Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Alba

Record Breaker
So I guess he's no longer seeing that girl Cassandra he was with when they filmed their reality series.

They were so fake honestly. I never believed they were a real couple.

Antilles

Medalist
Scott Moir Sighting at Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Scott Moir was in the audience last night watching Manitoba's game at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts (Canadian National Curling Championships for women). The announcer said that Kaitlyn Lawes (Third for Manitoba's gold medal winning team from Sochi last year) got not only a gold in Sochi but also found love. She and Moir are an item, so he was there to cheer her on. They make a lovely looking couple.

Maggie

Rinkside
.they have been skating together since they were 7 years old and have never once proclaimed they were an off-ice couple. In fact they have always talked about their deep friendship and their individual lives off-ice.

AnaBM

Rinkside
Hi c: sorry to bother, but I have a question that has been gnawing at me for a long time, and I don't know where else to ask for help... I know Tessa and Scott used the Adagietto of the Symphony No. 5 by Gustav Mahler for their FD during 2010. My problem is: I have no clue which of all the recordings they used (with Bertini, Haitink, Karajan, etc) Could you please please help me?? I would be the happiest person in the world :yay:

Alba

Record Breaker
.they have been skating together since they were 7 years old and have never once proclaimed they were an off-ice couple. In fact they have always talked about their deep friendship and their individual lives off-ice.

We were speaking about Cassandra and Scott, not Tessa.

Hi c: sorry to bother, but I have a question that has been gnawing at me for a long time, and I don't know where else to ask for help... I know Tessa and Scott used the Adagietto of the Symphony No. 5 by Gustav Mahler for their FD during 2010. My problem is: I have no clue which of all the recordings they used (with Bertini, Haitink, Karajan, etc) Could you please please help me?? I would be the happiest person in the world :yay:

Their Mahler was arranged by Ryner Stoetzer. But I don't know which recording did he used.

Last edited:

kresslia

Medalist
Well, technically, didn't they "date" when they were really young? :laugh:

humbaba

Final Flight
I'm not sure which recording of the Mahler adagietto V/M used, but the version used in "A Death in Venice" is my favorite. I believe Zubin Mehta conducted that version; I'm not sure who arranged it.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mine too - best dance team ever - hope they compete again but doubtful. But we can wish.

LOL, if you keep jumping to conclusions like that, the delightful :) :yes: Tessa is going to make more good-natured jokes on Twitter ;) :laugh:, as she did today about someone else's similar comment.

Sounds as if Scott and she really don't know whether they will compete again.

Alba

Record Breaker
You know what I would like? I would love to see them compete again without a care in the world about winning or whatever. Just to bring some programs they always wanted but for different reasons they couldn't present. I mean the weirdest or boldest idea they could think of. :points:

Bahar

Rinkside
I love Tessa and Scott!They are very successful and talented and they're perfect together :) :) I hope we will see them on ice next season :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I love Tessa and Scott!They are very successful and talented and they're perfect together :) :) I hope we will see them on ice next season :)

Great first post, Bahar. :)

Happy that you have joined the Tessa/Scott fans at GS.

Alba

Record Breaker
In a recent interview Marie-France Dubreuil said about Tessa&Scott were among her all time favorite skaters of all time.

Q: Who are your three favourite skaters (or ice dance teams) of all time and why?

A: Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov were my absolute favourites. As competitors, they were great. Perfect classical lines and effortless speed but to me as professional skaters they reached a level of artistry and intimacy in their already perfect skating that will probably never be matched. Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean because their skating is smart. Brilliant and intricate with a perfect understanding of the blade movement on the ice. Needless to say, Christopher's work is phenomenal! I would love to borrow his brain during any choreography session. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir because they are a mix of my two favourite teams. Beautiful lines, great technique, effortless skating and a real connection between them that makes you forget they're on skates. On top of that, they're the nicest people you'll ever meet!
http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca/2015/03/interview-with-marie-france-dubreuil.html

Alba

Record Breaker
Also:The story behind Canadian jewellery retailer Hillberg & Berk’s impressive growth.

Now Mielke is banking on another Canadian celebrity. HB will produce and sell a collection designed by figure skater Tessa Virtue, six-time Canadian ice-dancing champion and 2010 Olympic gold medalist. Virtue shares many of HB’s design sensibilities, but she also brings a more delicate and bohemian approach to fashion that Mielke hopes will broaden HB’s appeal. “We’ve signed a two-year contract, but I expect our partnership will continue much longer.”

So cool and perfect for Tessa. They couldn't have found a better person to wear their jewelry. :love:

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
You know what I would like? I would love to see them compete again without a care in the world about winning or whatever. Just to bring some programs they always wanted but for different reasons they couldn't present. I mean the weirdest or boldest idea they could think of. :points:

That would be AWESOME!!!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I just want them back. Programs/placements are secondary concerns. If they don't return, I don't know if I'll be watching ice dance next year...