Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Most mortifying moments for someone skating?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by delray1977 View Post
    Midori ito falling out of the rink during her performance at '91 worlds.....poor girl.
    The way she literally 'bounced back' to the rink as if nothing happened was just as amazing and professional. Cute reaction to the camera after.

In recent memory, I thought Patrick skated to the board was a big highlight as reigning world champion standard.
    I was personally mortified for Daisuke and his blade problems during his FS at Moscow 2011. Can't believe it happened! Can't help but wonder if he hadn't had the problem, he'd do soooo much better. Though Speedy's 'interpretation' caught on camera were just as farcical and mortifying.

As for blade problems, that brings to mind Artem Borodulin at the 2010 Olympics.

Also, it's probably embarrassing for Nobunari Oda when he finds out he messed up his jump count... AGAIN!!

Custom Title
    One year at the Challenge, one of the Junior Men got half-way through his long program, skated over to the boards at a random spot, and vomitted over the boards. I don't know if it was nerves or the flu, but once he finished throwing up, he continued on and finished his program.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Laetitia Hubert's LP at the Albertville Olympics, where she fell so many times wags referred to her as "The Human Zamboni." I'm sorry I don't know how to link to a You Tube clip, but you all are much smarter than me and can no doubt find it easily!
    OMG I remember that. poor thing

Blade problems? How about Kwan's blades coming unscrewed at Worlds on warm up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    One year at the Challenge, one of the Junior Men got half-way through his long program, skated over to the boards at a random spot, and vomitted over the boards. I don't know if it was nerves or the flu, but once he finished throwing up, he continued on and finished his program.

OMG!!!

Question: If someone has a bodily fluid accident, how do they clean the ice afterward?

Shovel and zam. Seen it at a local competition at the end of a program from the blue line to the door.

Custom Title
    Laetitia Hubert's LP at the Albertville Olympics, where she fell so many times wags referred to her as "The Human Zamboni." I'm sorry I don't know how to link to a You Tube clip, but you all are much smarter than me and can no doubt find it easily!
    I remember that. Yes, that's about as mortifying as it gets. And she had done so well in the short program, and it was her home country. Really distressing to watch. The American commentators were very sympathetic.

“Our blade takes us in the most amazing places.” skatingfan4ever's Avatar
    In the same vein, Alissa Czisny's FS at Worlds last year was so hard to watch. I felt so bad for her and I also knew that the US wouldn't get 3 Ladies spots for this year's Worlds.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3