Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    One judge gave Caroline Zhang a 3.75 for transitions. Ouch! What is going on with her training? She's practically stepping into her elements. Even her spins are getting slower. Her pearl hasn't come back either. Maybe her back injury is taking its toll.
    I know Caroline has had to work so hard to get her flip and lutz fixed, but it's really time for her to work on other aspects of her skating. She gives away a ton of points on PCS, and the low marks are absolutely deserved.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I know Caroline has had to work so hard to get her flip and lutz fixed, but it's really time for her to work on other aspects of her skating. She gives away a ton of points on PCS, and the low marks are absolutely deserved.
    To me it looks like she's become ambivalent about skating, period, and is just phoning it in at this point. It would not surprise me to see her retire after Nationals, for which I don't have expectations of her placing in the top 7 or 8. I doubt she will be considered for any more major internationals like 4CC, barring a miracle from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Totally incorrect. Look at the point on the ice she takes off from. From that point she always rotates this combo at least 2.25 times in the air, marking it as a completed triple. Remember - the toeloop, salchow, and loop naturally pre-rotate .5 of a turn on the takeoff and there is .25 leeway on the landing. Achieving 2.25 rotations IN THE AIR is what signifies these jumps as being rotated enough to not get a < call. The tech callers seem to be just choosing a random spot on the ice as the "1/4 turn mark", rather than actually paying attention to where a jump takes off from.

What's even more frustrating is that not only does Murakami always get the rotation, she also always gets good spring on that second 3Toe and lands cleanly. So, again, the way she has been getting scored on this combo ever since 2011 Worlds is total crap and nothing but uneducated calls by tech panels. ISU needs to teach their tech panels how to determine rotation (I've sat through ALL of the tech training seminars and it's NOT done properly) and the rules also need to clearly define the mechanics of jump rotation and exactly how it is going to be scored, so that competitors know what they need to be doing and can learn how to properly analyze their own jumps.
    Once again your logic that everyone is wrong except yourself prevails. Just because you tell yourself that your way is the correct way, does not make it so. I'm fine with being able to see what the tech panels see. All panels have been made up by different people, so maybe you need a wake up call?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12