Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Meryl Davis & Charlie White

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Eric Luna‏@EricLunaDance12h
    Just finished coaching U.S. Ice dancing team Charlie White and Meryl Davis.Hoping they bring home the gold in the 2014 Olympics! GOOD LUCK!!
    Eric Luna is, with his partner Georgia Ambarian, a four time World Caberet Champion. Here's their website.

http://www.ericandgeorgia.com/

So one of the big questions we get is why should I train with a couple know for their lift work and dancing in the Cabaret division of ballroom? Simple...what we know applies to all the styles of dance. Any time a woman is no longer on her own balance or own two feet, she is performing a "trick" and all tricks use the same basic principles. The height of the trick doesn't change the basic "math" of the movement. Whether you are a beginner, teacher or seasoned competitor there is a technique to tricks and lifts that is necessary for safe and visually appealing execution.

Also our division revolves around the ability to tell a story. Sometimes that story is deep and emotional, sometimes the story and characters created are just plain fun! We teach story telling from "the thought first" principle. Want to know how to do that and express your spirit more completely in the dancing? Then schedule a session with us.

We feel you will be very pleasantly surprised how we can help you layer your dancing and bring in the "extra edge". We would love the opportunity to help you grow into the dancer you know you can and want to be!

Custom Title
    Icenetwork US Olympic Photo Shoot

Once again we see that the editors of Icenetwork.com apparently are ignorant of the fact that our 5 time ice dance champions are the only US skaters who have a realistic chance of winning an Olympic medal in Sochi as they are not included in their US Olympic photo shoot.

That's outrageous in a really bad way.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Agree that D/W's absence from IN's "USOC photo shoot" gallery is perplexing.

FWIW, Charlie White is seen another IN gallery: "Backstage at NBC's pre-Olympic lifestyle shoot."

In the past quad, since Vancouver, D&W have been World champs twice and silver medallists twice. The only other world medallist from the USA in that time would be the Shibutanis (3rd) in 2011. There have been NO ladies, men or pairs in the last quad that won even a bronze.

And no pictures of dancers? Just crazy. The only time US dancers haven't had a world medallist since 2005 was the year Tanith & Ben finished fourth.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    The Shibutanis appear in both IN galleries mentioned above.
    Still odd that Davis/White are not showcased. But I'm glad that the Shibs are included.

Custom Title
    Hope the rumor about Scheherazade FD is true. It is a beautiful piece of music and hasn't been overused in ice dance. Only Blumberg & Schubert come to mind. Think it's great choice for D/W. The Vienna Philharmonic version is stunning. It's 42 minutes long on youtube, but since Charlie is good at initial music editing, I am sure he can carve out the best sections to tell the story in 4 minutes.

I seem to remember a Russian Jr team using it about 3 or 4 years ago, but no top 10 senior team has used it in years. And it's lovely music. Blumberg & Siebert were penalized by the Italian judge at Olympics, AFAIR, in 1984 because the judge felt Scheherazade didn't have a defined beat.

I wonder what version Meryl & Charlie will use to assure having the defined beat, or whether they will edit one in, if they use this music?

Here's Blumberg & Siebert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyfosI-IcYY

Found the Jr team:

Pushkash & Kiselev 2009 FD Jr Worlds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzrmLtEk6g
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-27-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Custom Title
    I think it would be relatively easy to add a beat into the music. Blumberg & Siebert's music was one dimensional. (Don't know where the Schubert came from in my previous post. Must have had composers on the brain.)

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    The more I'm thinking about this choice, the more I like it.

The collective memories of GSers indicates that it hasn't been used by a top tier dance team in 30 years, but it's familiar enough not to be a draw-dropping risk.

I watched B/S 1984 program, and I imagined what D/W might do now with the same music.

I really think this could be a very memorable choice.

I know this is still just a rumor, but I'm hoping it is true.

Custom Title
    In one of my many interviews with D/W, Charlie said he loves telling a story in the FD, that's why I think Scheherazade is perfect for them. Plus it is recognizable music written by a Russian composer.

Custom Title
    Skating magazine readers choice award 2012-13

Link to USFS Skating Magazine's Readers Choice Award for 2012-13

http://www.usfsa.org/readerschoice.asp
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-04-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: fix link

Custom Title
    Derek Hough who has spent some time working with Davis & White on their programs this season has been nominated for 2 Emmys for choreography on DWTS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Derek Hough who has spent some time working with Davis & White on their programs this season has been nominated for 2 Emmys for choreography on DWTS.
    I love the idea of Derek Hough contributing to D/W's programs. He's one of the best choreographers on DWTS. I also love the idea of Scheherazade. It's one "war horse" piece of music that always sounds new and exciting to me. Since it has four movements, there might be enough segments that the choreographer can pick that will have a defined rhythm and also changes in rhythm. The second and third movements especially have a lot of rhythm.

Custom Title
    According to USFS, Davis & White to compete at US Senior B Intnl Classic in SLC. in Sept.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast