Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Johnny Weir at CoR -- your thoughts??

Custom Title
    This is why skaters like Even and Johnny who took a couple years off and now are trying to comeback will probably fail. That much time away from competition and age is catching up with them. Add in that neither Even or Johnny could do quads even when they were younger and i don't see a lot of success for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    This is why skaters like Even and Johnny who took a couple years off and now are trying to comeback will probably fail. That much time away from competition and age is catching up with them. Add in that neither Even or Johnny could do quads even when they were younger and i don't see a lot of success for either of them.
    I recall seeing him easily do a 4-3-2 at the warmup of I think it was 2006 Nationals.

On the Ice
    but did ever Johnny landed a clean quad in competition? AFAIR - never

here is his FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIELts2lHsU of this season

I'm kinda disappointed with his performance at CoR, I hoped for a clean short (except for the quad, obviously). At least it should have been getting better since Finland Either its his nerves got the best of him, or he just neglected proper training again. And to withdraw from half a competition just because of a badly skated SP - such a Weirish thing to do. And now there will be no TEB... I have a feeling that there will be no Nationals either. If there's gonna be Nationals, why withdraw from competitions? Why not try out the programs, get used to compete again?
    I'm afraid these three skates in Finland and CoR are all his comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3