Ashley Wagner receives Nike sponsorship | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner receives Nike sponsorship

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010
It's official...I'm a Nike girl!! Thanks @Nike for this incredible opportunity! #nikewomen #nikefuel #dreamcometrue
10:35 AM - 8 Nov 12​

David Baden ‏@DavidBaden
It's Official US Champion @AshWagner2010 is a Nike Athlete! Thx @Nike for your support! @usfigureskating @icenetwork #nikefuel #nikewomen
10:11 AM - 8 Nov 12​

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner ‏@AshWagner2010
It's official...I'm a Nike girl!! Thanks @Nike for this incredible opportunity! #nikewomen #nikefuel #dreamcometrue
10:35 AM - 8 Nov 12​

David Baden ‏@DavidBaden
It's Official US Champion @AshWagner2010 is a Nike Athlete! Thx @Nike for your support! @usfigureskating @icenetwork #nikefuel #nikewomen
10:11 AM - 8 Nov 12​

What great news! That is a key endorsement to get. Good for Ashley!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
good for A$hley
and its great for her solidfying as US No. 1 pre Olympics season

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is good news for skating and Ashley. It shows Nike has some faith and confidence in skating - though I don't think the deal is like it is for a summer Olympian or pro basketball player.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
That. is. MAJOR. I can't recall the last time a big company like that has offered sponsorship to a US lady. Michelle was the Kween of big name endorsements (Disney, Coca-Cola, VISA, etc.) so to see Ashley get a Nike deal is amazing! It's not even an Olympic year and she's already pulling down deals! Awesome!

Congrats to Ashley and she deserves it!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That. is. MAJOR. I can't recall the last time a big company like that has offered sponsorship to a US lady. Michelle was the Kween of big name endorsements (Disney, Coca-Cola, VISA, etc.) so to see Ashley get a Nike deal is amazing! It's not even an Olympic year and she's already pulling down deals! Awesome!

Congrats to Ashley and she deserves it!

Coke backed several of team USA in time for 2010 Olys... problem was they backed a pairs team that was tanking and didn't even make it to 2010... so that doesn't help get sponsors to continue working with TEAM USA skaters.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Good for her! This is a big accomplishment! I'm so happy for her :) It's too bad more American skaters can't get more sponsors...do Meryl and Charlie have any? I can't remember.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Way to go, Ashley! :love:

Butterscotch, I would :love: to see more US skaters get sponsors, too!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
David Baden ‏@DavidBaden
Tune In: USChamp @Nike Athlete @AshWagner2010 will skate @todayshow Wed Nov 21 Come 2 rink 8:3O Cheer her on @icenetwork @USFigureSkating
1:42 PM - 8 Nov 12

Davis/White recently had their turn skating on the Today show -- and like Wagner, they have started blogging for a prominent site.
Easier said than done, but now if only a major sponsor were in their future too ...

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
In endorsements there are different levels. Who knows what Ashley is but I can guarantee you it is not the level of Tiger woods, Lance Armstrong and Charles Barkley in their hey days or before their falls from grace etc. Deserved - perhaps :) But so does a lot of other skaters ie Davis and White. I think Alissa got some commercials but it helps that Ashley is pretty, looks solid now (we hope or think) and that Nike would know ladies figure skating at the olympics rivals or is no. 2 perhaps to men's hockey.

This is great news! Good for Ashley.

I hope some smart sponsor finds Meryl and Charlie. They're glamorous, they're successful, and it seems that ice dance rankings are a bit more stable (knocking on wood here) than singles or pairs (especially U.S. pairs), so backing Meryl and Charlie wouldn't be such a long shot. They at least stand a chance of getting on the World and Olympic podiums, which isn't something you can assume for any other American individual or team skater right now, alas.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ooo exciting news. Nice to see big commercial interest finally back up a US leading lady. Hopefully it will raise the profile of the sport in N. America more during the 2 years leading up to Sochi.