Meryl Davis & Charlie White | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis & Charlie White

KKonas

Medalist
Have a great time at SLC! That's going to be the comp with the best slate of entries until 4CC's.

Thanks. I am sure I will. I had a hard time deciding between SA and SLC, (it would have been my 20th SA), but the addition of the top French dance team and Canadian team at SLC, plus the Shibs, made the decision for me. Plus my granddaughter is getting married one week after SA, which would have made that trip more complicated timing wise since I have out of town family arriving to stay in my guest house immediately after SA. Anyway, I am so excited to see all the new programs, including the other disciplines. Hopefully, I will be able to send tidbits of info during the competition.

It will be great to hear from you, KKonas! Have a wonderful time, and also congratulations on your granddaughter's upcoming marriage. Thanks in advance for sharing whatever tidings you can from SLC.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Have a great time at SLC! That's going to be the comp with the best slate of entries until 4CC's.

Thanks. I am sure I will. I had a hard time deciding between SA and SLC, (it would have been my 20th SA), but the addition of the top French dance team and Canadian team at SLC, plus the Shibs, made the decision for me. Plus my granddaughter is getting married one week after SA, which would have made that trip more complicated timing wise since I have out of town family arriving to stay in my guest house immediately after SA. Anyway, I am so excited to see all the new programs, including the other disciplines. Hopefully, I will be able to send tidbits of info during the competition.

:love: :love: Please do send tidbits, snippets, anything!

KKonas

Medalist
It will be great to hear from you, KKonas! Have a wonderful time, and also congratulations on your granddaughter's upcoming marriage. Thanks in advance for sharing whatever tidings you can from SLC.

I have 4 granddaughters. This one is the eldest (25). Not only beautiful but smart, got her MBA at age 23. Re: media access. Seems like no media room in SLC, so I will probably be having to work a lot of mornings in the hotel.

KKonas

Medalist
D/W fans are going to love their FD. Charlie in particular gives the most passionate performance I have ever seen him do. I could barely take my eyes off of him in practice. Meryl is elegant as always and I can't wait to see her costume for the FD. Two-time Oly Gold medalist Evgeny Platov said he thought this FD was perfect for Sochi as Rimsky-Korsakov's music is a favorite of Russian culture.

deedee1

Record Breaker
D/W fans are going to love their FD. Charlie in particular gives the most passionate performance I have ever seen him do. I could barely take my eyes off of him in practice. Meryl is elegant as always and I can't wait to see her costume for the FD. Two-time Oly Gold medalist Evgeny Platov said he thought this FD was perfect for Sochi as Rimsky-Korsakov's music is a favorite of Russian culture.

Thank you so much, KKonas! :) Can't wait to see it to be uploaded on YT soon! I echo Doris, I am over the moon already because Evgeny Platov aproves it! :love:
Sounds you are having a really great time in Salt Lake City. GOOooood for you! Please enjoy the rest of the competition. :yay:

mare

Rinkside
I've watched D&W's SD on Ice Network four times now. The more I watch it, the more I like it. I agree that something needs to be done with the last music cut and the rotational lift, but in the end I think that this has the potential to be an outstanding dance for them. I remember not liking Notre Dame at Skate America last year and then being blown away by the improvement at NHK. I have a feeling that I will have the same reaction when this dance gets to Skate America in a month.

I'm sorry that so many of you haven't been able to see the dance yet. Hopefully, it will appear somewhere in the near future.

KKonas

Medalist
Thank you so much, KKonas! :) Can't wait to see it to be uploaded on YT soon! I echo Doris, I am over the moon already because Evgeny Platov aproves it! :love:
Sounds you are having a really great time in Salt Lake City. GOOooood for you! Please enjoy the rest of the competition. :yay:

The great thing about this low profile event is that you get to talk to more coaches, officials, etc. without the hassle of jumping through security hoops. Platov and I go waaay back. Judy Blumberg is here, so I hope to talk to her as well. Spoke to Igor. He won his lawsuit over his Canton exit last year. Officials/judges I spoke to are very pleased with Meryl & Charlie's programs.

flaneur

On the Ice
Scheherazade is a really good vehicle for D/W and the program is lovely. I really like the entrance to the first lift... it is unique and a definite program highlight. I'm not crazy about the upside down lift. It kind of feels like a lesser version of V/M Carmen lift (yes, I know it's only September... so it is no where close to where it will ultimately be).

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
They did receive a 1 point deduction not sure why. It probably was one of their lifts.

Absolutely NO INSULT intended to demarinis5 personally/directly or in any way, so hopefully none will be taken. BUT ... it is so common that even highly attentive fans who follow the sport and their favorites, are not aware of WHY a score is what it is! Deduction? No clue. One has to CRAWL through several links, usually not made available until way after the event has concluded for one to find out WHY a deduction was taken, or HOW a skater got the score they did.

It is a pathetic situation for this sport to be in for that to be the case. And, it is what makes it so possible for plenty of shenanigans to go on with the judging and scoring, because it is so complicated and lacks visibility.

AGAIN. Nothing against the post I've quoted from. Just one of those hands in the air moments.

SkateOn

Rinkside
I think Meryl and Charlie have 2 great programs this year, I really don't get all the criticism. The SD is so light and just flows across the ice. The only thing I saw that needs some work is that lift at the end, otherwise fantastic. The FD is gorgeous, but there are some lifts that could be, and will be improved on. I love the circular step and the twizzles looked great. Time will tell but I think when everything is in place and polished it could end up being my favorite program of theirs.

KKonas

Medalist
Do you happen to know a link to the details of this. Did the case actually go to court?

Just got back home. Case never went to court. Igor said he didn't want to have to go to court because then the skaters would have been called to testify, and he didn't want to have to put them through that ordeal, so he settled for an undisclosed amount. I am not crass enough to ask for how much, but he said it wasn't about the $$$$ but about how he was poorly treated.