Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Do these guys train exclusively with D/L now? ...

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that Tessa and Scott would say that they are "training" with D/L.

My understanding of their professional relationship is that in order to work on some (not all) of their new choreo, T/S visit D/L from time to time. (Plus they all are dear friends.)

Maybe I have missed something recent, but is anything more than that going on as far as T/S working with D/L?

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I could be wrong, but I do not believe that Tessa and Scott would say that they are "training" with D/L.

My understanding of their professional relationship is that in order to work on some (not all) of their new choreo, T/S visit D/L from time to time. (Plus they all are dear friends.)

Maybe I have missed something recent, but is anything more than that going on as far as T/S working with D/L?

No that is really what I meant. These two are not coming back to the amateur ranks. They're having too much fun.

GF2445

Record Breaker
TSL really wants them to come back. And I mean really.

But tbh, Tessa and Scott don't really pay attention to them- as they should.
They should do what they want nonetheless.

Lexiglass

On the Ice
:agree: Same goes for D&W, I think.

I think there's a much bigger chance of V/M coming back than D/W but I don't see it happening until the 2018 season (if at all). I could see them giving the Olympics another go but I would be surprised to see them return to competition before that. Secretly hoping they surprise me and come back next season though :agree:

liv

Record Breaker
It is interesting to speculate. This time last year I would have said they were not returning for sure, but by being on cbc the last couple of saturday afternoons during the grand prix season, talking about renewed love of the sport, it sounds like there is a small glimmer of a possibility. It is not like there is a tour upcoming that they are promoting in the near future... it just made me do a rethink of what I had already assumed. I guess we should know soon enough... I would welcome their return if just to see what new coach or choreographer could bring out in them.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think there's a much bigger chance of V/M coming back than D/W but I don't see it happening until the 2018 season (if at all). I could see them giving the Olympics another go but I would be surprised to see them return to competition before that. Secretly hoping they surprise me and come back next season though :agree:

If they are to be back next season is the right moment. The Olympic season it's not. It will be too late.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I really really doubt they will come back. But it would be hilarious if they will. I loved them, besides... Imagine, no gold for Weaver/Poje for the rest of their careers :slink:

Marta25

Medalist
I really really doubt they will come back. But it would be hilarious if they will. I loved them, besides... Imagine, no gold for Weaver/Poje for the rest of their careers :slink:

It might happen anyway. The French look really good. Anyway, I also loved Tessa and Scott and the way Sochi went from them it would be great if they could win that second Gold in 2018. Besides, I would like to see how they would look like with a different coach, since I don`t believe that they would go back to Zueva.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It might happen anyway. The French look really good. Anyway, I also loved Tessa and Scott and the way Sochi went from them it would be great if they could win that second Gold in 2018. Besides, I would like to see how they would look like with a different coach, since I don`t believe that they would go back to Zueva.

Call me crazy, but I HOPE they will go back to Zoueva (or someone new) if they will come back. I am not particulary happy with what Montreal school is doing right now.:slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
Call me crazy, but I HOPE they will go back to Zoueva (or someone new) if they will come back. I am not particulary happy with what Montreal school is doing right now.:slink:

How about not going with any of them? :biggrin:

katha

On the Ice
They could go to Igor! :devil: He'd sort out their tech (IMO they suffered more from his absence than D/W did) and he seems fine if his couples want to use outside choreography. Well, he'd put in Shpilband!Step!Sequences! (tm), but I think he'd leave the rest alone. At least that's what it seemed happened with P/B's Little Prince FD. And I'm not pleased with Montreal either, I was never a big fan of D/L's particular brand of schmaltz when they were skating. And now it seems like they're putting out an army of pairs that go in the same direction... They don't seem that big on adding complexity to choreography either. At least during Shpilband/Zoueva's reign of terror there was variety in mood and music among their pairs, even if the programs themselves did have a certain streamlined, cookie cutter effect.

Not that I quite believe that V/M will be back anyway, but it's fun to speculate. ;)

Last edited: