Thread: Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim gets NHK Trophy invite

skating philosopher

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim gets NHK Trophy invite

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...641&type=media

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim have been invited to compete at 2012 NHK Trophy, Nov. 23-25, in Miyagi, Japan. They were invited after Caitlin Yankowskas & Joshua Reagan withdrew to injury.

Scimeca and Knierim announced their partnership in April and made their competitive debut in October when they won the 2012 Cup of Nice title. They are set to compete this weekend at the 2013 Midwestern Sectional Championships in Strongsville, Ohio.
    Tweet from Scimeca:

Thank you @USFigureSkating for this opportunity. It's a dream come true!!! @ChrisKnierim
    This is really exciting news! I've been really impressed with these two this season and this could be their chance to make their mark!

Feel free to move this, not sure where it could go...

Custom Title
    Great news for Scimeca & Knierim . . . but I'm so disappointed Yankowskas & Reagan had to withdraw. I was really looking forward to seeing Caitlin in competition again. :-( Is the withdrawal due to Josh's rib injury?

Interesting that they thanked U.S. Figure Skating for this opportunity, rather than the Japanese federation. So I guess the national federation of the skaters does have input about replacements.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Interesting that they thanked U.S. Figure Skating for this opportunity, rather than the Japanese federation. So I guess the national federation of the skaters does have input about replacements.
    I was thinking along similar lines...

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I'm thinking it's more along the lines of U.S. Figure Skating putting their names in the ring for that spot as opposed to them having extra influence over the Japanese fed to invite them.

Custom Title
    I thought they got the spot by default. IIRC, the regular substitutes list was exhausted due to attrition, injury, breakups, etc...and S/K were added to it recently as champions of a Senior B event. I guess that if USFS hadn't been willing to offer them up, then it wouldn't have happened, so yeah, it makes sense they would thank them.