Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Meryl Davis & Charlie White

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Apparently the DF lift they kept in their FD was at the request of judges.
    Oh, that's interesting! It must be the rotational lift towards the very end of Notre Dame when Meryl is in a split with her hip on Charlie's shoulder. I LOVE THAT LIFT! It is indeed beautiful and unusual so why not? It was so perfectly timed and fitted to Die Fledermaus but they make pretty good use of it in Notre Dame too. It has such a free and whimsical quality and I particularly like the added arm flourish that Meryl is doing for ND. I don't remember arm flourishes in DF.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Charlie and Colin Firth
    Just an anecdotal comment. I pop over to another skating webpage every once in a while just to see what its members are talking about. A recent thread of conversation in the Davis & White section concerned Charlie’s resemblance to British actor Colin Firth. Being a big fan of Firth myself and being a big fan of the original BBC production of Pride & Prejudice, I remarked on this resemblance of a young Colin Firth to Charlie after the 2011 Skate America SD performance where Charlie was costumed as a 19th century gentleman in his Puccini waltz SD. Clearly Charlie had no idea who Colin Firth was by the blank look he gave me. It appears that Charlie is not a big movie buff at least of this genre. Firth has since won an Academy Award for his performance in The King’s Speech, so perhaps Charlie will now recognize him, but Firth is now a much older version of the young, dashing Mr. Darcy, and Charlie has a much friendlier, open and sunny version of life than did the inscrutable Mr. Darcy.
    I share your admiration of Firth and the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.
    Unless the costuming a la Darcy was the only point, I don't really see that White bears any obvious resemblance to Firth in terms of physical features. No matter, both gentlemen are easy on the eyes. "Sunny" is a good description of young White. And the older Firth will remain forever dashing.
    LOL, I recall that when asked about leisure activities, White once mentioned that going to movies with Belbin was one of his favorite. As you say, very possible that they have since come to know Firth from The King's Speech.
    Last edited by golden411; 02-15-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    In case anyone missed it, Meryl & Charlie have another youtube in their Classroom Champions series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnYy2_k2QsI

DJ the dog makes an appearance.

The subject is taking care of your body & mind.

DJ the dog makes an appearance.
    And the four-legged Donna Jo is the (worthy! ) star of the photos tweeted by Davis today:
    Last edited by golden411; 02-15-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Those photos are too cute. I'm a sucker for doggie photos!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ng-into-Worlds

Detroit News article, pre Worlds.

Those photos are too cute. I'm a sucker for doggie photos!
    At this rate, DJ will be needing her own thread in Fan Fests. Two more photos (from Feb 17) of the most irresistible member of Team Davis/White:

- https://twitter.com/jacqwhi/status/303161436761382912

- https://twitter.com/jacqwhi/status/303161787715551232

Custom Title
    Thank you so much, doris! Was a great read indeed.

"I think we have different moments in our past that we have favorite performances, but I think we really like all of our programs and appreciate them for what they did for us in our career. It's hard to compare them because you put so much work into them. I think every year the program we're doing at the time is probably our favorite because we're putting so much into it and I think we feel that way this year, as well."
    I so agree! What Meryl and Charlie do on the ice always bring pure joy of skating to me. I love their programs season after season, enjoy them tremendously and never get tired of watching them!

Best of luck to Meryl and Charlie at London Worlds! I hope they can win their second world title there.
    And more importantly, I sincerely hope they stay healthy/injury-free until Sochi!

13 minute radio interview with Meryl & Charlie, as a pre Worlds kick off

http://www.michiganradio.org/post/as...chigan-skaters

On the Ice
    Just wanted to let you know that the Davis and White teleconference is up on the Ice Network and it's open to all.

Quote Originally Posted by mare View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that the Davis and White teleconference is up on the Ice Network and it's open to all.
    Thank you for letting us know, mare.

For anyone wanting the link:
    The call is 18:49 in length.

ETA:
    My only disappointment is that when asked to assess the strong field at Worlds, White mentioned Virtue/Moir, Pechalat/Bourzat, Weaver/Poje, and the Russians ... but not D/W's great friends the Shibutanis.
    Last edited by golden411; 03-03-2013 at 08:05 PM.

There is a nice Meryl & Charlie article in the on-line version of Skating Magazine:

http://content.yudu.com/A211m6/Skati...asp%3Fid%3D467

Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie on their 2nd World Title. So happy that they have been rewarded
    for an amazing season! Bravo!!!!!

Custom Title
    Splendid for them! I'm thrilled.

definitely
    They have worked so hard this year! And it is so great to see their hard work rewarded.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast