Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eun Soo Lim

2 Not allowed!

Eun Soo Lim

I'll be honest, she is the main reason why I started to delve deeper into Korean figure skating. A charming skater from the start!

Anyway, her latest Nationals performances:
    SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7iXIXbzU8U
    LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTMZJW-8sR4

1 Not allowed!
    i wasnt sure about how i feel about her last month at ranking competition but at nationals there was something different about her, at least for me, really enjoyed her skates!!! she has beautiful lines and big jumps and lovely presentation (and on a shallow note, she is sooo pretty! ) i wonder if she is clumsy though, she tripped few times

Edit: Baby videos are The Best!!!!!
    Last edited by matmuh; 01-12-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    i wasnt sure about how i feel about her last month at ranking competition but at nationals there was something different about her, at least for me, really enjoyed her skates!!! she has beautiful lines and big jumps and lovely presentation (and on a shallow note, she is sooo pretty! ) i wonder if she is clumsy though, she tripped few times

Edit: Baby videos are The Best!!!!!
    Haha. I also noticed her slight clumsiness. She seems to get too excited sometimes.

But wow, her jumps cover so much ice, and her lines are gorgeous. Does anyone think she looks similar to Yeon-jae Son, the Korean rhythmic gymnast?

Due to Young You's victory at Korean Nationals and resulting spotlight, it appears that Eun Soo and Ye Lim are hiding in the shadows, but these two really do have the potential as well to rise to the top. Plus they're both one year older, which means we will be seeing them in the JGP circuit next season! I'm excited for that!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    Haha. I also noticed her slight clumsiness. She seems to get too excited sometimes.

But wow, her jumps cover so much ice, and her lines are gorgeous. Does anyone think she looks similar to Yeon-jae Son, the Korean rhythmic gymnast?

Due to Young You's victory at Korean Nationals and resulting spotlight, it appears that Eun Soo and Ye Lim are hiding in the shadows, but these two really do have the potential as well to rise to the top. Plus they're both one year older, which means we will be seeing them in the JGP circuit next season! I'm excited for that!
    thats my feeling as well but didnt want to sound like i am dismissing what You achieved, because she is awesome!! but so are these 2 ladies you mentioned, maybe it will be good for them because they wont feel pressure and can we really see them at JGP next season?!?!?!?! ahhhh hope they will be healthy cause i cant deal with another Jun Hwan incident

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    thats my feeling as well but didnt want to sound like i am dismissing what You achieved, because she is awesome!! but so are these 2 ladies you mentioned, maybe it will be good for them because they wont feel pressure and can we really see them at JGP next season?!?!?!?! ahhhh hope they will be healthy cause i cant deal with another Jun Hwan incident
    I definitely agree that it will be good for them because they won't feel pressure while training for the JGP next season!

Yes, they really will be at the JGP next season. They will be 13 before July 1, 2016, so they are eligible! I am so excited and hope to see either one of them (hopefully both!) at the JGPF!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ES is adorable.

So for JGP slots next year, I'm guessing she and YR get 2 each, and the rest of them get distributed among the other skaters? (Who else is likely to get them? SH or JH?)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    ES is adorable.

So for JGP slots next year, I'm guessing she and YR get 2 each, and the rest of them get distributed among the other skaters? (Who else is likely to get them? SH or JH?)
    Not sure if it's only going to be Sohyun and Jihyun gunning for that 2-JGP chance. Nahyun and Hanul can be a surprise in the early months of the Junior season. It also depends on how puberty will handle them (ex. Sohyun and this season)

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnystars View Post
    Not sure if it's only going to be Sohyun and Jihyun gunning for that 2-JGP chance. Nahyun and Hanul can be a surprise in the early months of the Junior season. It also depends on how puberty will handle them (ex. Sohyun and this season)
    I just went with the two that had the best JGP results I remembered off the top of my head. I liked NH... and where did HN compete? Also, are any of the juniors going to be old enough for next year?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    I just went with the two that had the best JGP results I remembered off the top of my head. I liked NH... and where did HN compete? Also, are any of the juniors going to be old enough for next year?
    I think It's not that adequate to write at ES's fan thread,
    but Go eun Park & Hyun soo Lee is going to be Junior-eligible next season (with Ye lim and Eun soo).

At 2016 Nationals,
    Go eun Park (S, 13, 150.68) SP FS
    Hyun soo Lee (S, 18, 141.10/2015 Nationals Junior Ladies Champ) SP FS

But their chances to get JGP tickets are much lower than Eun soo and Ye lim, I think.
    Last edited by Hailey Shin; 01-13-2016 at 05:07 AM.

0 Not allowed!

Eun Soo Lim

Not too early, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1Z039mFJE

a month later... her presentation improved 10x too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqhATbh2II

she's a star~

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    Not too early, right?
    actually, too late
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...29-Eun-Soo-Lim

but i agree, she is a star

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    OMG I think she already has a fan thread!!

Edit: Oh yes she has. (thnx matmuh!)

But she is worthwhile to have two.
    Last edited by Hailey Shin; 02-05-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    ^^ maybe we should ask mod to combine this 2 thread.
    I was actually watching this girl's video lately quite often. she really flies into her jump. that is very Yuna like among all Korean youngsters.
    Also, this girl improved so fast during last year. she now can do a very solid 3LZ-3T with wow factor(entering speed). and one year ago, she barely managed a outside edge and had problem with -3T.
    Another way I like is her 3loop. She has a unique loop entry, which feels bouncy, rhythmic and out-of-no-where, and kinda cute. She used this entry from a very early age, and loop jump is actually one of her stronger jumps. love that 3loop combo with rippon arms in the end.
    Her performance is very engaging, feels endless energy.
    plus, this girl was blessed with a slim body type like Yuna.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    just watched the "start" video for the first time. wow, glad I didnot missed it, that is a very rare performance using Chinese traditional music( sounds like it?) And she actually incorporated hand gestures, positions, poses from Chinese classical dance and martial art!!
    This girl has so much energy and spirit.
    I remembered she did a Indian type of dance last year.
    She may be really interested in Dance!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but maybe someone who understands Korean can help me. I’m a bit confused about the spelling of her name in hangeul. Now, I’ve only been learning Korean for a few months, so it’s probably something very obvious that I’m missing. In Korean it’s written 임은수, which directly transliterated would be Im Eun Soo. To me it sounds it should be written *림은수 instead. Where does the ‘ㄹ’ sound in the beginning come from?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast