Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

So I know this is a little old (from March of this year), but I thought that it was a really cute interview with both Tessa and Scott! And they played a "how well do they know each other" game at the end, which was fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqsaDHCpMs

An absorbing interview! Golly, Tessa looks spectacular in red, doesn't she? Both this bright red and the dark garnet red of one of her Olympic skating outfits make her look like a queen of legend.

I like Tessa's speaking voice. It's very pleasantly pitched. Much as I adore Meryl Davis, she has that little-girl squeal that took getting used to for me.

An absorbing interview! Golly, Tessa looks spectacular in red, doesn't she? Both this bright red and the dark garnet red of one of her Olympic skating outfits make her look like a queen of legend.

I like Tessa's speaking voice. It's very pleasantly pitched. Much as I adore Meryl Davis, she has that little-girl squeal that took getting used to for me.

Yes! I thought she looked fab; and it was a neat/fun interview, imo. Different than the usual interviews we always see.

And I agree....haha. I <3 Meryl. But, it took me by surprise when I first heard her speaking in such a young female voice. However, now I just find it endearing - she's pleasantly unique, imo.
BUT - Now to Tessa, lol, yes - she has a sort of soothing voice, imo. Although, both she and Scott have northern accents/twangs going on at the end of phrases and on certain words, haha. I have friends from Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin who have that same/similar accent going on. :) But, it's cute!

Macassar88

Medalist
Love the skating but the screaming hurts my ears - I think it's the person recording it so it's especially loud

Alba

Record Breaker
They have not backed down from their belief they had a different relationship with coach Marina Zoueva, who also oversees Davis and White's career, this past season.

“We felt like we did a lot of things on our own this year,” Moir said, “but at the same time, that's good for us. It gave us challenges and helped us grow. She's been there our whole careers and she was there at the Olympics as well, just in a different way.”

They have not yet made a formal decision to end their competitive days, though they have hinted at it all season.

“It's tough to say (if they'll stay in the game),” said Virtue, who plans to return to keep working on her degree at the University of Windsor this fall. “For the last 10 years, it's been our sole focus and only priority. Being part of Stars On Ice is a way to renew our passion for performing and hopefully, we'll be in this for a while.”

And if not, there's always Moir's kitchen.

For more: http://www.lfpress.com/2014/05/01/t...on-during-stars-on-ice-budweiser-gardens-stop

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Scott Moir apparently has not retired from Olympic-level competition, per these Jun 2 photos. ;)

I wonder whether Tessa joined him at the event, although I don't see her in the group photos (which include Moscovitch, BTW).

And I can't spot Tessa in the pool either, but Moir, Moscovitch, Poje, and Swiegers are visible. Also, Chan and Weaver, if I am not mistaken.
http://instagram.com/p/ownWSCL2CE/ (Jun 2 photo from @mercedesnicoll)​

I posted this in the Edge, but thought I'd add it here too...

Hello, I just wanted to let those of you that may not know that today/right now Tessa and Scott are taking over the CDN Olympic Team twitter account; and signing with #VirtueMoir (which is also how you're supposed to hashtag if you tweet them)!!! :biggrin:

There's a video posted of Tessa and Kaitlyn W. singing :yay:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A bit of a cliffhanger in the final tweet from Tessa and Scott?? Or maybe not. :think: :popcorn:
‏@CDNOlympicTeam
Signing off! Thanks for making us feel hip, twitter. So grateful to be an Olympian. Until next time....#VirtueMoir
11:04 PM - 6 Jun 2014
https://twitter.com/CDNOlympicTeam/status/475156446208741376

Does "next time" refer to the next time that they tweet? (Which would be something in itself, given their usual absence from social media.)
The next time that they are Olympians??
Or just the next time that we see or hear from them?​

In any case, their commentary and photos were great fun. Love their humor and joie de vivre. Love that we saw them enjoying the Celebration of Excellence both together as partners and separately as two individuals. Love that they shared their experiences throughout the day with us.

(Can't help adding: Scott is a very handsome guy :cool:, of course -- but yesterday the always-lovely Tessa looked extra gorgeous :yes:, at both the parade and the gala.)

I posted this in the Edge, but thought I'd add it here too...

For posterity, the link to SB's thread in The Edge.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Does "next time" refer to the next time that they tweet? (Which would be something in itself, given their usual absence from social media.)
The next time that they are Olympians??
Or just the next time that we see or hear from them?
Sadly, I think it means until next time they tweet, or until we hear from them again. :cry: I hope I'm wrong though. I want GPF for them so badly, so that they'll have won all the major titles. Another Olympics would be awesome. They're still young! They can make it!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir's goose lift was announced today as one of the ten finalists :yay: in IceNetwork's voting for most iconic move in figure skating.

June 16 is the last day for voting among the ten finalists.

Over one million votes were cast to select the ten finalists.

BusyMom

Medalist
^^cool. I spent my last weekend for them. I might need to recruit my kids help since school is over. :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A photo of Virtue/Moir on Sochi ice is the illustration for the Olympic Council of Ireland's page re the ISU Congress.

Makes me smile that the image of V/M is emblematic of skating as a whole. :) :cool: [It's the little things in life ... ;)]

^^cool. I spent my last weekend for them. I might need to recruit my kids help since school is over. :biggrin:

You're the best, BusyMom. I remember how energetically you voted for Jason and Kori for the inspiration award. :yes:

BusyMom

Medalist
Thanks Golden411. :biggrin: Last time I had so much time on my hand since I was during my recovery from my asthma attacked. This time around, not so much time. But I like the inspiration award method more. Ice Network's design the web to be difficult and more time consuming. I got Johnny's slide for most part on Saturday. :slink:

My daughter made a comment on Tessa's good look. She thought that Tessa looks a lot like Bridget Regan from Legend of The Seeker.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LV3OKvJc1...-regan-kahlan-amnell-legend-of-the-seeker.jpg

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks Golden411. :biggrin: Last time I had so much time on my hand since I was during my recovery from my asthma attacked. This time around, not so much time. But I like the inspiration award method more. Ice Network's design the web to be difficult and more time consuming. I got Johnny's slide for most part on Saturday. :slink: ...

The IceNetwork voting procedure has become much simpler for the ten finalists, as I hope that you and others have seen by now.
All ten finalists are together on one ballot, thank goodness.

In other words, the voting format is no longer the seemingly random succession of screens requiring a vote on just two choices at once.

Glad that you are recovered from your asthma attack (of which I had not been aware, sorry).