Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    How are we "painting ourselves into a corner" by pointing out the obvious? Korpi is overmarked on PCS for the level of skating that she does, compared to other skaters at the same competitions who don't get the same freebie bonus. We HAVE bothered to find out why she keeps getting those marks, and it's definitely the beauty and blondness. In other words, not what's happening with the blades on the ice but instead at the far other end of the skater. Let me guess....you are an unbiased Finn.
    Geez! How harsh and inappropriate people can be here! Not just you, many of the writers. Americans are those who should take their american glasses away and follow the skaters more unbiased. I'm a Finn and a big fan of Kiira but it doesn't make me an unbiased Finn. I've followed this sports seriously 10-15 years and my experience is that usually skaters get what they deserve. There's always so much whining when somebody gets better score than your sweet American girls. Eg last week Mirai made a very unclean program but no no no, Mirai should have get better score. And these ******* beauty points; get over it!! If you think Kiira gets beauty points, why don't your fellow country skaters make themselves beautiful?! Forget those ridiculous pony tails, forget meaningless too-much-everything dresses (like Agnes, Alena), make yourself pretty. Every skater I've seen are pretty to my eye, nobody is ugly, it's just the way you make yourself beautiful. Kiira has always had very elegant dresses with a proper lenght of a skirt, tidy hair and a classical make-up. If you think you get points with that, why don't everybody else do the same?! Nobody whines about Alissa, she is pretty, she gets good PCS. Oops, I forgot, she is an American.

If Kiira skates a clean program what she did today (even though she planned 3T-3T and made 3T-2T, it doesn't make a program unclean), some of you would never give her good score. She is a fantastic presenter with a clean and strong technique - never "e" and very rarely < or <<. She finishes her movements properly and doesn't run from element to element like many other skaters do. She has a good choreography, not jumps after jumps like Julia L. or Gracie. Well, Gracie had very good transitions. Kiira is graceful, mature and she has difficulty in her programs. I think she could even have higher PCS but I don't whine, I trust to the judges.

About todays programs: Agnes had techically a very nice programme, and the interpretation was ok, nothing special, though. She is young, but her PCS were justified. Gracie's jumps are awesome, I really like her, she deserved her first place. Alena has never been my favourite, but she had much better SP than earlier. And luckily she didn't have that ridiculous ponytail anymore.

I wish the comments here wouldn't been so inconsiderate. Please argue and explain your opinions. An opinion without an argument is useless. That is what I try to teach also my little pupils
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 11-09-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Please remember the boards are to be family friendly. Language needs to be appropriate for all languages.

Custom Title
    LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 62.16 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 61.55 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 60.18 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 58.85 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 57.11 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    6. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 56.78 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    7. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 54.10 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    8. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 51.45 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 46.25 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 46.15 Short Program, 2nd Copy

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Here's the protocol
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Girl, you need to watch it again. While there are several kind of speed, I'm very sure agnes and the speed you're referring to have never met.
    Great spins? She just got a level 1. CCoSp1
    She appeared to be moving with a lot of flow and speed to me...she definitely wasn't slow.

I thought her spins were fast and centered...apparently the technical panel didn't. Maybe that's why she didn't score higher?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    She appeared to be moving with a lot of flow and speed to me...she definitely wasn't slow.

I thought her spins were fast and centered...apparently the technical panel didn't. Maybe that's why she didn't score higher?
    You usually lose levels for a lack of revolutions or certain positions, not for a lack of speed/center. The judges thought she did fine with the spin giving her 0.50 +GOE.

Also Grace RE: edge call on 3F-3T (sorry just thought I note this). Most of the judges gave her 0 or -1 (one gave -2), so that tells me that 1.) the other qualities of the combo made up for the -3 she might have gotten for a severe call or 2.) It is actually more of a (!) call, i.e. not severe, basically borderline. In that case judges are asked to take off -1 or -2. And it's possible that the height and flow of the jump may have eradicated that deduction as well.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I think that's how it should be. A lot of the time you'll see a seemingly perfectly executed jump receiving -2s and -3s b/c of an edge call. If the jump has a difficult entrance, good height and distance, speed, good landing and riding edge, it really confuses people to see those kind of GOEs when the scores come up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pohatta View Post
    I agree, but in the current judging system there are no deductions for being predictable and same-old. Just like there's no beauty bonus.
    Then you should re-read the judging system well. There is Presentation and Interpretation score and being boring is surely a part of it. And it should be the negative part.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    If Kiira skates a clean program what she did today (even though she planned 3T-3T and made 3T-2T, it doesn't make a program unclean)
    Yes. IMO, she deserves her PCS and almost all her GOE, maybe StSq is a bit overscored.
    Her LSp2, maybe, was not so good, but she has only 2nd level and very low PCS for it, so this element is not overscored.

Gracie's jumps are awesome, I really like her, she deserved her first place.
    Yes, she deserves first place, but only for very high technical level. Her PCS are not high and she does not deserve higher for this skating.

Alena has never been my favourite, but she had much better SP than earlier.
    Today Alena jumped well. At past her GP Event her jumps were poor.
    And at all she skated much better.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Custom Title
    I was wrong about Gracie, saying that she is another headcase.She is GREAT!So happy for, finally, STRONG skater!))Hope she will be 1st=)))
    Adelina....I'm losing my faith i her(

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    I was wrong about Gracie, saying that she is another headcase.She is GREAT!So happy for, finally, STRONG skater!))Hope she will be 1st=)))
    Adelina....I'm losing my faith i her(
    Gracie SC was just a fluke imo
    I think the only Russian Girl to go to GPF this season is Julia

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie SC was just a fluke imo
    I think the only Russian Girl to go to GPF this season is Julia
    It's not bad)I'll be happy if she goes to gpf...I still can't believe how Russian weakest field(ladies) has become one of the strongest potentially..There's never been so many talented girls I think I started wanting impossible for this very moment, wanting all of our girls to make a big splash in world's skating instantly. Now I finally get that they are just a bunch of young girls. It's not their time yet to be on top. If they ever be, I'll be ecstatic)

It's not bad)I'll be happy if she goes to gpf...I still can't believe how Russian weakest field(ladies) has become one of the strongest potentially..There's never been so many talented girls I think I started wanting impossible for this very moment, wanting all of our girls to make a big splash in world's skating instantly. Now I finally get that they are just a bunch of young girls. It's not their time yet to be on top. If they ever be, I'll be ecstatic)
    Well Osmond probably won't get a second GP, so there's one more spot open for a Russian girl (maybe Adelina or Liza)

Custom Title
    I thought the country can't replace the skater?Isn't it Japan or ISU to decide whom to send?

Custom Title
    We see now four Ladies who most probably will be at Final.
    Mao Asada and Akiko Suzuki have their 2nd Event in Japan without real competitors (we all understand, that even if there will be Osmond, she won't win any of them). So Final for both.
    Ashley Wagner (she is stable enough) will have high place in Paris, enough for Final.
    Julia Lipnitskaia (at China was worst her skating from beginning of past season) probably also.

Who will be two others? Tomorrow, after FS, we will have significant part of info. Korpi, Sotnikova, Murakami - who will lose chance?
    Korobeynikova, Zavadzki - it is possible in theory, but in fact not very probable that some of them will have chance to Final. We will see - will one of them have chance.
    Other five have no chance. Marchei skates not so good to have good place (first or second), other four have too low place of their first Event.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    We see now four Ladies who most probably will be at Final.
    Mao Asada and Akiko Suzuki have their 2nd Event in Japan without real competitors (we all understand, that even if there will be Osmond, she won't win any of them). So Final for both.
    Ashley Wagner (she is stable enough) will have high place in Paris, enough for Final.
    Julia Lipnitskaia (at China was worst her skating from beginning of past season) probably also.

Who will be two others? Tomorrow, after FS, we will have significant part of info. Korpi, Sotnikova, Murakami - who will lose chance?
    Korobeynikova, Zavadzki - it is possible in theory, but in fact not very probable that some of them will have chance to Final. We will see - will one of them have chance.
    Other five have no chance. Marchei skates not so good to have good place (first or second), other four have too low place of their first Event.
    Don't forget Gao. She's at TEB too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Well Osmond probably won't get a second GP, so there's one more spot open for a Russian girl (maybe Adelina or Liza)
    All Russian girls have two places at Events, third is refused.
    And only Russian girl of Top 75, who has not GP or JGP Events, is Polina Agafonova. She is not in good state, so Federation will not want to send her to GP.
    So no Russians.

I thought the country can't replace the skater?Isn't it Japan or ISU to decide whom to send?
    Solves Japanese Federation, but of very short list of pretenders, which gives ISU (five of Top75 who have highest Season Best).
    Because of lack of time, may be place will be lost.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast