moviebuff

On the Ice
Here it's said choreographer of this show to be Kenji Miyamoto

hyoen.jp
http://hyoen.jp/

脚本 :都部寸  演出 :宮本亜門  テーマ曲 :松本孝弘  劇中曲 :川井憲次
振付監修・所作指導 :尾上菊之丞   振付 :宮本賢二
衣装 :堂本教子   アーティスティックコンサルタント :VOGUE JAPAN

They play 2 shows per day for 3 days, so total of 6 shows.
Wish I win a lottery. The ticket price is $$$, unless you don't mind watching it from far far away.
Ticket starts at 9,000 yen and goes up to 35,000 yen. If I could see this at 23,000-yen-seat, I would be happy, but it's still not in my budget thinking of airfare/hotel etc.
Hopefully, they will release videos.

Wow. Everything about this show sounds expensive (as it should). They couldn’t have picked a more difficult or reverent (or ancient for that matter) Japanese text to adapt. No doubt they’ll pour every bit of talent and production value into it. Although, I am curious and a tad bit worried about how they’ll tackle some the MANY themes brought up in Lady Murasaki’s original text...it’s not gonna be easy skating around Genji’s serious case of Oedipus complex.

Side note: Can’t wait to see Shizuka play against type :devil:

magdalena

On the Ice
Yulia won silver at the Worlds almost 5 years. Time flies so fast...

Maybe it is stupid but I still wonder if she has any program prepared for EX in her last season ?

NaVi

Medalist
Yulia's Sochi Team Event LP has now reached over 10 million views. Moscow Standard Time would be around 2AM on October 14th(7PM EST on October 13th).

If I can figure out how to work Kdenlive, I got a cool idea to mark the occasion.

Wow, it's up to 12 million since then which was about 5 1/2 months ago. View count is definitely accelerating... going about twice as fast now. I'm guessing it's a combination of Trusova/Shcherbakova videos going viral and that many figure skating videos get deleted so Yulia's performance gets put in the recommended videos sidebar.

My video idea was to create a video with Yulia's performance side by side with a fancam on the section where athletes(and Eteri) watched from the side. I've done this once before just with separate video players playing at the same time and it was pretty fun to watch it that way.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daisuke...Shizuka...Lambiel...Yulia...Akiko...Nobu and Kanako!

I have officially died and gone to heaven :yahoo:

Any idea who who will be choreoraphing this production?

She’s in Japan now enjoying the cherry blossoms and puppy dogs according to her Insta story:)

I’d give anything for a few videos to appear from this. What a cool event!!

moviebuff

On the Ice
She’s in Japan now enjoying the cherry blossoms and puppy dogs according to her Insta story:)

I’d give anything for a few videos to appear from this. What a cool event!!

Didn’t the cast of Hyoen (minus Dai and Yulia) do an opening performance at the World Championship? Maybe there’s a chance Dai and Yulia will do one for the opening of WTT? Or maybe she’s just there for rehearsal/promo? Or maybe....she’s just there to pet puppies under blossoming sakura trees. :biggrin:

According to the synopsis that was posted on Hyoen 2019’s FB page, most of Yulia’s performances should be with Dai and Stephane. Here’s hoping for rehearsal footages and/or photos. :pray:

sjid

Final Flight
https://vk.com/photo69994512_456251493?all=1

This photo shows a stunning example of Yulia's approach to skating: athleticsm in the service of grace and beauty. Such synergy of skill, form and taste is rare among even the most accomplished ballerinas. You will search the internet in vain for a grand jete that is as grand. Yulia has accomplished so much in retirement, I am very happy for her.