Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies SP

Banned
    good luck to the FS I think
    Gold for sure will medal, also Korpii maybe Leonova
    Zawadzki and Murakami ( w/ her UR) depends if they don't crumble on their FS

non factors for a medal
    Helgesson, Sotnikova, Zhang, Marchei and Polina K.

Custom Title
    There are no guarantees that Gracie will medal. Lot of good skaters behind her could skate clean while Gracie could struggle as we've seen her do recently. If she does skate fairly clean though she should medal.

Custom Title
    Korpi overscored as usual. Bah. I would't count out Sotnikova to come back and get on the podium somewhere. Murakami I doubt can come back from this with those UR's that will happen in the FS as well. Leonova maybe on the podium, maybe not. Agnes more likely to get lowballed on PCS in the FS, even if she skates well. Gracie will get a medal if she skates close to clean.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    So how did Gracie skate? My stream was frozen. Of course it works now after Gracie skated.
    As at Nationals or Junior Worlds past season, i.e. very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    ARGH!!! That was such a beautiful program until she fell!
    Kanako URs jumps all times this season. It is more important than fall.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-09-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Kanako URs jumps all times this season. It is more important than fall.
    yes if Kanako gets many UR dings in FS, she will not medal

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Korpi overscored as usual.
    Judges love Kostner and Korpi. We must know it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Judges love Kostner and Korpi. We must know it.
    its called beauty PCS, I hope Julia gets this soon too, judges seem to love her

Miserere Nobis
    YES!!!!! GO GRACIE!!!! She seemed a bit nervous at the beginning, but it was great to see that smile again. I daresay had she performed her 3-3 cleaner, she'd have an even wider margin on Korpi. The free skate is yet to come, but is it possible that TWO American ladies could be on the podium? Wishing all the best to Gracie and Agnes tomorrow, though Agnes is in somewhat of a precarious spot. Leonova or Sotnikova can still hope for a medal, though from what we've seen at the past three GPs, they won't rise any more than 2 spots.

Also, I'd consider Gracie one of the PCS beauty queens. She's gorgeous

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Also, I'd consider Gracie one of the PCS beauty queens. She's gorgeous
    true, I find Gracie more stunning than Kiira

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    The scores are very close! Only 5.38 points separates 1st from 6th so this competition is far from over.

Good to see Gracie appears to have gotten over her first time jitters The downside to doing so well is she's leading heading into the FS and we all know that's a tough place to be in. Hopefully she'll maintain her focus and skate well.

Kiira seems to be overscored given her content but her PCS made up the difference. She's Kiira so that's to be expected. The judges freakin love her...

Good job for Agnes too. Glad to see her hit all of her jumps! She's right in the medal hunt but her problem has always been the FS, not the SP...

Alena seems to have bounced back somewhat. She can be a fighter so if she comes out strong in the FS she has a chance to win this thing.

Adelina just can't get it together...it's so frustrating! Again, even with the miss on the jump she's still within gold medal range if delivers in the FS. She has another 3-3 plus a 2a-3t and with the rest of her skills plus home field scoring, a strong skate from her will probably land her on the podium.

Kanako...what's going on with those damn URs? She's gotta get that under control and fast...

This one is far from over and it's still anyone's game. Gracie is untested as a leader going into the FS...more than a fair share tend to fall apart under the pressure of leading and skating last so this is a huge test for her. Kiira isn't a strong FS skater...she's been pretty weak in the FS lately. Agnes is known for imploding in the FS a bit. Alena has been known to put together a good FS every now and then but she's still struggling a bit. Adelina can make up a lot of ground in her FS if she can hit on most of her jumps. I don't know what's going on with Kanako but if she can clean up a few of those URs the strength of her program should help her move up...

I have no idea who is going to win this one...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    good luck to the FS I think
    Gold for sure will medal, also Korpii maybe Leonova
    Zawadzki and Murakami ( w/ her UR) depends if they don't crumble on their FS

non factors for a medal
    Because Adelina is going up against skaters known for skating clean long programs, such as Korpi and Zawadzki. She has a shot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    Because Adelina is going up against skaters known for skating clean long programs, such as Korpi and Zawadzki. She has a shot.
    Zawadzki might crumble but Korpi even with poor jumps in her FS , she is a BEAUTY PCS and will still score high
    Korpi is an almost sure lock for a podium with Gracie , remember Gracie at SC was a fluke for her other than that she never lost a competition other than SC

that leaves open 1 spot for a podium
    Kanako not sure with her UR, and Adelina I am 100% sure will make mistakes in FS

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    non factors for a medal
    A headcase? Yes. A non-factor? Never.

She has the content and the skills to match. It's highly unlikely Adelina will hit on everything but her program is stacked (3lz-3t, 2a-3t, level 4 spins, etc.) which means a halfway decent performance by her will get a good score and can move her onto the podium. It's even more likely that will happen especially seeing as how half of the skaters in the lead have a gigantic "?" next to how they will skate in the FS.

I'd say Adelina's chances for a medal are still very good at this point.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    The scores are very close! Only 5.38 points separates 1st from 6th so this competition is far from over.

Good to see Gracie appears to have gotten over her first time jitters The downside to doing so well is she's leading heading into the FS and we all know that's a tough place to be in. Hopefully she'll maintain her focus and skate well.

Kiira seems to be overscored given her content but her PCS made up the difference. She's Kiira so that's to be expected. The judges freakin love her...

Good job for Agnes too. Glad to see her hit all of her jumps! She's right in the medal hunt but her problem has always been the FS, not the SP...

Alena seems to have bounced back somewhat. She can be a fighter so if she comes out strong in the FS she has a chance to win this thing.

Adelina just can't get it together...it's so frustrating! Again, even with the miss on the jump she's still within gold medal range if delivers in the FS. She has another 3-3 plus a 2a-3t and with the rest of her skills plus home field scoring, a strong skate from her will probably land her on the podium.

Kanako...what's going on with those damn URs? She's gotta get that under control and fast...

This one is far from over and it's still anyone's game. Gracie is untested as a leader going into the FS...more than a fair share tend to fall apart under the pressure of leading and skating last so this is a huge test for her. Kiira isn't a strong FS skater...she's been pretty weak in the FS lately. Agnes is known for imploding in the FS a bit. Alena has been known to put together a good FS every now and then but she's still struggling a bit. Adelina can make up a lot of ground in her FS if she can hit on most of her jumps. I don't know what's going on with Kanako but if she can clean up a few of those URs the strength of her program should help her move up...

I have no idea who is going to win this one...
    Gracie and MAYBE Kiira have very strong shots at the podium. Remember at SC only about 6 points separated 1st and 9th, and the leaders after the short still held onto their spots. If I remember correctly (I can't fact check this at the moment) , only Suzuki was able to move onto the podium from behind. And she is exceptional.

Custom Title
    Seeing skating and scores, I believe - any of top five may pretend to medal and to 1st place. Lower five haven't chance to medal (or this chance is very low, maybe except Korobeynikova, who at Euro past season and at Cup of Nice this season skated FS much better than SP).

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast