Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Short Dance

Tessa and Scott were flying!!! Much much better than at Skate Canada.

Custom Title
    Tessa and Scott had a better outing this time around than Skate Canada- at least in terms of how it came across. Though that lift was still a little scary as she twists onto his shoulder but at least they didn't attempt to do anymore position shifts once she got up there because I don't think they could handle it.

Custom Title
    What a shame about the Shibs...

Also, did anyone notice how huge Tessa and Scott's lobe was in the second pattern of the YP? They almost reached the barriers on the other side of the rink!

Custom Title
    Hmmm technical elements still low though for V/M.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    What a shame about the Shibs...
    I agree they really needed to send a message this year in order to be competitive for Sochi and this SD was too much of a risk. Sometimes risks are good but sometimes they're just foolhardy and this unfortunately was the later one.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one- can they do it by Nationals? They had such a late start this year- doesn't look good.

Custom Title
    V/M were so much better this time around. Good for them.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    Hmmm technical elements still low though for V/M.
    Yep, about 2 points lower than D/W at SA...

skating philosopher
    I agree they really needed to send a message this year in order to be competitive for Sochi and this SD was too much of a risk. Sometimes risks are good but sometimes they're just foolhardy and this unfortunately was the later one.

I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one- can they do it by Nationals? They had such a late start this year- doesn't look good.
    I get the sense that this is their second SD given that the earlier ISU bio said they were doing Mary Poppins. I get the feeling they decided to go for it and change it something completely new. So chances are they haven't trained this program for very long.

But I don't agree they should scrap it -- I think they could make it really good and we are forgetting this is their first competition of the season, period (I/K at least had the Crystal Skate to introduce their programs).... so with some time, I think they can make it great. I think it will be a good challenge for them.

Would they really change their SD twice? Unfortunate for them.
    Although if they took off his headband, they could do a firebird SD! That would be cool! And her outfit already screams firebird.

Custom Title

Their FD seems to be the opposite, but you couldn't be more right. This short dance is very weak and is not going to help them if they don't make some drastic changes.

Banned
    V/M looked not that light, even forced. It might have resulted in the score, compared to D/W.

Custom Title
    Thats ok. Similar to last year.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf
    Protocols are up!

Sinitsina and Zhiganshin had the highest base tech

skating philosopher
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SD_Scores.pdf

The protocols tell the tale. The Shibs only got a level 4 on their rotational lift. Even their trademark twizzles (not great here) only got a level 2. Judges really liked their step sequence though -- they got +1.43 despite it being a level 2. That tied with V/M's step sequence (also +1.43) for the element with the highest +GOE.

In fact, the judges, on the whole, liked the execution of the elements (though they can score better). But they definitely got marked down in levels and PCS, which makes sense given that it wasn't the best performance.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 11-09-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast