Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ashley Wagner receives Nike sponsorship

Custom Title
    In endorsements there are different levels. Who knows what Ashley is but I can guarantee you it is not the level of Tiger woods, Lance Armstrong and Charles Barkley in their hey days or before their falls from grace etc. Deserved - perhaps But so does a lot of other skaters ie Davis and White. I think Alissa got some commercials but it helps that Ashley is pretty, looks solid now (we hope or think) and that Nike would know ladies figure skating at the olympics rivals or is no. 2 perhaps to men's hockey.

Custom Title
    This is great news! Good for Ashley.

I hope some smart sponsor finds Meryl and Charlie. They're glamorous, they're successful, and it seems that ice dance rankings are a bit more stable (knocking on wood here) than singles or pairs (especially U.S. pairs), so backing Meryl and Charlie wouldn't be such a long shot. They at least stand a chance of getting on the World and Olympic podiums, which isn't something you can assume for any other American individual or team skater right now, alas.

Custom Title
    Ooo exciting news. Nice to see big commercial interest finally back up a US leading lady. Hopefully it will raise the profile of the sport in N. America more during the 2 years leading up to Sochi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2