2012 Cup of Russia Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Pairs SP

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wow, home cooking for B/L. 3 judges thought their SBS 3T were ok. No -GOE.
B/L is probably the worst of the non-contenders, they always manage to creep me out.

V/T are so overscored. Poor K/S, they will never manage to be Russia #1 again.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow, home cooking for B/L. 3 judges thought their SBS 3T were ok. No -GOE.
B/L is probably the worst of the non-contenders, they always manage to creep me out.

V/T are so overscored. Poor K/S, they will never manage to be Russia #1 again.

K/S are being pushed as Russian No. 3, very sad :(

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 74.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 66.02 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Caydee DENNEY & John COUGHLIN (USA) - 59.02 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Paige LAWRENCE & Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 51.86 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 50.90 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 50.25 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Tiffany VISE & Don BALDWIN (USA) - 45.91 Short Program, 2nd Copy

StellaCampo

On the Ice
Never been a B/L fan, and Bazarova looks so frail, but this program is really nice for them.
On a different note, is anybody getting tired of the mirror skating requirement in the pairs' SP's? Wish ISU would ditch this--I don't see what it's supposed to prove.

I am bored with mirror skating. In most cases there's not much artistry. I miss the old style unison a la Rodnina/Zaitsev, in particular, step & jump sequences combining double/single jumps with steps in between. Pairs were doing it in G/G era too. I enjoyed watching the unison and energy generated by the two skaters. These days some pairs even attempt 3 Lz and 3x2x2 in LP (something even Mao finds difficult to accomplish). But I don't get any esthetic pleasure seeing it.

Regarding B/L, it's interesting to hear the reaction of Franca Bianconi on Raisport when their score was announced. She wasn't expecting that score and what she said then was not exactly flattering...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A deserved lead for Tanya and Max, I really like this programme, a much better performance than they gave in SA. Good to see B/L back, probably a little over marked, the SBS jumps were not the best which you would expect from a score of 66. D/C again great on the tech but not much else, they are lacking something, but if they keep bringing this level of tech in all comps they should be at the business end of the big comps.

Enjoyed the Canadians, a really pleasing quality to their skating. I though that M/R were slightly undermarked on the PCS. The guys on Eurosport kinda felt her heart wasn't in it after she doubled the salchow, hopefully they put in a good free skate.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
OK, after watch V/T's SP again, I am 100% sure now that I HATE this program. I hate the choreography, the moods and feel appear totally wrong. T criticized north Americans's take on Blues, and what they did is anything but Blues. Does he know that Blues was originated in North America? This is such a boring program and I hate his mustache. Their program is not sexy as he claimed. V can't do sexy. She is not good at dramatic either. She is just this very nice girl and she should go with lyric and sweet, showcase her great classic lines. They can do that. I just don't like their over-the -top acting.

They are really good technically and hopefully they can find programs that suit them. Good luck!

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would love to see K and S get a makeover, work on the quad sal and just take the world by storm - wishful thinking though. I think they are underrated. But mind you none of the current pairs are extraoridnary. None of them are "dominating" yes, the germans by result but kind of almost like years ago in canada when the women were rather weak and so so and Jennifer robinson dominated. She was blah but the best of blah and as soon as there was some hope she was pushed aside like yesterday's newspaper.

noidont

Final Flight
Oh I love love love V/T's short. So cheap, hot and gangly, with a nice trophy wife in his arms probably traded in... It's like what Maxim Trankov is all about.
Seriously though, that was a performance. Their attempts before CoR did fall short. I prefer this kind of program to boring lyrical B/L, P/T and K/S any day. V/T's long program is the one I don't like. Trankov can't do lyrical and Tatiana emotes all wrong when doing anything deep. S/S is all about being experimental. V/T should just be all about dirty sexy. They should try some trance or house music, the kind Brezina is always using.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Oh I love love love V/T's short. So cheap, hot and gangly, with a nice trophy wife in his arms probably traded in... It's like what Maxim Trankov is all about.
Seriously though, that was a performance. Their attempts before CoR did fall short. I prefer this kind of program to boring lyrical B/L, P/T and K/S any day. V/T's long program is the one I don't like. Trankov can't do lyrical and Tatiana emotes all wrong when doing anything deep. S/S is all about being experimental. V/T should just be all about dirty sexy. They should try some trance or house music, the kind Brezina is always using.

wow, that's quite different from what I feel. I feel that this SP is trying to be hot and dirty, but Tatiana just is to nice, like Joanie Rochette, never hot and sexy even in skimpy leather costumes. They just can't do that kind of seductive provoking moves/expressions:) I don't know. I had very high hope the first year they were together, but now it all technical. When the play dramatic or sexy, I can really see the labour, and it all artificial. That's just how I feel. Now I'm more leaning to S/S. Although they're kind of wooden/robotic, at least they try something new and the program does not need that depth of emotion to be interesting. P/T are doing what they are good at, and doing it well, not much change from previous years but I think they get a bit better performance wise. I'd like to see them to try something different but if they choose to go on the same path I hope they add at least something new. I'm kind of tired with their costumes, almost always the same color/style. I don't know about K/S, what they need to do. I just can't warm up to K, her moves just don't look right, I think she needs some dancing lessons. A super flexible girl like her should be able to do so much better.