Thread: 2012 NHK Entries.

Hybrid View

Banned

2012 NHK Entries.

T. Flade twittered:

Tatjana Flade‏@Tatjana21
    "P. Shelepen (RUS) out of NHK Trophy I heard."
    https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/266112590135062528

There is no official confirmation yet, neither on the ISU site or the NHK site. If it's true, who will get the spot? Osmond?

I really hoped she could redeem (I don't know if this is the right word ) her 10th place... As we noted in the "Different 3-3s" thread, she's a really good jumper! And she's listed for the NRW Trophy, too in early December, so... any news??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I really hoped she could redeem (I don't know if this is the right word ) her 10th place... As we noted in the "Different 3-3s" thread, she's a really good jumper! And she's listed for the NRW Trophy, too in early December, so... any news??
    Polina Shelepen this season is in a horribly bad state.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    T. Flade twittered:

Tatjana Flade‏@Tatjana21

There is no official confirmation yet, neither on the ISU site or the NHK site. If it's true, who will get the spot? Osmond?
    Haha Osmond is doomed, she preformed too well to hope for another spot. I hope Shelepin is going to compete since I also hoped she could redeem herself, but if she is out I hope Nagasu is in and think it's more likely to be her than Osmond. We will see.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    T. Flade twittered:

Tatjana Flade‏@Tatjana21

There is no official confirmation yet
    Confirmation from her coach http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...144565433.html (Russian).
    Injury.

Which kind of injury? Has this been the reason of her SC disaster? And, please, GIVE THAT SPOT TO MIRAI!!

Which kind of injury? Has this been the reason of her SC disaster? And, please, GIVE THAT SPOT TO MIRAI!!
    I know, right?? I am dying to sere who they give the spot to. If it's not to Mirai or Osmond I'm gonna be a little bit upset...

Custom Title
    Which kind of injury? Has this been the reason of her SC disaster?
    Anguish in an ankle joint - I don't know well medical terminology in English, so give result of computer translation.
    Three weeks with no jumps.
    Has this been the reason of her SC disaster?
    Coach said yes.
    And, please, GIVE THAT SPOT TO MIRAI!!
    I agree.

Banned
    going to Sokolovskaya is Shelepen's worst choice, her records of giving her students injuries are a disaster Ovcharova, Deeva anyone ?
    anyways I hope now Mirai gets that spot finally !

Custom Title
    bad news of Japan Federation : Nagasu is In ............
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3982

so sad for Kaetlyn :'(

Custom Title

2012 NHK Entries.

What happens at age 22? Are they required to renounce one of their citizenship?
    Last edited by rvi5; 11-18-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Custom Title
    That's right. Dual citizenship is not allowed because most of "naturalized Japanese citizens" are from China and Korea. The Japanese government don't want them to use suffrage for the state that they don't trust.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    That's right. Dual citizenship is not allowed because most of "naturalized Japanese citizens" are from China and Korea. The Japanese government don't want them to use suffrage for the state that they don't trust.
    I don't see the point though: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship after 21 either, and China does not allow dual citizen for people of any age. Any government shouldn't "naturalize" people whom they don't trust at the first place.

Custom Title
    In cases for SKorea and China, naturalization is much more difficult than Japan. I've heard it's practically impossible to obtain Chinese citizenship for ordinary foreigners (I doubt anyone from open societies would crave for that though).

Naturalization of Japanese citizens to China is virtually non-existent, and to Korea is much small number compared to the reverse direction. I think it's againt the national interests to allow dual citizenships to them EVEN IF they do "reciprocally". I'd better stop this topic so please don't care.
    Last edited by NMURA; 11-21-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    I don't see the point though: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship after 21 either, and China does not allow dual citizen for people of any age. Any government shouldn't "naturalize" people whom they don't trust at the first place.
    Lol indeed!... Then most of the population in a lot of countries shouldn't get suffrage in the first place. They don't trust the government!

In cases mentioned in the post you quoted, no government that worships war criminals executed by International Military Tribunal is worthy of any trust. Btw, while official statistics can't exist, I am more than sure that the first ones in a line to say "yes" to dual citizenship in Japan are neither Chinese, nor Korean. They are Japanese, those who have been living overseas for sometime, got a foreign passport and since then keep "hiding" their dual citizenship from the Japanese government. There are a lot of ways around it: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/yosha...tionality.html They are surely seen as traitors by some citizens!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast