14. Vera Stoletova
15. Irina Bulusheva
16. Yelena Zhidkova
17. Anna Lopatochkina

Details can be found here.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Judging by the marks, it seems that both Elena and Vika had decent skates; their marks are quite close. For everyone else, though, looks like a real splat fest

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Julia Soldatova is competing for Russia again? What happened to her representing Belarus?

windspirit

On the Ice
Soldatova didn't like competing for Belarus very much (from what people say: mostly because she didn't have to fight for her place on the team there - it was certain she'll be on it, since the lack of a real competition; plus she couldn't hang out with her friends at competitions since they were on a different teams), and Piseev decided to take her back.

As it comes to Nelidina, it seems that the rumors about her quitting were true, after all. I've just read an article by Vaitsekhovskaya, where she mentions it. In my (more or less) words: Tchaikovskaya (with whom N. paired up a year ago) believed that under her hand Nelidina would become the main discovery of the season. But it didn't happen. Not only did she fail her every performance, but she also had a nervous breakdown - so big was the difference between her coach's assurances before the season and the actual results. That's why she not only split with her coach, but she also quit the sport.

Tove

On the Ice
I think if Vika wants a national title, this could be her chance, but I read that she has been ill in december, and said she was not in her best shape.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
windspirit said:
Soldatova didn't like competing for Belarus very much (from what people say: mostly because she didn't have to fight for her place on the team there - it was certain she'll be on it, since the lack of a real competition; plus she couldn't hang out with her friends at competitions since they were on a different teams), and Piseev decided to take her back.

That's a shame -- tho I do understand that. I kind of had a You Go Girl attitude when she decided to represent Belarus, given the fact that she really got a raw deal in 2000 when they chose Volchkova for the European and World teams over her, given the fact she was the reigning World bronze medalist, had skated well throughout that season, and definitely outskated Volchkova all season long. Hopefully she'll be able to get some of her form back now.