Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow their free dance was stunning! So glad to see them back. I love watching the slo-mo cam with them - it shows just how perfect and intentional every movement is

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just watched FS.:love::luv17::eek:::hap93:
real Queen and King of ice dance!
when they come back, they said, they wanna explore new area of ice dance, that is their motivation. so they changed coach, changed style.
And they did it again, cos they are the real Queen and King.

FS not only has this modern feel (that is quite popular among ID recently), but also has their own signature chemistry, emotion, story telling etc. woven seamlessly

and above all is their second to none (completely on another level) skating ability and sense of dance

Last edited:

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Tessa and Scott are just way ahead of the rest of the field, even P/C. They once again prove how innovative and versatile they are, how incomparable their skating skills is and how special their unity, their bond on the ice is.
I've missed them so much. I wasn't even really interested in ID in the last two seasons when they were retired.

Welcome back, Tessa&Scott! :love::luv17::love:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Great result!:clap: The real champions are back!!
But...

Scott bb ! please get a haircut!! This one makes him look way older!:furious:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I actually like Scott with longer hair, he's looking looser, more easygoing. And he has nice hair.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Terrific interview with Dave Lease. You can see that Voir actually looked like THEY were enjoying it, which I'm sure is not always the case when they're interviewed. TSL at its best.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I updated Tessa and Scott's OP for the Gpf, including galas, programs, score, video interviews and print interviews.

Check the first 3 posts of the thread.

sarama

Medalist
I was watching their FD for the millionth time (I hated it at first, but now I'm obsessed), and I realised that I agree with Charlie White and Dave Lease (I never thought this could be possible:drama:): I don't think "Pilgrims on a long journey" and "Latch" make sense together (despite a well done musical transition), and I find the first half of the program so far superior than the second half. During Latch there are some beautiful moments (like the spread-eagles part, the choreo twizzles:love:, and the straight line lift), but there isn't the same cohesiveness that I find in the first half, which to me is simply spell-binding, then vocals creep in and the spell is broken. I'm not sure what the problem is (the vocals, the change of mood, the choreography :confused2:), but something just isn't working for me. Is it working for some of you?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I love the Latch. But honestly, even though I've watched it a bunch of times and I was looking for that because I heard Charlie's comments, I get so caught up in the program that it just feels super natural flowing from one to the other. To me, the character and emotion seem connected the whole way through, but I'm certainly not breaking it down the way someone like Charlie would be.

olayolay

On the Ice
I think the step sequence for Latch is way better than the first step sequence which is super generic.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is worth remembering that for years, Charlie did the music cuts for Davis and White, his brother Jason is a professional musician, and Charlie himself plays the violin and guitar, so he is perhaps more conscious of musical program construction issuues than the average commentator.

So he is more likely to comment on program construction than most, I suspect.

olayolay

On the Ice
Considering some of the incoherent, whacked out music cuts D/W skated to sometimes, I don't know if I'd take Charlie's comments any more seriously than anyone else. Even if he does play the violin and has a brother who is a musician.