Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Hope they skate clean and the competition is fairly judged that's all i ask :) no politics! Wonder if Tessa will change her FD dress?

I hope there won't be a FD dress change for Tessa, nor attire change from Scott - they looked perfect at Nationals, contemporary, with edge and sensuality. In general, their costumes for both SD and FD are reflecting perfectly their programs as they are for me, what is more amazing and important to see is how incredibly fit, ready and confident they are:)

Diok

Rinkside
I hope there won't be a FD dress change for Tessa, nor attire change from Scott - they looked perfect at Nationals, contemporary, with edge and sensuality. In general, their costumes for both SD and FD are reflecting perfectly their programs as they are for me, what is more amazing and important to see is how incredibly fit, ready and confident they are:)

yes but Tessa always changes her dress for the olympics in the FD! The cut will be the same but they might change the color or texture or not! LOL

ChanClan

On the Ice
Wow. Don't think I've ever been more proud to be Canadian than when I watched Tessa and Scott lead Team Canada into the games... And I was there when Canada won gold in men's hockey in 2010. So proud of them. They look like they are just enjoying every minute of this comeback and at the end of the day, I feel like that's what really matters.

GGFan

Record Breaker
This is completely random: I just rewatched Mahler for no reason (I was on YouTube, etc). Goosebumps! :dance2: It was like I was watching it the first time and they cast a spell all over again.:love:

I will savor every single one of their performances at these Olympics because they are legends in every way!! :bow:They are still improving things, a decade after Umbrellas of Cherbourg, which is bananas to me. :clap:

*Oh and this is coming from someone who is a D/W fan.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
This is completely random: I just rewatched Mahler for no reason (I was on YouTube, etc). Goosebumps! :dance2: It was like I was watching it the first time and they cast a spell all over again.:love:

I will savor every single one of their performances at these Olympics because they are legends in every way!! :bow:They are still improving things, a decade after Umbrellas of Cherbourg, which is bananas to me. :clap:

*Oh and this is coming from someone who is a D/W fan.

I had the same binge re-watching marathon last week :) :). Seeing how Mahler FD and Carmen FD have been developed whole season respectively (as I watched several performances and practices of these programs), I came to a thought that Moulin Rouge FD has something from both - grandiose and statement-like quality/impact of the moment created like Mahler FD and boldness, sensuality of Carmen FD. Yet, it feels quite different this time around, with more non-obvious, in-between connection and meaning of the dance impression produced to the outside, there's just more personal, intimate feel around their every performance now for me, it's a show, but a show mostly for them both, about celebrating those moments.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Ok, I just rewatched the Farrucas OD--have mercy!!! So D/W's Bollywood will always be one of my favorite OD's of all time in terms of innovation. It was everything! But the skating in Farrucas is just :drama: The timing, the choreography, the interpretation! :luv17: There's a point in the step sequence where Scott goes right into complete abandon mode and it is amazing!! :eekn:

Transcendent :bow:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm so excited to watch them tonight! (hopefully the excitement's going to make it easier to stay awake)
It's time to rewatch performances and fan videos :laugh:

Good luck Tessa and Scott! :hap85:

johnsmith72

On the Ice
On the NBC site, they posted a video of Scott and Tessa doing an almost complete run through. Tons of new choreography! The transition out of the Carmen lift is much smoother now :thumbsup:

Diok

Rinkside
On the NBC site, they posted a video of Scott and Tessa doing an almost complete run through. Tons of new choreography! The transition out of the Carmen lift is much smoother now :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing them! I think they got 1 level2 but if they hadn't they would have gotten over 82pts......good warm up for the main event next week!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Tessa's new dress and the whole performance were pure class - poise, confidence, energy, control, musicality, styling of movement and expression, chemistry, quality of edge work...

The dance is becoming more and more glamorous and richer in projection each time performer. Their attention to little musical accents, reflecting them in their body language and finishing of movement is really second to none. And they are treating music not only in sole rhythmical sense, but are integrating various body action, connections to reflect the style, mood of musical pieces user by them. It is a very sophisticated, stylish mash-up to look at, with hints of cheekiness and lots of sensuality. They are both so into everything and both are equally prominent, sound in the picture created.

Not sure, but they are probably the only team this season that got level 4 on partial step sequence in every competition since GP season. With lvl4 on non-touching step sequence and at least level up in the pattern, it could have been a new WR score...I just hope that this scrutiny on calling levels will apply to EVERYONE in individual event... (not that I have my hope high for that though...)

all that

Final Flight
Tessa's new dress and the whole performance were pure class - poise, confidence, energy, control, musicality, styling of movement and expression, chemistry, quality of edge work...

The dance is becoming more and more glamorous and richer in projection each time performer. Their attention to little musical accents, reflecting them in their body language and finishing of movement is really second to none. And they are treating music not only in sole rhythmical sense, but are integrating various body action, connections to reflect the style, mood of musical pieces user by them. It is a very sophisticated, stylish mash-up to look at, with hints of cheekiness and lots of sensuality. They are both so into everything and both are equally prominent, sound in the picture created.

Not sure, but they are probably the only team this season that got level 4 on partial step sequence in every competition since GP season. With lvl4 on non-touching step sequence and at least level up in the pattern, it could have been a new WR score...I just hope that this scrutiny on calling levels will apply to EVERYONE in individual event... (not that I have my hope high for that though...)

The level calls aren't what they should be worrying about. Look at their PCS. It's even lower than GPF.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The level calls aren't what they should be worrying about. Look at their PCS. It's even lower than GPF.

I stopped already worrying about PCS score they are receiving a while ago since it became more of an instrument of preferrence shown for the program, not for the actual performance produced. Well, I stopped to worry altogether after GPF and when I saw Olympic technical panel. It is not Tessa and Scott's job to degrade their own work and engagement put into what they do, so it is not a concern of mine anymore. At least I can roll my eyes and smirk to the heavens as much as I like.

Bahar

Rinkside
I fall asleep and miss the short dance. :( If there is a link that I can watch, will you share it please?

ChanClan

On the Ice
I stopped already worrying about PCS score they are receiving a while ago since it became more of an instrument of preferrence shown for the program, not for the actual performance produced. Well, I stopped to worry altogether after GPF and when I saw Olympic technical panel. It is not Tessa and Scott's job to degrade their own work and engagement put into what they do, so it is not a concern of mine anymore. At least I can roll my eyes and smirk to the heavens as much as I like.

Yeah, I agree. PCS have turned into whether the judges actually like their program or what their preferences are rather than what they are actually suppose to represent. Plus considering how strict this panel seemed, not surprised the PCS were low. They were also low for everyone so that's not really something you can really use to compare to previous competitions.