Getting to know each other | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Getting to know each other

senatormls

On the Ice
1. Michel
2. almost 46
3.Stavanger, Norway but I'm originally from the Rochester, NY area. I've lived in Mississippi and Louisiana for a number of years before moving to Norway
4. Today: Javi Javi Javi! From yesteryear: Janet Lynn, Dorothy Hamill, Denise Beilman, Kurt Browning, Jeffrey Buttle, Shizuka Arakawa, and Rudy Galindo
5. 1976 Innsbruck Games. My mom had the 'do' afterwards! Elaine Zayak's 1982 comeback LP! 1988 OG and Lillehammer till now.
6. I love to travel throughout Europe ( Iceland is my all-time favorite). Reading, walking tours, Ebay. Like WW2 history and have visited many of the Concentration Camps in Europe.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
1)What's ur name?
Gordon

2)age

3)Where are you from?
Tyrone, Northern Ireland

4)Who is your fav skater?))
Without a doubt Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. Before Liza, it was Carolina Kostner, and before her it was Irina Slutskaya.

I still love Carolina (hence the avatar), but being a Carolina fan can be so frustrating. When she is having a good day, she is totally unbeatable. But when she is having a bad day, she is absolutely awful. There is no in-between. And the worst of it is that it can change from one day to the next. You just never know which Carolina is going to show up.

5)When did you start watching fs?
I first got interested in figure skating probably around the 2001/2002 season. I would be in the kitchen doing my homework, and would need a break. So I would flick on Eurosport to see what was on. And, sometimes there would be figure skating on. Irina Slutskaya was at the height of her success at the time. I was really impressed by her, and whenever I came across skating, I would keep an eye out for how Irina was doing.

But, I can tell you the exact date that I became a proper fan. Thursday 23rd January 2003. During the Ladies Free Programme at the 2003 European Championships. To be precise, during Carolina Kostner's performance ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28djAK9g4-0 ). Here was this beautiful wee 15 year old Italian girl. And she put on a performance that was absolutely amazing! I instantly fell in love! And I have been hooked ever since! ;) :D

6)What are your hobbies?
Watching motorbike racing (live and on TV). Watching Formula 1 (unfortunately not yet live). I do Ju-Jitsu every Saturday (Senior 1st Dan Black Belt). In terms of winter sports, I enjoy watching Ski Jumping on TV (even though I do think that they're headers!!!!). Oh yes, and I also enjoy watching another little winter sport called Figure Skating… ;) :biggrin:

I love taking photos, particularly on holidays and at motorbike races.

Wow! I just got a surprise when I read Mrs. P’s answer: I watch Korean dramas too!!! I prefer the historical dramas, but would watch the modern ones as well.

By the way, there is another survey thread that you might be interested in. This one is specifically about when you became a figure skating fan. It is also in Le Café, and can be found at http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?37942-When-did-you-become-a-skating-fan . I answered it about a month ago, and am glad I did as it made me remember about things I had forgotten about! ;) :biggrin:

Merry Christmas

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
4)Who is your fav skater?))
Without a doubt Elizaveta Tuktamysheva. Before Liza, it was Carolina Kostner, and before her it was Irina Slutskaya.

I still love Carolina (hence the avatar), but being a Carolina fan can be so frustrating. When she is having a good day, she is totally unbeatable. But when she is having a bad day, she is absolutely awful. There is no in-between. And the worst of it is that it can change from one day to the next. You just never know which Carolina is going to show up.

I was just looking through the last posts I made before I took my wee break from the forum, and realised that it looks very bad that I only talked about the ladies in my answer for question 4. So, I thought I would balance it by talking about the other categories!

To be honest, I don’t really have one favourite Men’s skater. It is more difficult for a fella to choose one Men’s skater than it is to choose one Ladies’ skater. So, I would say that there are a group of skaters I usually support.

At the start of last season, this group would have included Evgeni Plushenko, Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio, Javier Fernandez and Kevin van der Perren. The past couple of seasons, I have started to really like all the Japanese men as well, particularly Yuzuru Hanyu. And no, this is not just because his 2012/13 SP music is by one of my fellow Ulstermen, the late Gary Moore! It’s because he is an extremely promising talented young skater!!!

As with the Men’s, there are quite a few partnerships in the Pairs that I would class as favourites. For a start, I am one of those strange people that likes both Volosozhar/Trankov and Savchenko/Szolkowy. So whenever they are competing in the same competition, I just support whoever is better on the day (or, as has sometimes been the case, whoever’s programme I like more!). I also really like Kavaguti/Smirnov, although I feel we may not be seeing them for much longer. :( I really liked Takahashi/Tran as well, but unfortunately red tape has put an end to that… Grrrr!!!

In the Ice Dancing, my favourite partnership has always been Pechelat/Bourzat. If they do retire in the near future (which I really hope they do not!), I would say their replacements as my favourite couple would then be Ilinykh/Katsalapov.

Hope this balances things up a bit ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan