Meryl Davis & Charlie White | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis & Charlie White

deedee1

Record Breaker

Thank you so much, doris! Was a great read indeed. :)

"I think we have different moments in our past that we have favorite performances, but I think we really like all of our programs and appreciate them for what they did for us in our career. It's hard to compare them because you put so much work into them. I think every year the program we're doing at the time is probably our favorite because we're putting so much into it and I think we feel that way this year, as well."

:agree: I so agree! What Meryl and Charlie do on the ice always bring pure joy of skating to me. I love their programs season after season, enjoy them tremendously and never get tired of watching them! :love:

Best of luck to Meryl and Charlie at London Worlds! :yay: I hope they can win their second world title there.
And more importantly, I sincerely hope they stay healthy/injury-free until Sochi! :yes:

mare

Rinkside
Just wanted to let you know that the Davis and White teleconference is up on the Ice Network and it's open to all.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just wanted to let you know that the Davis and White teleconference is up on the Ice Network and it's open to all.

Thank you for letting us know, mare.

For anyone wanting the link:
The call is 18:49 in length.

ETA:
My only disappointment is that when asked to assess the strong field at Worlds, White mentioned Virtue/Moir, Pechalat/Bourzat, Weaver/Poje, and the Russians ... but not D/W's great friends the Shibutanis. :eek:hwell:​

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie on their 2nd World Title. So happy that they have been rewarded
for an amazing season! Bravo!!!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
definitely :party: :party: :party2:
They have worked so hard this year! And it is so great to see their hard work rewarded.

deedee1

Record Breaker
My most heartfelt "BIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS" to Meryl & Charlie, too! :clap::yay::party2:

I would rather want leave my message here, than some of the actual competition threads which are just :disagree: these days...:eek:hwell:

I'm so excited for them. In this case, one can love both couples and be thrilled for both. In fact, I can't imagine loving just one of these incredible teams.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My most heartfelt "BIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS" to Meryl & Charlie, too! :clap::yay::party2: I would rather want leave my message here, than some of the actual competition threads which are just :disagree: these days...:eek:hwell:
Tell me about it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm so thrilled that Meryl & Charlie won! :love: I could only be happier if Tessa & Scott had skated their SD perfectly, too.

I'm assuming both teams will be at WTT again, so we don't have to let go of this year's programs just yet. However, my heart shuddered when I heard Marina had said not only that she knows what music she is going to use for both teams, but that she didn't need to listen to any music; it is just all in her head.

I'm afraid we're in for the 15th coming of Katia & Sergei programs; that's the music that is in Marina's head.

KKonas

Medalist
Great early News on D/W's preparations for Sochi: According to DWTS pro Derek Hough on his blog:

"This week, I also started working on a very special routine that's not for the show. I'm choreographing a number for our world champion ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White to perform at the Olympics next year. They graciously asked me to do it and how could I say no? It's truly an honor and they're amazing. They won silver in Vancouver, are five-time U.S. champions and two-time world champions. If you're not familiar with them, I highly recommend you check out some of their routines. They actually taught me a new move that I might have to do on the show. It's a trick and Kellie would be able to do it. Maybe you'll see it in a few weeks!"

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Now I have to see DWTS the next couple of weeks to see which of Meryl & Charlie's lifts they use (I'm guessing it's a lift).