Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Ravensque

On the Ice
Yes, I think they are generally liked. Tessa and Scott look great in those costumes and I hope they keep them. Scott's looks comfortable for him, and Tessa looks drop dead gorgeous in hers.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Virtue, Moir stress simplicity, downplay storyline
Team, coach favor more 'playful' approach to short dance program
By Lynn Rutherford, special to icenetwork.com
(01/11/2013)
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130111&content_id=40926978&vkey=ice_news[/SIZE]​

The IN article is full of other reporting too, but I am esp. glad to read that V/M turned once again to FD choreographer Jennifer Swan to make improvements in their SD.
So cool that a trusted mentor from Virtue's childhood pursuit of dancing has been playing such a major role in their skating in recent years. :thumbsup:

(And V/M are very smart not to be complacent and rely on Zoueva alone - esp. in Shpilband's absence. :yes:)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A very nice article on Tessa & Scott's short dance, and what's in their minds as they reworked it:

“We have an ability to take our skating to another level, especially when we understand it,” Moir says. “When we’re kind of lost — it was mostly with the short dance — I think the public can tell, just because there’s a direct comparison the next day with Carmen, which is really special, hopefully.

“But this (Hopkins) music has nothing to attach to it so we can go in any direction. And when that gets convoluted and complex, the message gets lost. So we have to be totally sure of what we want to come across. And I think that’s just the difference between character-based story lines and what we’re trying to do with our short dance.”

http://www.thespec.com/sports/article/871365--short-dance-makeover-for-virtue-and-moire

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir's choreographer Jennifer Swan ‏@PerformanceArch is tweeting her support :).

Good Luck to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir in the Ice Dance Today and Sunday!!
8:56 AM - 19 Jan 13

Best Wishes to Tessa and Scott as they perform #Carmen Sunday at the #CFSC2013 at the Hershey Centre
11:07 AM - 19 Jan 13

ETA:

- And after the V/M Nats SD, Swan tweeted that they "nailed" it.

- A couple of good photos from another tweeter:

Virtue and a very young fan having an adorable encounter

Moir signing autographs

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Big hugs to Virtue/Moir after their difficulties at Four Continents.
This photo from the FD Kiss and Cry in Osaka is worth a thousand words:
Virtue is bending over (prob. to remove her skates?), while Moir has her back (literally and figuratively) and the coaches look downcast.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...555646561126956_1713058670_n.jpg&size=782,600

Hope that Virtue is feeling better and that they are back at their peak at Worlds.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ryan Pyette ‏@RyanatLFPress
Skate Canada's Mike Slipchuk said Tessa Virtue cramping at 4C won't have significance (for worlds). Weaver-Poje fate to come soon.
3:38 PM - 14 Feb 13​

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Does anyone have links to videos of the Canadian coverage of their 4CC's performances, particularly the SD, if they showed it on this last weekend's coverage?

waterblades

On the Ice

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For the record I did a search on Ryan Pyette's articles about Virtue and Moir in the London, ONT Free Press:

http://www.lfpress.com/search?cx=01...heart-for-american-skaters&ss=6176j1448502j43

Among those articles are plenty of articles about Carmen and it's evolution over the season so I thnk the people who are complaining about the lack of V/M articles either aren't making the effort to search for them (as they are not familiar with Ryan's work) .

Last edited by a moderator:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Virtue and Moir are hometown favourites (Mar 4 CTV London video)

Virtue and Moir are hometown favourites (Mar 4 video)
CTV London: As the World Figure Skating Championships arrive, family and friends will be cheering the local champions. Brent Lale explains.

2:01 video from CTV London -- including a sentence or two from Moir, with Virtue at his side.

The family members seen and heard making comments are not identified, but I'm pretty sure that they are (not in order):
- Virtue's father
- Moir's father
- Moir's mother (unless I have her confused with Aunt Carol?)
- Moir's brother, I think? (if not, the guy still must be related to Scott; the resemblance is very strong)

I am in the U.S. and was able to view the video.

ETA: CTV tried to reach V/M choreographer Jennifer Swan via Twitter, but she does not appear in this story.​

Last edited:

Ravensque

On the Ice
Funny, I can't view this vid on Firefox, but probably will be able to on IE...this happens a lot with vids......don't know what the problem is with Firefox....switching now so I can see it.......thanks for posting :)

Last edited: