Thread: Ilinykh and Katsalapov's FD

Banned
    It didn't get a 100+ , lol
    and B/S still scored better for their FD

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    It didn't get a 100+ , lol
    and B/S still scored better for their FD
    It is cheesy and awful and I/K didn't even skate it well (he dropped her on her bum). But of course there is a home ice advantage.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I give I and K credit for trying something different like V and M as to their repertoire. That is why I changed my "allegiance" from Davis and White to V and M that in a "just" world somehow, or good karma, these teams who really are stretching themselves (and not simply marketing themselves as this is a major departure when it isn't). I know many will criticize this comment and say D and W are changing and doing different things.
    How is this a major departure for I/K? They play a couple in love who deal with tragedy. Their skating is still very open. The only thing that's "new" about this program is its sudden use of dialogue in place of music, which I think is bizarre, but not interesting or innovative.

Custom Title
    I don't like them this year.neither sp nor fp

In my country the commentator said, that's a great program. She is an expert, she was judge, don't like Morozov, and don't like Morozov's choreographies. Nevertheless she said it's a great program.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 11-11-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    It is cheesy and awful and I/K didn't even skate it well (he dropped her on her bum). But of course there is a home ice advantage.
    He didn't drop her, she caught an edge and tripped

Custom Title
    I give this team credit because the style is different than the past; I do think I prefer Zhulin but I prefer they go to Krylova and Carmelango and work on techinque. This team has the ability to bring it on but time is ticking. I am not sure about the voice overs but the concept is intriguing. I would like this team to be more refined say than even Gritschuk and Platov - fast, but not too frenetic, yet crisp and precise.

Custom Title
    Myself, I disliked their long program, it left me cold. They are very good skaters and I think they improved their skating, but the program has no new moves. And the dialogue is very distracting.

I think it's the first year I like I/K and it turns out it's the year they are controversial..LOL
    I can understand that the Ghost musical and movie isn't a big favorite of the majority of people but at least they tried to be different.For them it's a departure.I still prefer B/S FD and B/S generally but there was something in I/K's skating both in the SD and FD that was very appealing to me.I should shoot myself for saying this.

Custom Title
    I like them too and I'm not about to shoot myself. Looking forward to how they polish these too dances. IMHO, I think a lot of the hate stems from issues beyond the ice and personal bias. Zhulin going out of his way to paint them in the worst possible light at almost every opportunity he gets doesn't help either. That was disappointing given that he is a mature man. How quickly he has forgotten his own checkered past. I thought he would be more charitable. But a man must get his pound of flesh as they say.

Let's face it though they are young, I'm choosing to be optimistic not everyone blossoms early, look for example at P/B. Even D/W and V/M needed time to get to where they were even 4 yrs ago. I choose to be optimistic. Being hateful won't help them especially if they read these boards. I pray to God they stay far away.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm for being optimistic about them.

but I do wish they would stop killing each other off in their programs (Elena got shot in Schindler's List, and now Nikita in Ghost). In fact, I don't see this FD as new for them, but as a repeat of their controversial Schlinder's List program, but with worse music & a voiceover.

Custom Title
    Nothing was worse than their Ghetto-Holocaust-Fashion-Show of a free dance. I maintain that if that was the first program in figure skating I'd ever seen, I would never watch another one. Ghost, despite being to worse music, is just bad.

bramwled, part of the reason I/K are so scrutinized comes from the titanic level of hype they received as a new junior team.

Custom Title
    ^^Understandable.

Custom Title
    Such a shame, but after watching that monstrosity of a program, it will be a fridge break or a potty break at Worlds for me. They are 2 talented and attractive kids who deserve better than what they were given.......I hope they move on to someone else next year. I'm not a fan of theirs by any means, but I still don't like to see this.

Custom Title
    Results of any team or skater moving to a new coach season of olympics is not very good but you can find some exceptions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast