A shadow or blood? What non fans say about costumes | Golden Skate

A shadow or blood? What non fans say about costumes

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
probably the result of shadows caused by colored flood lights but yeah...creepy photo.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'd go with blood. Cutting a hand on a blade during one of those Biellmann spins is not uncommon.

emma

Record Breaker
So, this is a little OT of the photo, but I've been wanting to ask this for a while...those blades are super sharp, and when dance couples do lifts where the woman has her feet on the mans thighs or legs (like standing on him), how do they prevent cuts from the blades?

L

lowtherlore

Shadow, looking at the whole picture and the bloody tinted coloration on her thigh matching the floating dress seam line.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
So, this is a little OT of the photo, but I've been wanting to ask this for a while...those blades are super sharp, and when dance couples do lifts where the woman has her feet on the mans thighs or legs (like standing on him), how do they prevent cuts from the blades?

Those men must have "Kung Fu".:)

Last edited:
L

lowtherlore

I guess hefty weighing adults can stand on blades on their bare feet unhurt if the feet are dry and firm.