2012 NHK Entries. | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Entries.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:confused: I really hoped she could redeem (I don't know if this is the right word :biggrin:) her 10th place... As we noted in the "Different 3-3s" thread, she's a really good jumper! And she's listed for the NRW Trophy, too in early December, so... any news??

Country
Russia
:confused: I really hoped she could redeem (I don't know if this is the right word :biggrin:) her 10th place... As we noted in the "Different 3-3s" thread, she's a really good jumper! And she's listed for the NRW Trophy, too in early December, so... any news??

Polina Shelepen this season is in a horribly bad state.

tulosai

Record Breaker
T. Flade twittered:

Tatjana Flade‏@Tatjana21
"P. Shelepen (RUS) out of NHK Trophy I heard."
https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/266112590135062528

There is no official confirmation yet, neither on the ISU site or the NHK site. If it's true, who will get the spot? Osmond? :laugh:

Haha Osmond is doomed, she preformed too well to hope for another spot. I hope Shelepin is going to compete since I also hoped she could redeem herself, but if she is out I hope Nagasu is in and think it's more likely to be her than Osmond. We will see.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Which kind of injury? Has this been the reason of her SC disaster? And, please, GIVE THAT SPOT TO MIRAI!! :bow:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Which kind of injury? Has this been the reason of her SC disaster? And, please, GIVE THAT SPOT TO MIRAI!! :bow:

I know, right?? I am dying to sere who they give the spot to. If it's not to Mirai or Osmond I'm gonna be a little bit upset...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
going to Sokolovskaya is Shelepen's worst choice, her records of giving her students injuries are a disaster Ovcharova, Deeva anyone ?
anyways I hope now Mirai gets that spot finally !

ForeverFish

Medalist
The Japanese federation put in Mirai after the deadline because she's very popular with the home crowd...not so sure they'd do the same for Osmond, and they can't unless Czisny drops out.

NMURA

Medalist
I think the USFS won't "disclose" Czisny's WD until the very last minute. It could ruin Gao's chance for GPF, or maybe Zawadzki's.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I hope that USA will give the spot to Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Alissa Czisny who is injured :(

With Kaetlyn Osmond in the mix, it would be a fantastic competition, really it would be a strong field :D

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I hope that USA will give the spot to Kaetlyn Osmond instead of Alissa Czisny who is injured :(

With Kaetlyn Osmond in the mix, it would be a fantastic competition, really it would be a strong field :D
First of all, the USFSA can't "give" Czisny's spot to anyone, they're not the event organizers. At most they can free a spot so that someone else can get assigned (though at this late date, that might not happen either). Second, even if they could give the spot to a specific skater, why would it be in their interest to do that for a Canadian skater? I don't know if anyone will get the open slot, but I would be very surprised if it's Osmond, as it's also not in the best interest of the JSF to bring her in. She should be happy with her SC result and I will leave it at that.

I never expected Czisny to be ready for NHK, but I hope she will be able to compete in the second half of the season. Best of luck to her.