Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Entries.

Custom Title
    I think the USFS won't "disclose" Czisny's WD until the very last minute. It could ruin Gao's chance for GPF, or maybe Zawadzki's.

Custom Title
    I hope that USA will give the spot to Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Alissa Czisny who is injured :(

With Kaetlyn Osmond in the mix, it would be a fantastic competition, really it would be a strong field :D

Custom Title

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    , so Osmond gets another GP or is it too late ?
    maybe Mckorell or Glebova if filling the spot is still open, though I doubt it, its only less than a week
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 11-14-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    I hope that USA will give the spot to Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Alissa Czisny who is injured :(

With Kaetlyn Osmond in the mix, it would be a fantastic competition, really it would be a strong field :D
    First of all, the USFSA can't "give" Czisny's spot to anyone, they're not the event organizers. At most they can free a spot so that someone else can get assigned (though at this late date, that might not happen either). Second, even if they could give the spot to a specific skater, why would it be in their interest to do that for a Canadian skater? I don't know if anyone will get the open slot, but I would be very surprised if it's Osmond, as it's also not in the best interest of the JSF to bring her in. She should be happy with her SC result and I will leave it at that.

I never expected Czisny to be ready for NHK, but I hope she will be able to compete in the second half of the season. Best of luck to her.

Finally! I would hate to watch another nightmare competition like Worlds 2012...

Custom Title
    so sad i think it's too late for remplace her ... but i crossed my fingers for Osmond ......

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    And Mirai probably has all visa / passport stuff in order. Wasn't she in a show in Japan this year?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    And Mirai probably has all visa / passport stuff in order. Wasn't she in a show in Japan this year?
    She has dual citizenship (American and Japanese), so I would imagine that getting in and out of Japan is not a problem for her.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    so sad i think it's too late for remplace her ... but i crossed my fingers for Osmond ......
    Cross-posting from the Osmond thread in The Edge:

Skate Canada ‏@SkateCanada
    @figurskater we inquired about Kaetlyn at NHK but bc the withdraw was within 7 days of the event it was not possible to have her at it
    7:27 AM - 15 Nov 12

Miserere Nobis
    I don't think they'll be filling the spot this close to competition, though Osmond could've shaken things up a bit...

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    She has dual citizenship (American and Japanese), so I would imagine that getting in and out of Japan is not a problem for her.
    I thought Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    I thought Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship?
    Dual citizenship is allowed until the age of 22.

Custom Title

2012 NHK Entries.

What happens at age 22? Are they required to renounce one of their citizenship?
    Last edited by rvi5; 11-18-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Custom Title
    That's right. Dual citizenship is not allowed because most of "naturalized Japanese citizens" are from China and Korea. The Japanese government don't want them to use suffrage for the state that they don't trust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast