Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 258

Thread: 2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

  1. #136
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,382
    Okay I just looked it up.
    The last time 2 US ladies were on multiple GP podiums was in 2007-2008, when Caroline Zhang and Kimmie Meissner finished 3rd and 1st, respectively, at Skate America and when Ashley Wagner and Kimmie Meissner finished 3rd and 2nd respectively at Trophee Eric Bompard.

  2. #137
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

    1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19
    2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03
    3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlHjh8nXYE"]Free Skate[/URL]
    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlobsY2CENw"]Free Skate[/URL]
    6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eurG8eEzzYI"]Free Skate[/URL]
    7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaRAJvieDrA"]Free Skate[/URL]
    8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCytB7Y2W0"]Free Skate[/URL]
    9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfexbcP-Zg"]Free Skate[/URL]
    10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsNCEee_Y"]Free Skate[/URL]
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.

  3. #138
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    I've never felt hate for a figure skater, no matter what happened. I love figure skating and I respect figure skaters and I am shocked by what some of you wrote here. And I can't hate because I belive in God and I know that if i wish somebody bad all that bad will happen to me instead. This was a beautiful day for Kiira and she almost did it. She had lutz, flip (I undestand she got an edge call), 3-3 and she had mistakes with her favourite jump, the loop. But I know now that is not about the jumps, it's not about the looks, it's about your envy towards her. You can't stand such a beautiful and talented girl. It is just too much for you. If you don't have it why should she? I wonder if she skates clean dressed like hell and with a hideous make up, will you love her? Please, for God sake, stop being ridiculos.
    Congrats Kiira, Gracie and Agnes! I am very happy for both Kiira and Gracie, If Gracie had one mistake minus she would have won and I would have alo been happy. I am not just a Kiira fan, I am a fan of all those who have a good skating and good presentation on ice. I am very sad for Adelina but i don't think that anyone should judge her but herself. If you love Adelina, you love her how ever she skates and she needs her fans more when she has bad skates, not only when she skates clean cause then everybody loves her. The same with Gracie, after SA, so many wrote her off, If you like her than have patience, be there for her not only when she medals. You think you are perfect, you never screw it up? I thought this is a fan forum
    but it's not.
    Is Kiira beautiful? Of course. Is she talented? Undoubtedly. Am I/the other posters ENVIOUS of her for being as such? No--I'm happy enough with where I am right now and, like you, have tremendous respect for the perseverance and grace of these skaters.

    This is yet another case of someone who doesn't know how the scoring system works assuming that we're intentionally wronging the skaters. Presentation is a part of the PCS--how you present the program; if you look nice. So, no, I wouldn't want to see Kiira in sloppy clothes and disgusting makeup because it would cause her to be underscored. You misunderstand that we are somehow out to destroy Kiira because she's
    often touted as the example of Presentation scoring, but that doesn't mean that every other skater is being snubbed. Each one has been, at some point, helped by the Presentation.

    What an odd opinion on Adelina. It's not a matter of like or dislike, and even when it is, it's not HER personally. Some just aren't too keen on her style/interpretation. What it IS a matter of is that she has failed to skate a clean long program in 18 months, and that's really worrying for those (read: most) of us who believe she has the potential to go far. What we're saying is that she needs to get her stuff together, so to speak, and fix whatever is plaguing her--probably nerves or technique--before it gets her at a bigger event, like Russian Nationals or Worlds. But our comments on her inconsistency are far from unfounded, and going the route of "if you're a fan, you'll always support her" is irrelevant here and useless, besides.

    I haven't been on this board very long, but I like what I've seen. Sure, you have the occasional malicious comments that are disappointing and upsetting, but the vast majority of posters are skating enthusiasts who enjoy coming here to discuss and debate about programs and skaters. Very, very few of us will spend our precious time maligning skaters and giggling to ourselves when there are so many other (and more worthwhile) topics of discussion. The fact that you think so shows that A) You haven't seen much of the forum, B) are vastly exaggerating the number of negative posts here, and C) are trying to be the "moral authority" in a place where civility is already assumed from the posters.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 11-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.

  4. #139
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,382
    To jump off ForeverFish's comment -- I agree GS is quite a great forum. I've gotten to talk and meet with a lot of great skating fans (and even met them in real life!) though this forum. Believe it or not, there are naster skating forums -- I won't name names -- out there.

    I do think that people over-react or jump to conclusions quickly, but I don't see that as malicious, just what usually happens when you comment on things in real-time (or close to it).

    The GS moderators work VERY hard ot make sure this remains a forum for civil discussion. So shout out to you guys!

  5. #140
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    As if you can know how people here look and what talents/achivements in their life they have. Pardon, sweetheart, but now you are the one full of hatred towards online strangers: "You're ugly talantless sinners who will burn in hell!"

    I don't see any hate of Kiira here. Some people think that sometimes she gets overscored in PCS. So? It doesn't make them be sinners or haters. What I see is the attemp of Kiira die-hard fans to shut up those with critics by putting the labels on them, such as "haters", or "sinners", or "not beautiful", or "not talented", or... . Yawn.
    I didn't say "hate" but hate, because this is the exact word used by some people aorund here. I didn't assume they hate her, they wrote that. And I don't like arguing, so I didn't quote. If you don't see, than it means you haven't read the posts. So, you better read before you speak/write. My retoric question and my assumed answear were trying to undestand why hate a beautiful and talented skater. I never said those words you wrote, so please don't quote me for something I never said and never thought. And don't call me ironicaly "sweetheart", it doens't help your writing at all or intimidate me. I am not that age anymore. And maybe you should change your name because you clearly dont't know how to talk, especially on a public forum.

  6. #141
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Is Kiira beautiful? Of course. Is she talented? Undoubtedly. Am I/the other posters ENVIOUS of her for being as such? No--I'm happy enough with where I am right now and, like you, have tremendous respect for the perseverance and grace of these skaters.

    This is yet another case of someone who doesn't know how the scoring system works assuming that we're intentionally wronging the skaters. Presentation is a part of the PCS--how you present the program; if you look nice. So, no, I wouldn't want to see Kiira in sloppy clothes and disgusting makeup because it would cause her to be underscored. You misunderstand that we are somehow out to destroy Kiira because she's
    often touted as the example of Presentation scoring, but that doesn't mean that every other skater is being snubbed. Each one has been, at some point, helped by the Presentation.

    What an odd opinion on Adelina. It's not a matter of like or dislike, and even when it is, it's not HER personally. Some just aren't too keen on her style/interpretation. What it IS a matter of is that she has failed to skate a clean long program in 18 months, and that's really worrying for those (read: most) of us who believe she has the potential to go far. What we're saying is that she needs to get her stuff together, so to speak, and fix whatever is plaguing her--probably nerves or technique--before it gets her at a bigger event, like Russian Nationals or Worlds. But our comments on her inconsistency are far from unfounded, and going the route of "if you're a fan, you'll always support her" is irrelevant here and useless, besides.

    I haven't been on this board very long, but I like what I've seen. Sure, you have the occasional malicious comments that are disappointing and upsetting, but the vast majority of posters are skating enthusiasts who enjoy coming here to discuss and debate about programs and skaters. Very, very few of us will spend our precious time maligning skaters and giggling to ourselves when there are so many other (and more worthwhile) topics of discussion. The fact that you think so shows that A) You haven't seen much of the forum, B) are vastly exaggerating the number of negative posts here, and C) are trying to be the "moral authority" in a place where civility is already assumed from the posters.
    Well, it seems that we are reading different stuff around here. Do you really want me to quote the word HATE? I am not blind. I read a lot of posts from people who don't like her. that's ok, everyone with his taste, I also have skaters that I don't like very much ( I can' t even say I don't like them at all, but to hate them??) but I prefer writing about those that I like.

    "Very, very few of us will spend our precious time maligning skaters and giggling to ourselves when there are so many other (and more worthwhile) topics of discussion". Are you sure about that? I read more negative comments than positive.

  7. #142
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Wow, I just got to the results. Korpi won? Wow. And two American ladies on the podium--yippeeeee!

  8. #143
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    Are you sure about that? I read more negative comments than positive.
    I say most of the posters had valid questions about the scoring. Very few went the beauty bonus/hate route, as you say. And there has been several (FlattFan, notably) that have defended Kiira's score as well, so I do think a variety of views are represented here.

    You can always ignore posters! That's what I do.

  9. #144
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by IleK View Post
    Well, it seems that we are reading different stuff around here. Do you really want me to quote the word HATE? I am not blind. I read a lot of posts from people who don't like her. that's ok, everyone with his taste, I also have skaters that I don't like very much ( I can' t even say I don't like them at all, but to hate them??) but I prefer writing about those that I like.

    "Very, very few of us will spend our precious time maligning skaters and giggling to ourselves when there are so many other (and more worthwhile) topics of discussion". Are you sure about that? I read more negative comments than positive.
    I do want you to find comments that have expressed "hate" for the skaters, actually, because my eyes must have glossed right over them. I've seen plenty of "I hate that she/he was overscored here," but that is entirely different from malice.

    Are we looking in the same places? You might have instances of the same poster making multiple negative comments, but to say that the majority of comments here are negative is like saying that there's more land than water on the surface of the planet.

  10. #145
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Just as a side note... while Kiira is pretty, I don't get why everyones so much into her looks.
    If anyone, I think Gracie should be getting the beauty PCS... she's so, so stunning!!
    Gracie and Kira are both very pretty. This will be the pretty podium. I haven't seen the skates yet, but looking at the protocols, I think the judging was fair. Kiira completed more triples than Gracie and, from what I've seen in the past, Kiira's artistry etc. are better than Gracie's. But I am very excited about Gracie's future prospects.
    Last edited by jenaj; 11-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.

  11. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    I'm not sure anybody has trouble with Kiira's marking for the FS, it seems fair. But the SP was a different story.

    And no, many of us are not envious of Kiira's beauty, makeup or whatever we're supposed to be envious of. That's just a stupid comment. I'm old enough and then some to be her mother, for Christ's sake. And most of us are bright enough to understand that Kiira herself is not responsible for the actions of the tech panel, judges, or any other officials. It is not "hate" towards her but dismay towards the officials.

    We just don't want to see BS judging or reputational judging or beauty judging. We want to see judging and scores that fairly reflect what was placed on the ice in that competition, and consistency among calls amongst all the competition's skaters. Kiira Korpi is just one of the more notorious examples, for a number of years, for getting a lot of breaks going her way that she often doesn't deserve.
    Or maybe you just don't like her style of skating? I would like you to give some proof of her getting a lot of breaks going her way that she often doesn't deserve, otherwise it is just a baseless assumption on your part, and it shows that you are not looking at skaters in an objective way. Also, if you have trouble with the scores of her SP, then bring some proof as to why you think her scores were unfair, otherwise you once again fail to reflect her scores in an objective way.

  12. #147
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

    1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_M0IMZ_8U"]Free Skate[/URL]
    2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n41dfUBvLyI"]Free Skate[/URL]
    3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlHjh8nXYE"]Free Skate[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPou4PDyhc"]2nd Copy[/URL]
    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlobsY2CENw"]Free Skate[/URL]
    6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eurG8eEzzYI"]Free Skate[/URL]
    7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaRAJvieDrA"]Free Skate[/URL]
    8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCytB7Y2W0"]Free Skate[/URL]
    9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfexbcP-Zg"]Free Skate[/URL]
    10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsNCEee_Y"]Free Skate[/URL]

  13. #148
    Custom Title Cherryy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    258
    I hope Caroline will be able to do better at nationals. Her speed is so poor it actually breaks my heart . I still believe she can place as high as third at nationals because her last season started even worse. But it makes me so sad that she always takes a step back with the beginning of each new season. It's the PCS that is much worse than the other's. Her TES was higher than Adelina's.

    And when it comes to Sotnikova - I really don't know what's going on. Some say it's puberty and physical changes that had affected her, some reckon psychological problems as the reason for her poor performances. Whatever it is - I just hope she'll soon be fine with it. I also noticed a slight leg-wrap - maybe that's the reason? And she connects with the audience extremely well - glad to see this.

    Glad that Polina did so well but I don't get her PCS score, only Caroline got less in this section. Great performance from Korobeynikova, maybe except for the costume.

    I looooove Gracie, she's the one that should get beauty PCS instead of Kiira . Now seriously - her costume is beautiful, the performance was also good. I'm just so happy for her.

  14. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    187
    RE Mr. P: You are right. This what I did lately but :" hahahahah i love to hate of Kiira " really got on my nerves. I read a lot of negative things since this season began and I did what you said. Ignore. And this time I said that if I am a true fan I should defend her because she doesntt have too many to do so. And I am not the first one who said I don't understand this hate thing. So, there are enough written words to create this impression. Maybe because I didn't want to pick on someone for writing that I offended others who just don't like her but that's not a sin. Now I began to understand how hard must have been for Carolina's fans. I used to read a lot of things like this about her in the last years. Now I guess is Kiira's turn. I consider myself lucky that I am able to like so many skaters, it is a pleasure to watch and I always have at least one reason to be happy for how the podium ended. Today, I have 2 reasons. Or maybe 3, Agnes had 2 good programs for the first time since I first watched her.

  15. #150
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,719
    LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

    1. Kiira KORPI (FIN) - 177.19 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_M0IMZ_8U"]Free Skate[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o0uf_szVzE"]2nd Copy[/URL]
    2. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 175.03 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n41dfUBvLyI"]Free Skate[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w9_z1hn9yY"]2nd Copy[/URL]
    3. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 166.61 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO0KVINQi1g"]Free Skate[/URL]
    4. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 166.34 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlHjh8nXYE"]Free Skate[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXPou4PDyhc"]2nd Copy[/URL]
    5. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 157.98 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlobsY2CENw"]Free Skate[/URL]
    6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 157.27 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eurG8eEzzYI"]Free Skate[/URL]
    7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 153.32 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaRAJvieDrA"]Free Skate[/URL]
    8. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 151.48 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCytB7Y2W0"]Free Skate[/URL]
    9. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) - 148.67 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfexbcP-Zg"]Free Skate[/URL]
    10. Caroline ZHANG (USA) - 138.21 [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vSsNCEee_Y"]Free Skate[/URL]
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-10-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •