Tessa looks a bit heavy, she gained weight right ?
I'm starting to think the Shibs should move to Igor. Their levels REALLY suffered here. They should not be suffering through the polka!! But alas....
The Shibs are getting worse and worse since their surprise bronze medal. Their TES just kept on going down. Their PCS used to be competitive for a bronze, now, taking a huge step back. Medal of any color will be an uphill battle from now on for them. Maybe the first year was a fluke because they aren't good technicians anymore.
Mary Poppins was listed as the Shibs' SD on their ISU bio as late as 10/16, which means they probably haven't had that that program for even a month! So perhaps it's not surprising that it's so raw at this point... it is their first competition after all.
That said, I am surprised they would make such a big change at the last minute...
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT
1. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 70.65 Short Dance
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 65.70
3. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN (RUS) - 60.85
4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 58.26 Short Dance
5. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 55.81
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 55.53
7. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 51.44
8. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 51.39
Last edited by Mao88; 11-09-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Any SP links yet? I'm anxious to see the Shibs' SP. Terrible scores & placement for them at a time when they're trying to rebound from last season's disappointment. I'm very surprised by the choice of Missing for their polka, it does not seem to fit at all, although I'll reserve judgment until I see the actual program. Add to this their decision to re-use Memoirs of a Geisha (why? could they really not find any other inspiring music?) and I feel quite worried about them. The Shibs are the youngest of the Canton teams and had the most to improve on technically--I wonder if the loss of Igor's technical expertise will hurt them the most. :-(