Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott are one of the first topics discussed in the TSL On The Road interview with Marie-France that was published today (recorded on Sep 8).
https://youtu.be/yYzHThiinwc (published Sep 28)​

I'm particularly happy that M-F shed light on when V/M asked Patrice and her to coach them. (Thanks to Dave for asking the question.)
The answer is that back in 2014 (post Sochi), V/M already had said that if they ever returned to competition, they wanted D/L (and no one else) to coach them. And after being asked back then, D/L already had made a promise to V/M to coach them -- if they ever came back.

So long before P/C started training with D/L (and thus long before P/C's first world title, of course):
- V/M already had chosen D/L as V/M's future coaches (if needed)
- And D/L already had committed to being V/M's future coaches (if needed)​

Can't wait for the Autumn Classic to start tomorrow :popcorn:.
Good luck to Tessa and Scott :yay:.
Look forward to seeing their programs :dance2:.

Last edited:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Tessa and Scott are one of the first topics discussed in the TSL On The Road interview with Marie-France that was published today (recorded on Sep 8).
https://youtu.be/yYzHThiinwc (published Sep 28)​

I'm particularly happy that M-F shed light on when V/M asked Patrice and her to coach them. (Thanks to Dave for asking the question.)
The answer is that back in 2014 (post Sochi), V/M already had said that if they ever returned to competition, they wanted D/L (and no one else) to coach them. And after being asked back then, D/L already had made a promise to V/M to coach them -- if they ever came back.

So long before P/C started training with D/L (and thus long before P/C's first world title, of course):
- V/M already had chosen D/L as V/M's future coaches (if needed)
- And D/L already had committed to being V/M's future coaches (if needed)​

Can't wait for the Autumn Classic to start tomorrow :popcorn:.
Good luck to Tessa and Scott :yay:.
Look forward to seeing their programs :dance2:.
:2thumbs: to this post!!! :love:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mini-vids of Tessa/Scott at Autumn Classic practice -- thanks to our friend Upnights :bow::

Skate Canada's mini-vid of V/M's practice:

Upnights also has been tweeting lots of great Autumn Classic still photos. Among the many of V/M:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for bringing this here ice coverage.

Tessa looks so full of joy!

Another one from Upnights. This looks to be a costume.

https://twitter.com/michlmint/status/781536708068274178

Mini-vid from today of V/M practicing in costume:

I love seeing Scott too, but agree :agree: that it's hard to take one's eyes off of Tessa's joy and beauty in these Autumn Classic images.

Another nice still from Upnights:

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker

Kittysk8s

Rinkside
The SD was awesome. Scored 77.72. They received level 4s for everything (I think). I LOVED it :) The forward exit out of the twizzle sequence is very cool. Tessa was on fire in the opening moments setting such such an amazing tone. Yeah!

Bahar

Rinkside
I am so happy to see them competing again. They were perfect as always. Now I am super excited about free dance.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I just saw their SD and I really liked it. So glad they are back competing. I have forgotten how good they look together on the ice. The smiles after the dance say a lot about how happy they are as well to be competing. And Tessa is really ful of joy and energy.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
SD video, in case anyone missed it: https://youtu.be/WUcb4p-YHyk

TSN published an article with their thoughts about that SD and an explanation about the FD. Wanted to share the quote here.

The short dance was an energetic routine based mainly on hip-hop and blues music, but Virtue said the free dance is "a story of two people who had some hard times coming together to get through that. It's a more emotional ride than our short dance."

TGee

Record Breaker
SD video, in case anyone missed it: https://youtu.be/WUcb4p-YHyk

TSN published an article with their thoughts about that SD and an explanation about the FD. Wanted to share the quote here.

Interesting that Scott acknowledged they had some "jitters" yesterday, but that the were enjoying themselves and want to keep that through to the Olympics.

From my viewing, the adrenaline was more positive and visible for Tessa, except after the music had stopped. So glad that they were able to get through this first ISU outing on home ice. Wonderful that they feel it was a "home run.":hap57:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Love their NEW SD. my fav short dance so far easily! It is cohesive and attracted my entire attention to the very end. As an amateru ice dance watcher, I sometime have issues focusing on this season's SD. Since it is a very fun style, yet all of them still have to incorporate stsq with required edges that is when I usually lost my attention. but not with them.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
since I don't understand the tech part of ID at all. but to my untrained eyes, I think they are as sharp as ever technically still on the very highest level of ID. maybe just a couple of slips here and there.