Johnny Weir at CoR -- your thoughts?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir at CoR -- your thoughts??

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I also was sure he won't figure in. You cannot get the quad under your belt at his age, if you were unable to do it when you ere young.
Plus he lacked stamina, speed, transitions in his last competitive years as well.

He would be wise to pull the quad from the SP and put in some transitions. He really does so little between the elements.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think he looks too thin and has probably lost muscle mass. Maybe going for that quad is just too much, although I am glad he has it.

Maybe keep Poker Face for his exhibition skate, and find another SP tout de suite. I don't think the judges appreciate hip action in competitions.

His LP is lovely though. I don't know what to think right now about his future prospects. :-(

Taan

On the Ice
Distraught Weir Withdraws from Cup of Russia
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121110/177356335.html

Weir, 28, said he expected crisis talks with his national federation about the Trophee Eric Bompard.

“I’m unsure if they’ll be open to it, simply because I’ve withdrawn from one Grand Prix and the other one could give a chance to another skater that has never competed in a Grand Prix before, so this evening I’ll be sitting on the phone with America all night,” he said.

Weir admitted he is not yet in top competitive form following his decision to return to the competitive circuit after two years away.

“I’ve had problems with my body and my condition since I’ve come back to the sport. I’ve had a very rapid weight loss to get prepared and my body hasn’t completely learned again what it’s like to fall,” he said.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
does he really think he will get another GP because he had to withdraw after half of this one? Evan didn't get a replacement GP....no way Weir will.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think he looks too thin and has probably lost muscle mass.

I thought he looked "bigger" in the chest than he did in 2010... but I am concerned about the "rapid weight loss" you'd think he'd know by now that his "diet plans" haven't worked too well for him.

Weir is already scheduled for Eric Bompard. I guess he is thinking that the USFSA might call up the French Federation and get him un-invited.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If he's having issues with his body being LP ready he should withdraw. Regardless of whether he can be replaced, I don't think a poor skate is the impression he wants to leave.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is why skaters like Even and Johnny who took a couple years off and now are trying to comeback will probably fail. That much time away from competition and age is catching up with them. Add in that neither Even or Johnny could do quads even when they were younger and i don't see a lot of success for either of them.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
This is why skaters like Even and Johnny who took a couple years off and now are trying to comeback will probably fail. That much time away from competition and age is catching up with them. Add in that neither Even or Johnny could do quads even when they were younger and i don't see a lot of success for either of them.

I recall seeing him easily do a 4-3-2 at the warmup of I think it was 2006 Nationals.

adamanna

Rinkside
but did ever Johnny landed a clean quad in competition? AFAIR - never

here is his FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIELts2lHsU of this season

I'm kinda disappointed with his performance at CoR, I hoped for a clean short (except for the quad, obviously). At least it should have been getting better since Finland:frown: Either its his nerves got the best of him, or he just neglected proper training again. And to withdraw from half a competition just because of a badly skated SP - such a Weirish thing to do. And now there will be no TEB... I have a feeling that there will be no Nationals either. If there's gonna be Nationals, why withdraw from competitions? Why not try out the programs, get used to compete again?
I'm afraid these three skates in Finland and CoR are all his comeback...