Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Rinkside
    I too think (hope!) Romeo and Juliet or Tristan and Isolde. It would be terrible to have these two never have a R&J program. Although, it does seem kind of obvious and predictable. Marina has said that she's known for a while what they would use, so that could be why they haven't already done it. I could also see her giving them some beautiful but relatively unknown piece and just letting them tell their own story, without characters. That would probably be the best set-up for another OGM. No one does that like the two of them!

In other news, since they declined to go to WTT (as did D/W), we've seen our last performance of Carmen. I'm going to miss it!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    They often create an exhibition version of either the FD or SD for the summer shows. I'm hoping there will be an exhibition version of Carmen.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    They often create an exhibition version of either the FD or SD for the summer shows. I'm hoping there will be an exhibition version of Carmen.
    Would love to see some of the carmen program when i go to SOI.

I always thought R&J would be great for them. I know its another well used piece but no one can beat their chemistry and emotion they bring.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Someone on tumblr put together a very professional-looking and detailed infographic summarizing the history of Virtue and Moir's free dances:

Clicking on this version of the same thing will toggle back and forth between smaller and larger sizes:

It's worth a look as an example of good design even if the basic list of FDs is familiar.
    The images are well-chosen to show great moments of V/M performing each FD -- and to represent their musical choices.
    (I like the fonts and the background colors too.)

Rinkside
    Marc Durand just tweeted this video from SOI last year. There are some cute behind-the-scenes moments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MMl...ature=youtu.be

Custom Title
    Thanx for posting that Kelli16. I never got a chance to see SOI last year, but that opening number was very enjoyable. I'm going this year. I hope they have something just a innovative. I love Kurt's group choreo....amazing. (It also helps that I'm a big fan of Adele as well )

Rinkside
    You're welcome! I'm jealous that you're going to SOI! Have fun! I wish I was Canadian so I could go to more events! Hopefully everyone will post pics/ video. I'm saving the travel funds for Skate Canada or Cdn Nats.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kelli16 View Post
    Marc Durand just tweeted this video from SOI last year. There are some cute behind-the-scenes moments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MMl...ature=youtu.be

Man, I am so in love with skating in general and Kurt Browning in particular.

Custom Title
    V&M are using Carmen for CSOI and a Rihanna song. So excited to see them upclose doing Carmen which I believe ranks up there with the greats and with Mahler.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I think the Rhianna song is "Stay"? And I heard Jennifer Swan will be working with them on it?

Rinkside
    SOI tweeted this yesterday - blog post by Tessa/ Scott http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5011 (Did I mention how much I love Twitter?!) They're using Carmen and Stay (with Swan). I'm super excited about that one! Can't wait to see video.

Also, Jean Marc Genereux has been tweeting about helping them work on a new program(s). Picture or it didn't happen! --> pic.twitter.com/8ooQZSoPUH
    I've been watching his choreo on SYTYCD for a while now, and I like him. He's always so enthusiastic. Here's a link to him talking about his choreo on SYTYCD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKjf1eAs99I

And while we're on choreographers, Corky Ballas has been working with the Shibs. I just looove Corky! If anyone is interested he danced on DWTS as a pro with Cloris Leachman and Florence Henderson (youtube!).

As a dancer who also happens to love skating, I'm always so excited to see skaters working with awesome dance choreographers!

Video of Scott Moir and Kurt Browning playing catch with a football as they skate around with Cyril Lunney, a host of CTV Atlantic Morning (0:26 web extra):

Photo from ‏@starsonice:
    @KurtBrowning, Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir with Cyril from CTV Morning Live! pic.twitter.com/fPkp728gqe
    9:32 AM - 17 Apr 13
    https://twitter.com/starsonice/statu...61115789029376

ETA: The show's blog refers to a segment tomorrow with Browning to promote CSOI. (Blog does not mention Virtue/Moir.)

Video of Virtue/Moir from CTV Atlantic Morning to promote CSOI (2:18 in length, Apr 18):

Browning is seen, but not heard.
    Not clear whether this vid also is a web extra or whether it aired on Atlantic Morning broadcast???

Belbin tweeted a sequence of photos showing some Team Canton members, past and present.

Within the larger group, Moir and White happen to be goofing around right next to each other in what looks like a chummy way. A good indication, I hope, that their personal friendship continues to transcend their on-ice rivalry.

@Trankov_jr
    Who is this kids??? Helsinki, FIN. JGPF 2004 #Circa2004 #tbt #throwbackthursday #trankov #moirhttp://instagram.com/p/bV6knKOVeb/
    4:33 AM - 4 Jul 13
    https://twitter.com/Trankov_jr/statu...51977442181120
    Slightly blurry photo, but sweet. Of the two guys, Moir looks esp. youthful.

ETA:
    Even more hashtags from Instagram: #scottmoir #teamrussia #teamcanada #skaters #figureskating #friends #10yearsago

Wonder if the two young friends discussed their ultimate skating goals with each other back then. Both were destined to be world champions. And after Sochi, both could be Olympic champions too.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast