Ilinykh and Katsalapov's FD | Golden Skate

Ilinykh and Katsalapov's FD

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just finished watching Elena and Nikita's FD... :confused: I frankly didn't understand a lot about it... :slink: Is there a story? Which is the theme they are trying to express? What do you think about it? I honestly hope that the Shibs Memoirs of a Geisha is something special and will beat them...:laugh:

Ravensque

On the Ice
I just finished watching Elena and Nikita's FD... :confused: I frankly didn't understand a lot about it... :slink: Is there a story? Which is the theme they are trying to express? What do you think about it? I honestly hope that the Shibs Memoirs of a Geisha is something special and will beat them...:laugh:

So do I :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where did you see I/K's FD? I'd like to take a look at it, considering that at Crystal Skate it scored a total 172.56 --- second only so far this season to D/W.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Where did you see I/K's FD? I'd like to take a look at it.
"Crystal Skate of Romania" thread, someone posted the link. There is their SD, too. I really don't understand how they managed to get 103 points, considering his mistake in the twizzles, even with inflated PCS it should have been (in my opinion) around 95...

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'm not really clear on the expression of him being a ghost after he is shot. So far it is so infamous for being bad! Almost everyone has issues with I except for apparently the Russian federation but it seems all their eggs are in the b/s zhulin basket and I/k can have these kinds of disasters.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I actually don't mind its not that horrible
its the voice overs that I find embarassing !!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Voiceovers don't necessary mean bad scores: consider A&P's OGM winning FD. However, I can't say I like voiceovers at all :slink: even when used by very good dancers.

babayaga

On the Ice
I'm not really clear on the expression of him being a ghost after he is shot. So far it is so infamous for being bad! Almost everyone has issues with I except for apparently the Russian federation but it seems all their eggs are in the b/s zhulin basket and I/k can have these kinds of disasters.
I have an opposite impression - that after the last world championship the main hope of Russian Federation are I/K and B/S fell out of favor. Their transformation and great start of the season might put them back in contention, but there were too many interviews and articles, including Piseev's, where I/K are called Russian #1 dance team.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I have an opposite impression - that after the last world championship the main hope of Russian Federation are I/K and B/S fell out of favor. Their transformation and great start of the season might put them back in contention, but there were too many interviews and articles, including Piseev's, where I/K are called Russian #1 dance team.

When piseev and others said that I just always thought of how b/s were just big favorites of the Russian nationals judges but also most of the time international judges. Maybe the 2012 worlds changed that but with I/k free dance no one will ever really know. Unless somehow I/k can forget about pcs and will have level 4 in all technical elements.

babayaga

On the Ice
When piseev and others said that I just always thought of how b/s were just big favorites of the Russian nationals judges but also most of the time international judges. Maybe the 2012 worlds changed that but with I/k free dance no one will ever really know. Unless somehow I/k can forget about pcs and will have level 4 in all technical elements.
I guess we will see soon enough :) This season B/S are my favorites and I want them to keep being Russian #1, but I/K's short dance is good and it might give them enough momentum to score high in the free too.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yes, especially when the Russian Federation chose them instead of B/S for the WTT... But I really hope B/S will remain the #1 Russian pair this year and that they can make it to the World top-5! And I would really like C/L to beat I/K, too!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I give I and K credit for trying something different like V and M as to their repertoire. That is why I changed my "allegiance" from Davis and White to V and M that in a "just" world somehow, or good karma, these teams who really are stretching themselves (and not simply marketing themselves as this is a major departure when it isn't). I know many will crtiicize this comment and say D and W are changing and doing different things.

KKonas

Medalist
Just because something is "different" doesn't mean it's "good." So far I'm not "in love" with anyone's FD.

hitchem

Rinkside
I give I and K credit for trying something different like V and M as to their repertoire. That is why I changed my "allegiance" from Davis and White to V and M that in a "just" world somehow, or good karma, these teams who really are stretching themselves (and not simply marketing themselves as this is a major departure when it isn't). I know many will criticize this comment and say D and W are changing and doing different things.

How is this a major departure for I/K? They play a couple in love who deal with tragedy. Their skating is still very open. The only thing that's "new" about this program is its sudden use of dialogue in place of music, which I think is bizarre, but not interesting or innovative.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
In my country the commentator said, that's a great program. She is an expert, she was judge, don't like Morozov, and don't like Morozov's choreographies. Nevertheless she said it's a great program.

Last edited: