Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Meryl Davis & Charlie White

Custom Title
    My most heartfelt "BIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS" to Meryl & Charlie, too!

I would rather want leave my message here, than some of the actual competition threads which are just these days...

Custom Title
    I'm so excited for them. In this case, one can love both couples and be thrilled for both. In fact, I can't imagine loving just one of these incredible teams.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    My most heartfelt "BIIIIG CONGRATULATIONS" to Meryl & Charlie, too! I would rather want leave my message here, than some of the actual competition threads which are just these days...
    Tell me about it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm so thrilled that Meryl & Charlie won! I could only be happier if Tessa & Scott had skated their SD perfectly, too.

I'm assuming both teams will be at WTT again, so we don't have to let go of this year's programs just yet. However, my heart shuddered when I heard Marina had said not only that she knows what music she is going to use for both teams, but that she didn't need to listen to any music; it is just all in her head.

I'm afraid we're in for the 15th coming of Katia & Sergei programs; that's the music that is in Marina's head.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm afraid we're in for the 15th coming of Katia & Sergei programs; that's the music that is in Marina's head.
    This is gold. I feel that she never really got over that team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
    This is gold. I feel that she never really got over that team.
    Well, who could get over them? But I hope she's able to give D/W and V/M just the right programs for them. If I hear the Moonlight Sonata, I will be very afraid.

There is a new Classroom Champions youtube up that Meryl & Charlie made post Worlds.

It is about leadership, involves their dog DJ, and they are working on their Olympic programs already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FPrem4mpzNY

^Thanks!

Custom Title
    Great early News on D/W's preparations for Sochi: According to DWTS pro Derek Hough on his blog:

"This week, I also started working on a very special routine that's not for the show. I'm choreographing a number for our world champion ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White to perform at the Olympics next year. They graciously asked me to do it and how could I say no? It's truly an honor and they're amazing. They won silver in Vancouver, are five-time U.S. champions and two-time world champions. If you're not familiar with them, I highly recommend you check out some of their routines. They actually taught me a new move that I might have to do on the show. It's a trick and Kellie would be able to do it. Maybe you'll see it in a few weeks!"

Now I have to see DWTS the next couple of weeks to see which of Meryl & Charlie's lifts they use (I'm guessing it's a lift).

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Great early News on D/W's preparations for Sochi: According to DWTS pro Derek Hough on his blog:

"This week, I also started working on a very special routine that's not for the show. I'm choreographing a number for our world champion ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White to perform at the Olympics next year. They graciously asked me to do it and how could I say no? It's truly an honor and they're amazing. They won silver in Vancouver, are five-time U.S. champions and two-time world champions. If you're not familiar with them, I highly recommend you check out some of their routines. They actually taught me a new move that I might have to do on the show. It's a trick and Kellie would be able to do it. Maybe you'll see it in a few weeks!"
    I suppose we can guess that Derek is helping them with quickstep choreography for the SD.

http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2013/...ine-may-cover/
    Skating Magazine has an article on Meryl & Charlie's perfect season in May.

They have pre-released the cover photo

Custom Title
    AHhhhhh

We all fans has been witnessing and fascinated by Meryl & Charlie mature both as skater and person over the years. What I love about them the most is their 'voicing' with their beautiful skates AND with their beautiful words, under any circumstances both on and off ice. Reminds me of the words I found somewhere in a book when I was younger and desperately studying English grammar of Relative Pronouns with 'what' & 'how' :

"People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember 'how you made them feel'."

They are great champions in a true way!

ETA: To demarinis
    Sorry I did not reply to you sooner. I did not want to refer to a couple of posts that were a bit displeasing or depressing to me. But the above was a part of my feelings back then. Well, who said or what were said do not matter much by now. I normally try to get over it whenever something displeasing or depressing happens. As always, thanks a lot for your thoughtfulness!

^Your Welcome!

Well, I think Meryl and Charlie should be safe. Marina's obsession with G&G has only been sublimated to V&M; we don't see her making Meryl, Charlie, or the Shibs skate to Flamenco and Mahler. It's obvious which team she favors.

I truly hope Meryl and Charlie will find their Bolero, Olympic Swan Song, or whatever you call it. I hope it's original music that's never been used. No more Andrew Lloyd Weber and musicals that have been done to death before. I hope it's wonderful, unique music that will express their ability, power, and athleticism.

Please don't let Marina choose the music!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast