2012 NHK Entries. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Entries.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And Mirai probably has all visa / passport stuff in order. Wasn't she in a show in Japan this year?

Kalina

On the Ice
And Mirai probably has all visa / passport stuff in order. Wasn't she in a show in Japan this year?

She has dual citizenship (American and Japanese), so I would imagine that getting in and out of Japan is not a problem for her.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
so sad i think it's too late for remplace her ... but i crossed my fingers for Osmond ......

Cross-posting from the Osmond thread in The Edge:

Skate Canada ‏@SkateCanada
@figurskater we inquired about Kaetlyn at NHK but bc the withdraw was within 7 days of the event it was not possible to have her at it
7:27 AM - 15 Nov 12

ForeverFish

Medalist
I don't think they'll be filling the spot this close to competition, though Osmond could've shaken things up a bit...

rvi5

On the Ice
What happens at age 22? Are they required to renounce one of their citizenship?

Last edited:

NMURA

Medalist
That's right. Dual citizenship is not allowed because most of "naturalized Japanese citizens" are from China and Korea. The Japanese government don't want them to use suffrage for the state that they don't trust.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
That's right. Dual citizenship is not allowed because most of "naturalized Japanese citizens" are from China and Korea. The Japanese government don't want them to use suffrage for the state that they don't trust.

I don't see the point though: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship after 21 either, and China does not allow dual citizen for people of any age. Any government shouldn't "naturalize" people whom they don't trust at the first place:laugh:.

NMURA

Medalist
In cases for SKorea and China, naturalization is much more difficult than Japan. I've heard it's practically impossible to obtain Chinese citizenship for ordinary foreigners (I doubt anyone from open societies would crave for that though).

Naturalization of Japanese citizens to China is virtually non-existent, and to Korea is much small number compared to the reverse direction. I think it's againt the national interests to allow dual citizenships to them EVEN IF they do "reciprocally". I'd better stop this topic so please don't care.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I don't see the point though: South Korea does not allow dual citizenship after 21 either, and China does not allow dual citizen for people of any age. Any government shouldn't "naturalize" people whom they don't trust at the first place:laugh:.

Lol indeed!... Then most of the population in a lot of countries shouldn't get suffrage in the first place. They don't trust the government! :p

In cases mentioned in the post you quoted, no government that worships war criminals executed by International Military Tribunal is worthy of any trust. Btw, while official statistics can't exist, I am more than sure that the first ones in a line to say "yes" to dual citizenship in Japan are neither Chinese, nor Korean. They are Japanese, those who have been living overseas for sometime, got a foreign passport and since then keep "hiding" their dual citizenship from the Japanese government. There are a lot of ways around it: http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/yosha/yr/nationality/Dual_nationality.html They are surely seen as traitors by some citizens! :laugh:

Country
Russia
^ So Julia is in GPF if Osmond is not at NHK? Cool!
Julia is in GPF (almost 100%) regardless of Osmond.

With no Osmond at NHK, Julia will not be at GPF, only if:
Mirai 1st,
Agnes 2nd (with score 190.62+),
Akiko 3rd (with score 182.07+, this score for her is possible, but how will she be lower than both Mirai and Agnes with such a score?),
Mao 4th.

No Osmond - good chance for Liza.
If Akiko and Mao are 1st and 2nd (in any order) - Liza has Final.
Agnes must be 2nd, or Mirai 2nd with score 184.16+ or 1st with any score to be ahead Liza.

Last edited:

katia

On the Ice
^ So Julia is in GPF if Osmond is not at NHK? Cool!

Pity.
I've seen comments that Osmond got her first place by mistake. If she were in Japan she could show all these people that she is better than they thought she is.