Yuna's one.
— Not so bad! So we all know what we will aim for.

— With a quad?
— It's not a quesion. (Literally. Means "if you want I can do".)

— Or will you learn triple axel?
— (Maybe yes) If I will learn it with a different technique, not as double axel. I do not say that I will jump them one hundred per cent. I will try. I want a quad. First of all for myself. With my dupel (2A), while I approach it I should mentally bury myself. It is terrifying. To approach a quad is easier for me. I even made a quad in pole harness two years ago. It was funny for the first time. I put all my forces and emotions into the jump. I was raised high. I thought I would clean but I fell. How is that? I gone being offended. Then I calmed down and made it easily.

She also said that recently she made a "crazy" spin (even Eteri who got used to her spins was amazed). She made it 5 times in a row, but after the week-end she could not. She said this spin was for "+3" :laugh:

Crazy? What means crazy for her? For me, all of her spins are crazy :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
This kid is always making me smile. I think her 2a is coming along nicely!! She approaches it without any hesitation which surprises me to hear her say its terrifying. I think she can 4t if she wants. Her 3t is great!!
Kya, she is sassy and practical more than me. I love the blunt attitude.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is a prime example of Yulia's "sandy beach" stare. I think it looks like this paparazzi may have crossed a line with her and she seemed willing to let him know. I have to wonder if she has ever shared that look with any of her fellow competitors. :eek:

http://vk.com/video_ext.php?oid=244654229&id=168060545&hash=72b3baefc2fd49f1&hd

I'm so glad the Japanese seem to love her so much. NHK bound?

Meoima

Match Penalty

sky_fly20

Match Penalty