2012 Cup of Russia Ladies SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Ladies SP

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
LMAO, Murakami gets another 100% BOGUS < call on her 3Toe-3Toe. This is bizarro and wrong and stupid.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
LMAO, Murakami gets another 100% BOGUS < call on her 3Toe-3Toe. This is bizarro and wrong and stupid.
:agree:
However, I'm SO happy for Gracie, I was very disappointed with her SC result, I hope she'll win a medal here... Beautiful program from Kiira, with a 3-3 this could have been around 65! Leonova :bang: what a studpid mistake! She was already smiling after the flip, she wasn't focused, after the first spin I thought "There's still one jump left, is she concentrated enough?", the answer came two seconds later: no! But I have to say that I liked it, except her arms posture before the combo and the flip... :no: It's really horrible, she should at least TRY to look like if she was listeting to the music! She actually begins interpreting the program after the flip! And that mistake for Sotnikova, another :bang:, I'm really tired of her making mistakes EVERY time she skates... the last time she skated a clean SP it was almost a year ago, at the Russian Nationals (and she had a <, so the last time she skated a totally clean SP it was in the JGP! ), please, Adelina, skate a good FS!! Valentina... :cry:
And can please someone explain to me why Marchei's And Zawadzki's spins were level 1??!!

Last edited:

ILoveFigures

On the Ice

Are you serious?!? It is so obvious, not even watching it in slow-mo, that she underrotates most of her jumps. It becomes even more clear in slow-mo that her blade hits the ice before it should. If you can't see it, I suggest you buy yourself a pair of glasses. :p

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Geez! How harsh and inappropriate people can be here! Not just you, many of the writers. Americans are those who should take their american glasses away and follow the skaters more unbiased. I'm a Finn and a big fan of Kiira but it doesn't make me an unbiased Finn. I've followed this sports seriously 10-15 years and my experience is that usually skaters get what they deserve. There's always so much whining when somebody gets better score than your sweet American girls. Eg last week Mirai made a very unclean program but no no no, Mirai should have get better score. And these ******* beauty points; get over it!! If you think Kiira gets beauty points, why don't your fellow country skaters make themselves beautiful?! Forget those ridiculous pony tails, forget meaningless too-much-everything dresses (like Agnes, Alena), make yourself pretty. Every skater I've seen are pretty to my eye, nobody is ugly, it's just the way you make yourself beautiful. Kiira has always had very elegant dresses with a proper lenght of a skirt, tidy hair and a classical make-up. If you think you get points with that, why don't everybody else do the same?! Nobody whines about Alissa, she is pretty, she gets good PCS. Oops, I forgot, she is an American.

If Kiira skates a clean program what she did today (even though she planned 3T-3T and made 3T-2T, it doesn't make a program unclean), some of you would never give her good score. She is a fantastic presenter with a clean and strong technique - never "e" and very rarely < or <<. She finishes her movements properly and doesn't run from element to element like many other skaters do. She has a good choreography, not jumps after jumps like Julia L. or Gracie. Well, Gracie had very good transitions. Kiira is graceful, mature and she has difficulty in her programs. I think she could even have higher PCS but I don't whine, I trust to the judges.

About todays programs: Agnes had techically a very nice programme, and the interpretation was ok, nothing special, though. She is young, but her PCS were justified. Gracie's jumps are awesome, I really like her, she deserved her first place. Alena has never been my favourite, but she had much better SP than earlier. And luckily she didn't have that ridiculous ponytail anymore.

I wish the comments here wouldn't been so inconsiderate. Please argue and explain your opinions. An opinion without an argument is useless. That is what I try to teach also my little pupils :)

Well it is hard to judge Kiira considering a 3t - 2t is so Katarina Witt era so she should be able to skate "clean" but to skate clean with a high degree of difficulty is another thing. Most skaters can skate clean with simplified routines and focus on edges and such.

pohatta

On the Ice
This Korpi beauty debate (and all the others) should die for good because it offends everyone: the judges, the other skaters (implying that they are not beautiful) and of course Kiira herself. It's all based on an assumption. None of us knows how the judges feel about her looks. Maybe they find her so hideously repulsive that they give her pity points. To me that makes just as much sense as the other bias theories.

katymay

Medalist
This Korpi beauty debate (and all the others) should die for good because it offends everyone: the judges, the other skaters (implying that they are not beautiful) and of course Kiira herself. It's all based on an assumption. None of us knows how the judges feel about her looks. Maybe they find her so hideously repulsive that they give her pity points. To me that makes just as much sense as the other bias theories.

Oh Please. First of all, although Korpi is getting older, her beauty IS special. It isn't that there are not other pretty skaters, of course there are, but Korpi is pretty much in a class by herself. What ISN'T special is her skating. I agree with almost everyone on that point. Nor are her skating skills special, like say, Caroline with her fantastic speed and power , or say other skaters with lightness and grace.

She DOES get a beauty bump.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I get the sense Kiira is someone who is probably more appreciated in person than on TV. She does seem to have nice ice coverage and very good skating skills. And the program is quite well-choregraphed.

I do enjoy this moment where she transitions with a counter (or rocker?) into that spin, it's a nice choreographic moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9ooSW2Q4c#t=03m06s

SXTN

Final Flight
Kiira skated a beautiful program.Where does all the negativism come from?

Zawadski lost on the levels of the spins.

SXTN

Final Flight
I get the sense Kiira is someone who is probably more appreciated in person than on TV. She does seem to have nice ice coverage and very good skating skills. And the program is quite well-choregraphed.

I do enjoy this moment where she transitions with a counter (or rocker?) into that spin, it's a nice choreographic moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9ooSW2Q4c#t=03m06s

I also think that spin is gorgeous. well centered, good positions, fast and unusual.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Are you serious?!? It is so obvious, not even watching it in slow-mo, that she underrotates most of her jumps. It becomes even more clear in slow-mo that her blade hits the ice before it should. If you can't see it, I suggest you buy yourself a pair of glasses. :p

Totally incorrect. Look at the point on the ice she takes off from. From that point she always rotates this combo at least 2.25 times in the air, marking it as a completed triple. Remember - the toeloop, salchow, and loop naturally pre-rotate .5 of a turn on the takeoff and there is .25 leeway on the landing. Achieving 2.25 rotations IN THE AIR is what signifies these jumps as being rotated enough to not get a < call. The tech callers seem to be just choosing a random spot on the ice as the "1/4 turn mark", rather than actually paying attention to where a jump takes off from.

What's even more frustrating is that not only does Murakami always get the rotation, she also always gets good spring on that second 3Toe and lands cleanly. So, again, the way she has been getting scored on this combo ever since 2011 Worlds is total crap and nothing but uneducated calls by tech panels. ISU needs to teach their tech panels how to determine rotation (I've sat through ALL of the tech training seminars and it's NOT done properly) and the rules also need to clearly define the mechanics of jump rotation and exactly how it is going to be scored, so that competitors know what they need to be doing and can learn how to properly analyze their own jumps.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Oh Please. First of all, although Korpi is getting older, her beauty IS special. It isn't that there are not other pretty skaters, of course there are, but Korpi is pretty much in a class by herself.
What's getting older have to do with anything?
I agree her beauty is a special kind of beauty. Someone posted a video of Valentina Marchei and one of the Helgesson sisters standing next to Kiira and they look so unfortunate. Of course, both girls are not ugly. However, standing next to Kiira who's radiating sun ray and oozing maple syrup, all of their ugliness suddenly magnified. Like someone beat them with an ugly stick or something. Like two dung beetles perching next to a butterfly. :laugh:

What ISN'T special is her skating. I agree with almost everyone on that point. Nor are her skating skills special, like say, Caroline with her fantastic speed and power , or say other skaters with lightness and grace.
Her SS is significantly better than the rest of the girls here. Not the level of Kostner, but again, no one is at the level of Kostner. That's why she didn't get 33 PCS for the SP.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Congrats to Gold and Zawadzki for amazing SPs!

Korpi I felt was overmarked, but that's nothing new, nor is it a surprise. I guess she is Kostner 2.0 in this regard.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

I've seen her skate in person, and she's very pretty yet also rather boring to watch, she just doesn't interpret music well and perhaps she needs to get a little more daring in her choices. Actually looks pretty similar on screen as she does in person.

ForeverFish

Medalist

Who's calling it bias? Presentation is an actual part of the PCS, which--for the most part--is subjective. And who is implying that the other skaters are not beautiful? Kiira is touted as the epitome of high presentation because she's lovely, but just because she's used as the example doesn't mean that the others are being snubbed. For example, if I call on Einstein as an example of a mathematical genius, does that suggest that I think Newton and Pascal were stupid? I personally find all of the ladies beautiful (and that's not because I'm trying to be nice), but it's clear to me that some of them have a more unique beauty--Kiira, Gracie, and Elizaveta, for example.

ForeverFish

Medalist
What's getting older have to do with anything?
I agree her beauty is a special kind of beauty. Someone posted a video of Valentina Marchei and one of the Helgesson sisters standing next to Kiira and they look so unfortunate. Of course, both girls are not ugly. However, standing next to Kiira who's radiating sun ray and oozing maple syrup, all of their ugliness suddenly magnified. Like someone beat them with an ugly stick or something. Like two dung beetles perching next to a butterfly. :laugh:

Actually, I'd very much like to see Kiira and Gracie in a picture together. If they both make the podium, I will.