Survivor Philippines | Golden Skate

Survivor Philippines

I think Lisa is playing a good game. (By the way she is thinner now at fifty than when she was on Fats of Life as a teenager.)

When Malcom revealerd the idol, everyone should have known right there that he wasn't going to play it.

I am rooting for Denise, also Lisa.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am rooting for Denise, also Lisa.

Me too, I do kind of like Malcom. I don't know why the players don't want the old players they didn't win anything.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
That had to be one of the best TC ever on Survivor. The surprises just kept coming & coming. I think Lisa is now in trouble. They all are aware she can't keep a secret & like Abi is not to be trusted with much information. I was happy to see Jeff go. I started out liking him but as soon as someone thinks they have players in their pockets & that they run things I'm all for them being blindsided. Next week will be interesting to see who aligns with whom.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree Dee and I have all the seasons's on DVD! Lisa made a big mistake throwing everyone under the bus. Still pulling for Malcom. 42

heyang

Record Breaker
Lisa might be targeted because she might be viewed as a swing vote. Other seasons, the swing vote has been eliminated just to get rid of the uncertainty. If she moves away from the alliance she promised at Tribal, she'll definitely be targetd for the following TC.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow Penner was saved again....he's got nine lives!!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Lisa should be safe for the next 2 tribal councils. Please get rid of Abi. What a fool she is. You know, I kind of like Pete. He seems to understand the game. His mistake was hooking up with Abi.

heyang

Record Breaker
or do you keep Abi because the jury wouldn't vote for her. Does anyone like her?

I was surprised that Artis's farewell was so accepting....it may have been edited, but he came off as a lot more mature than Jeff Kent.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
.... thinner now at fifty than when she was on Fats of Life ...
Sigmund? That's funny! I agree with her looking better for I never liked her when I was a kid - the crush was on Joe for most of my friends and me - But she is a completely different type of person than her character was.

As the show goes Lisa is my favorite to WANT to win. Penner has been great to watch and will like it more than any if they stick with not taking someone to the end just because they know they will not receive votes in the final 3. It would be nice to see a "difficult" decision for the jury this season. Lisa, Penner, and Denise would be a very difficult decision for the final 3. Penner I believe is playing the best game, never relied on luck AND avoided such a BIG target on his back where Lisa and Denise haven't really had such a large target but equally good in strategies an social - maybe better. All 3 worthy imo.
Carter, ? Maybe, he is so inbetween being a great and a tagg along. He best "plays" need to come now so he "deserves it" or he'll just be admired as a good player.
Pete's loyalty is based around deceit and only plays one strategy and relied exclusively on it. I guess he knows that Abi will just keep talking and never hear that he is the reason RC and her went that way and RCs vote in the end ..... it is not a sound strategy.
Malcolm is flip floppy, it is good to have options, but many times I think people don't feel a 100% with him... or sure enough of his vote and alliances, I don't think he has been sure enough of himself either.
Abi .... what the .... how has someone grown into an adult and had their head so far up their butt and like the smell sooooo much is beyond me. How can she be a fan of Survivor to the point where she gets on the show, unaware she is so socially inept with a Disco Queen mentality, all the time believing this the best way to play the game? How can you think you have even been playing the game when you sat out so many challenges - worse than a bench-warmer for she doesn't want to play. Likely we will hear the same thing from her as all the contestants that have *disclosed their true nature* as a tyrannical jerk who embarrasses their mothers - "I am really not like this in real life, I just play Survivor." Alas Abi, Survivor has played YOU! ~ be hated by most and loved by the haters.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
BTW. It's possible that she makes it to the finale because she's unlikely to get any votes.
:)un hunh yep, I like the talk with Lisa, Penner, and Denise (was Malcolm there???) that presents the possibility they wont do the same thing as in prior Survivors *bringing someone to the end because they wont get votes. Make it difficult for the jury to decide ~ and give us a more interesting final. I believe that there was a conversation that was discussing the entertainment value for viewers at home on the beach. However I am totally aware that is a possibility as always; dealing with watching her, I mean you know people like that exist in the world but ... *sigh*

Hey, Sean! Good to see you posting again!

Do you think Penner made a mistake in turning down Liza and Mike's final three offer, forcing them to go with Malcolm and Denise?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think Skupin & Lisa made a mistake not sticking with Penner. Final 3: Malcolm, Denise & ....Abi!

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Skupin & Lisa made a mistake not sticking with Penner. Final 3: Malcolm, Denise & ....Abi!

I don't think Penner ever offered/finalized a final 3 deal with Lisa and Skupin.....

BTW, am I the only one who thought the last leg of the immunity challenge was lame? Untying a series of single knotted gates. For immunity, it should have been a big spidery tangle of knots.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
You're right heyang, Penner did not make a deal with Skupin & Lisa but they did not have to honor their alliance with Malcolm & Denise. They should have blindsided Malcolm. Then gone after Denise & Abi. JMO. Second guessing is always fun, isn't it?

heyang

Record Breaker
You're right heyang, Penner did not make a deal with Skupin & Lisa but they did not have to honor their alliance with Malcolm & Denise. They should have blindsided Malcolm. Then gone after Denise & Abi. JMO. Second guessing is always fun, isn't it?

With out Penner committing to a deal, why would they take the risk of Penner turning on them? I do agree with you that Malcolm and Denise would be hard to beat in a final tribal council. However, Penner would be hard to beat too since he can argue that he's had a target on his back from day 1 and managed to stay in the game if he got to the finale.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Hey, Sean! Good to see you posting again!

Do you think Penner made a mistake in turning down Liza and Mike's final three offer, forcing them to go with Malcolm and Denise?
Thanks and Yes - he should have known that was going to be the best possibility for him to make it and he really showed his "brat" side disclosing Lisa's past - what a twerp. What did that have to do with it. How many even talked about their past jobs let alone 20 years ago having anything to do with anything. The most interesting factor about the finally is when they ask the members of the jurry after the final vote is read, who would have voted for whom.
I like they didn't take Abi to the end and can't think of any better way to say it rather than I hope she and people like her gain more understanding of social structure and why the analogy of assume still stands true.
btw, I lurk and often think of you and the others here.