Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 3t in her combinations is something special. :eek:

I suspect if she goes for a 4t it will be right after a 2a. That seems crazy if you think about it. She posted a video of one of the skaters in her group doing just that...2a-4t. Ill try to find it.

Alba

Record Breaker
The 3t in her combinations is something special. :eek:

I suspect if she goes for a 4t it will be right after a 2a. That seems crazy if you think about it. She posted a video of one of the skaters in her group doing just that...2a-4t. Ill try to find it.

So it's not just me then? Why are her jumps different now?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
So it's not just me then? Why are her jumps different now?

Because she changed physically with age :)

It's quite interesting, because on this video she looks to me older than she is currently looking :think: :think: :think: :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
Because she changed physically with age :)

Yes I thought about that too, but: a) she doesn't seem to have changed so much. b) does this mean she has passed the dreadful period of risk for the female skaters then?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She seems much more ladylike in WC Gala with her hair down. I think they did everything they could do to make her look young this year. I am very curious as to how she is packaged next year. I really like this look for her.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xH3jSrCICQ8

I'm on my phone and this link won't open so of it doesn't for you let me know and I'll try and update it.

Alba

Record Breaker
She seems much more ladylike in WC Gala with her hair down. I think they did everything they could do to make her look young this year. I am very curious as to how she is packaged next year. I really like this look for her.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xH3jSrCICQ8

I'm on my phone and this link won't open so of it doesn't for you let me know and I'll try and update it.

It works fine and I like the look too.:)

Yes she looks more ladylike, but I was referring more to her body. She is still thin and elegant.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I like how she finishes that gala with her signature spin then the splits. She should do that in a regular program. I would prob stay young looking with the hair another season.

alebi

Medalist
It's quite interesting, because on this video she looks to me older than she is currently looking :think: :biggrin:

I had that same impression :)
Or maybe because now we're more used to see Julia among older people, that she always seems so little :)

Alba

Record Breaker

Alba

Record Breaker
Found the link.

On Wednesday, the women’s competition begins, and with it, the return of the exquisite 15-year-old Russian Yulia Lipnitskaya. She has it all: extension, deep plié — especially after she lands a jump — agility and theater. Ms. Lipnitskaya isn’t yet another speed skater posing as a figure skater; her technique is all in the name of drama.

Yulia Lipnitskaya of Russia was among the few to perform with dramatic flair during the women’s team free skating program at the Sochi Olympics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/19/a...ure-skating-compete-has-replaced-perform.html

Wow, what a beautiful lady. :love:

I agree!!! :) I hope that next season we get to see her look more her age. I think they made her look younger this season for her programs....so I'm excited to see where they do next year.

Also - those media pics, so funny!!! Ahaha, the face when she's doing the quotations mimic is truly priceless. She's so unamused, haha

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree!!! :) I hope that next season we get to see her look more her age. I think they made her look younger this season for her programs....so I'm excited to see where they do next year.

Also - those media pics, so funny!!! Ahaha, the face when she's doing the quotations mimic is truly priceless. She's so unamused, haha
I hope next season she will improve her jumps.