Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    For a handy-dandy new (as of July 6) listing of links to well over one hundred Virtue/Moir videos going as far back as 2004, see this incredible tumblr post :

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That is quite a list!!

Rinkside
    What an amazing collection of links! Thank you!

Photos from "Tessa & Scott's Golf Classic" fundraiser in June -- for the benefit of Ilderton Skating Club and of a children's charity (seven photos from the club's album):

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

News Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

I have not posted or checked any posts for awhile here at Golden Skate, so I don't know if anyone else has posted this. Anyway, I just heard this news on the radio today - Virtue and Moir are making a six part tv show this winter about their preparation for the upcoming Olympics in Sochi. It's going to be about their lives on and off the ice. I am looking forward to seeing this show!

http://www.therecord.com/sports-stor...rtue-and-moir/

I copied this post from Ladskater over so that the link would be easy to find by V&M fans, even after the thread in The Edge is archived.

Custom Title
    And I will repeat here what I said in Ladskater's original post: I wanna be Canadian! They have skating on TV. That program is going to be splendid.

As luck would have it, I stumbled into a Barnes & Noble that actually stocked one copy of the coffee-table-sized book about Tessa and Scott. I splurged on it. It's so rare to have a book (much less a TV program) devoted to an in-depth treatment of one skater or one skating couple. I feel uncommonly lucky to have this. (I demand equal publishing time for Davis and White.) It inspired me to root out my copy of Torvill and Dean, a book published just before the 1984 Olympics, which had a lot of detailed text on Jayne and Chris's life, training, and inspirations. I am rarely thrifty when it comes to skating books, because I know all too well that there aren't going to be a lot of them around. Even if I get them all, these days in the U.S. that won't amount to a huge expenditure. Grab 'em when I see 'em.

By the way, has anyone else noticed what a chameleon Tessa is in photographs? She can look so diferent from picture to picture, and it isn't makeup. She just seems to change how she projects herself.

Rinkside
    Tessa and Scott are going to skate their new SD at Quebec Summer Championships next Saturday (Aug. 10) http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...isbriand.shtml

That's great news!!! May there be fancams!

Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Tessa and Scott are going to skate their new SD at Quebec Summer Championships next Saturday (Aug. 10) http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...isbriand.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That's great news!!! May there be fancams!
    Webcast will be available, per
    http://www.patinage.qc.ca/uploads/co...CQE2013_EN.pdf (Aug 1 media advisory):

In the senior ice dance category, audiences will delight in the opportunity to look on as Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir ― 2010 Olympic gold medallists and 2012 world figure skating champions ― perform their new short dance for the first time ever in competition. In addition, this pre-Olympic season event will also feature Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford ― bronze medal winners in the pair category at the 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships ― in a short program set to an original score composed and directed by skater Eric Radford. Piano accompaniment is also the work of the talented athlete and musician.
    The four skaters are scheduled to compete Saturday, August 10th at 14:00 and 20:00 respectively. ...

Webcasting: Next best thing to being there!
    Figure skating enthusiasts and media representatives unable to attend in person will be able to view all championship performances via a weblink found on both the Patinage Québec Facebook page and website at www.patinage.qc.ca.

Facebook page = https://www.facebook.com/patinageqc

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Webcast will be available, per
    http://www.patinage.qc.ca/uploads/co...CQE2013_EN.pdf (Aug 1 media advisory):

In the senior ice dance category, audiences will delight in the opportunity to look on as Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir ― 2010 Olympic gold medallists and 2012 world figure skating champions ― perform their new short dance for the first time ever in competition. In addition, this pre-Olympic season event will also feature Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford ― bronze medal winners in the pair category at the 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships ― in a short program set to an original score composed and directed by skater Eric Radford. Piano accompaniment is also the work of the talented athlete and musician.
    The four skaters are scheduled to compete Saturday, August 10th at 14:00 and 20:00 respectively. ...

Webcasting: Next best thing to being there!
    Figure skating enthusiasts and media representatives unable to attend in person will be able to view all championship performances via a weblink found on both the Patinage Québec Facebook page and website at www.patinage.qc.ca.

Facebook page = https://www.facebook.com/patinageqc
    Do we have to pay for the webcast or is it free?

Free or not, I'm really excited to hear that V/M would be showing their SD this week

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    I have not posted or checked any posts for awhile here at Golden Skate, so I don't know if anyone else has posted this. Anyway, I just heard this news on the radio today - Virtue and Moir are making a six part tv show this winter about their preparation for the upcoming Olympics in Sochi. It's going to be about their lives on and off the ice. I am looking forward to seeing this show!

http://www.therecord.com/sports-stor...rtue-and-moir/
    It will be interesting to see how this decision plays out.

1. It turns out to be a unwelcome distraction as they prepare for the big showdown in Sochi.

2. It turns out to be a welcome diversion, taking off some of the pressure as they prepare for the big showdown in Sochi.

A six-part series doesn't sound like it would be non-invasive.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this decision plays out.

1. It turns out to be a unwelcome distraction as they prepare for the big showdown in Sochi.

2. It turns out to be a welcome diversion, taking off some of the pressure as they prepare for the big showdown in Sochi.

A six-part series doesn't sound like it would be non-invasive.
    Hopefully, it turns out to be more like a friendly documentary for their fans; Nothing too distractive for the dancers themselves.

Virtue/Moir will be the final couple (of ten) to skate in the Quebec Senior SD competition.

The schedule at the link below says the Senior SD event will start at 14:10 and end at 15:10.

Link to results page will be here:

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Do we have to pay for the webcast or is it free?

Free or not, I'm really excited to hear that V/M would be showing their SD this week
    The webcast will be on ustream.tv ... so I'm 99% sure that it will be free.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The webcast will be on ustream.tv ... so I'm 99% sure that it will be free.
    Glad to hear that

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast