Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ilinykh and Katsalapov's FD

Ilinykh and Katsalapov's FD

I just finished watching Elena and Nikita's FD... I frankly didn't understand a lot about it... Is there a story? Which is the theme they are trying to express? What do you think about it? I honestly hope that the Shibs Memoirs of a Geisha is something special and will beat them...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I just finished watching Elena and Nikita's FD... I frankly didn't understand a lot about it... Is there a story? Which is the theme they are trying to express? What do you think about it? I honestly hope that the Shibs Memoirs of a Geisha is something special and will beat them...
    So do I

Tripping on the Podium
    They had much better and expressive routines when training with Zhulin.

Custom Title
    Where did you see I/K's FD? I'd like to take a look at it, considering that at Crystal Skate it scored a total 172.56 --- second only so far this season to D/W.
    Last edited by chuckm; 11-07-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Where did you see I/K's FD? I'd like to take a look at it.
    "Crystal Skate of Romania" thread, someone posted the link. There is their SD, too. I really don't understand how they managed to get 103 points, considering his mistake in the twizzles, even with inflated PCS it should have been (in my opinion) around 95...

Custom Title
    I'm not really clear on the expression of him being a ghost after he is shot. So far it is so infamous for being bad! Almost everyone has issues with I except for apparently the Russian federation but it seems all their eggs are in the b/s zhulin basket and I/k can have these kinds of disasters.

Banned
    I actually don't mind its not that horrible
    its the voice overs that I find embarassing !!!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Voiceovers don't necessary mean bad scores: consider A&P's OGM winning FD. However, I can't say I like voiceovers at all even when used by very good dancers.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I'm not really clear on the expression of him being a ghost after he is shot. So far it is so infamous for being bad! Almost everyone has issues with I except for apparently the Russian federation but it seems all their eggs are in the b/s zhulin basket and I/k can have these kinds of disasters.
    I have an opposite impression - that after the last world championship the main hope of Russian Federation are I/K and B/S fell out of favor. Their transformation and great start of the season might put them back in contention, but there were too many interviews and articles, including Piseev's, where I/K are called Russian #1 dance team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I have an opposite impression - that after the last world championship the main hope of Russian Federation are I/K and B/S fell out of favor. Their transformation and great start of the season might put them back in contention, but there were too many interviews and articles, including Piseev's, where I/K are called Russian #1 dance team.
    When piseev and others said that I just always thought of how b/s were just big favorites of the Russian nationals judges but also most of the time international judges. Maybe the 2012 worlds changed that but with I/k free dance no one will ever really know. Unless somehow I/k can forget about pcs and will have level 4 in all technical elements.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    When piseev and others said that I just always thought of how b/s were just big favorites of the Russian nationals judges but also most of the time international judges. Maybe the 2012 worlds changed that but with I/k free dance no one will ever really know. Unless somehow I/k can forget about pcs and will have level 4 in all technical elements.
    I guess we will see soon enough This season B/S are my favorites and I want them to keep being Russian #1, but I/K's short dance is good and it might give them enough momentum to score high in the free too.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Yes, especially when the Russian Federation chose them instead of B/S for the WTT... But I really hope B/S will remain the #1 Russian pair this year and that they can make it to the World top-5! And I would really like C/L to beat I/K, too!!

Custom Title
    I give I and K credit for trying something different like V and M as to their repertoire. That is why I changed my "allegiance" from Davis and White to V and M that in a "just" world somehow, or good karma, these teams who really are stretching themselves (and not simply marketing themselves as this is a major departure when it isn't). I know many will crtiicize this comment and say D and W are changing and doing different things.

Custom Title
    Just because something is "different" doesn't mean it's "good." So far I'm not "in love" with anyone's FD.

LOL! I like it today.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 11-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast