Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies SP

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    All Russian girls have two places at Events, third is refused.
    And only Russian girl of Top 75, who has not GP or JGP Events, is Polina Agafonova. She is not in good state, so Federation will not want to send her to GP.
    So no Russians.

Solves Japanese Federation, but of very short list of pretenders, which gives ISU (five of Top75 who have highest Season Best).
    Because of lack of time, may be place will be lost.
    NHK just invited Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim to compete in pairs...so it looks like NHK Trophy WILL fill those spots if they can.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...210#post676210

Sorry for the OT.

Banned
    We see now four Ladies who most probably will be at Final.
    Mao Asada and Akiko Suzuki have their 2nd Event in Japan without real competitors (we all understand, that even if there will be Osmond, she won't win any of them). So Final for both.
    Ashley Wagner (she is stable enough) will have high place in Paris, enough for Final.
    Julia Lipnitskaia (at China was worst her skating from beginning of past season) probably also.

Who will be two others? Tomorrow, after FS, we will have significant part of info. Korpi, Sotnikova, Murakami - who will lose chance?
    Korobeynikova, Zavadzki - it is possible in theory, but in fact not very probable that some of them will have chance to Final. We will see - will one of them have chance.
    Other five have no chance. Marchei skates not so good to have good place (first or second), other four have too low place of their first Event.
    there is Christina Gao don't know if she can repeat her SA performance or was a fluke
    Liza was 4th in SC if she wins silver at least in TEB , she could still be in GPF, though it will be tough with Julia and Ashley competing

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Don't forget Gao. She's at TEB too.
    I don't forget her.
    But situation with her will not be solved (or become simpler) tomorrow.

I mentioned only Ladies who take place in Moscow's Event.

All Russian girls have two places at Events, third is refused.
    And only Russian girl of Top 75, who has not GP or JGP Events, is Polina Agafonova. She is not in good state, so Federation will not want to send her to GP.
    So no Russians.

Solves Japanese Federation, but of very short list of pretenders, which gives ISU (five of Top75 who have highest Season Best).
    Because of lack of time, may be place will be lost.
    What I meant is that Osmond has 15 GP points, but since she won't get another GP assignment, that's one more spot in the GPF for a Russian girl

Custom Title
    I am very happy for Gracie and Kiira. I wish Adelina could have done better, that flip is a nightmare. At least she could have double it this time but not single again.
    Well, unlike AnnaTheMusician, I am not finn, I am roumanian but I am sick entire of people criticizing Kiira for being beautiful, it is a curse to be beautiful that you cant see the beauty of her skating beacuse of her natural beauty? I mean she really is good, not overscored, just check the protocols, everything is explained there.
    If Kiira is Beauty PCS than what is Alena?? She dresses ugly, I dont like the way she moves, the expression of her face, her hair looks awful most of the time and she scored the same PCS as Kiira. Than she had no axel. Kiira has 61,54 points and Alena 58,85, so where is the inflation? Kiira kas the best loop of female skaters and also gourgeus double axel for whom she always receives fair extra points.
    In Coc everybody was complaining after SP like always, Kiira is the favourite of the judges, she is overscored, Mirai is far better but after LP where she had 5 clean triples including 3T-3T and lutz with no edge compared to Mao with only 3 clean triples and no lutz and Mirai with only one triple, nobody said anything anymore about Kiira. No apreciation words, no nothing. Just winning about Mao or Mirai. So, the fact that she is not loved here, no matter what she does. Because mMo and Mirai did a lot of mistakes, Mao even won only with her PCS but she had a lot of people to love her and say she was great even with so many mistakes and she deserved to win because she was a beauty on ice. Then, Mirai with all her more than visible UR and slow skating also had people saying she was nice to watch. Well, Kiira has me and Anna and the judges too see she never flutzes, never UR, sometimes she misses some jumps but she has perfect technique jumps, perfect spins, stepsequences and great skating skills. And when something is wrong I always see it in her panel, like it was today the Lsp2.
    Anyway, besides Kiira, I am a fan of Gracie and Adelina and I wish them all the bes for tomorrow FS. I hope all of them make the podium.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    LMAO, Murakami gets another 100% BOGUS < call on her 3Toe-3Toe. This is bizarro and wrong and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    LMAO, Murakami gets another 100% BOGUS < call on her 3Toe-3Toe. This is bizarro and wrong and stupid.

However, I'm SO happy for Gracie, I was very disappointed with her SC result, I hope she'll win a medal here... Beautiful program from Kiira, with a 3-3 this could have been around 65! Leonova what a studpid mistake! She was already smiling after the flip, she wasn't focused, after the first spin I thought "There's still one jump left, is she concentrated enough?", the answer came two seconds later: no! But I have to say that I liked it, except her arms posture before the combo and the flip... It's really horrible, she should at least TRY to look like if she was listeting to the music! She actually begins interpreting the program after the flip! And that mistake for Sotnikova, another , I'm really tired of her making mistakes EVERY time she skates... the last time she skated a clean SP it was almost a year ago, at the Russian Nationals (and she had a <, so the last time she skated a totally clean SP it was in the JGP! ), please, Adelina, skate a good FS!! Valentina...
    And can please someone explain to me why Marchei's And Zawadzki's spins were level 1??!!
    Last edited by FSGMT; 11-09-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Custom Title
    Wow...back to the drawing board again for Zhang.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post

Are you serious?!? It is so obvious, not even watching it in slow-mo, that she underrotates most of her jumps. It becomes even more clear in slow-mo that her blade hits the ice before it should. If you can't see it, I suggest you buy yourself a pair of glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Wow...back to the drawing board again for Zhang.
    Chill...CZ's gonna light it up at nationals.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    Geez! How harsh and inappropriate people can be here! Not just you, many of the writers. Americans are those who should take their american glasses away and follow the skaters more unbiased. I'm a Finn and a big fan of Kiira but it doesn't make me an unbiased Finn. I've followed this sports seriously 10-15 years and my experience is that usually skaters get what they deserve. There's always so much whining when somebody gets better score than your sweet American girls. Eg last week Mirai made a very unclean program but no no no, Mirai should have get better score. And these ******* beauty points; get over it!! If you think Kiira gets beauty points, why don't your fellow country skaters make themselves beautiful?! Forget those ridiculous pony tails, forget meaningless too-much-everything dresses (like Agnes, Alena), make yourself pretty. Every skater I've seen are pretty to my eye, nobody is ugly, it's just the way you make yourself beautiful. Kiira has always had very elegant dresses with a proper lenght of a skirt, tidy hair and a classical make-up. If you think you get points with that, why don't everybody else do the same?! Nobody whines about Alissa, she is pretty, she gets good PCS. Oops, I forgot, she is an American.

If Kiira skates a clean program what she did today (even though she planned 3T-3T and made 3T-2T, it doesn't make a program unclean), some of you would never give her good score. She is a fantastic presenter with a clean and strong technique - never "e" and very rarely < or <<. She finishes her movements properly and doesn't run from element to element like many other skaters do. She has a good choreography, not jumps after jumps like Julia L. or Gracie. Well, Gracie had very good transitions. Kiira is graceful, mature and she has difficulty in her programs. I think she could even have higher PCS but I don't whine, I trust to the judges.

About todays programs: Agnes had techically a very nice programme, and the interpretation was ok, nothing special, though. She is young, but her PCS were justified. Gracie's jumps are awesome, I really like her, she deserved her first place. Alena has never been my favourite, but she had much better SP than earlier. And luckily she didn't have that ridiculous ponytail anymore.

I wish the comments here wouldn't been so inconsiderate. Please argue and explain your opinions. An opinion without an argument is useless. That is what I try to teach also my little pupils
    Well it is hard to judge Kiira considering a 3t - 2t is so Katarina Witt era so she should be able to skate "clean" but to skate clean with a high degree of difficulty is another thing. Most skaters can skate clean with simplified routines and focus on edges and such.

Custom Title
    This Korpi beauty debate (and all the others) should die for good because it offends everyone: the judges, the other skaters (implying that they are not beautiful) and of course Kiira herself. It's all based on an assumption. None of us knows how the judges feel about her looks. Maybe they find her so hideously repulsive that they give her pity points. To me that makes just as much sense as the other bias theories.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pohatta View Post
    This Korpi beauty debate (and all the others) should die for good because it offends everyone: the judges, the other skaters (implying that they are not beautiful) and of course Kiira herself. It's all based on an assumption. None of us knows how the judges feel about her looks. Maybe they find her so hideously repulsive that they give her pity points. To me that makes just as much sense as the other bias theories.
    Oh Please. First of all, although Korpi is getting older, her beauty IS special. It isn't that there are not other pretty skaters, of course there are, but Korpi is pretty much in a class by herself. What ISN'T special is her skating. I agree with almost everyone on that point. Nor are her skating skills special, like say, Caroline with her fantastic speed and power , or say other skaters with lightness and grace.

She DOES get a beauty bump.

I get the sense Kiira is someone who is probably more appreciated in person than on TV. She does seem to have nice ice coverage and very good skating skills. And the program is quite well-choregraphed.

I do enjoy this moment where she transitions with a counter (or rocker?) into that spin, it's a nice choreographic moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9ooSW2Q4c#t=03m06s

Custom Title
    Kiira skated a beautiful program.Where does all the negativism come from?

Zawadski lost on the levels of the spins.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast