2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

Irishflip

On the Ice
I do agree with Korpi winning the long but surely she should have been further behind enough for it to still have Gracie in first overall?

Mao88

Record Breaker
OMG - Korpi won! Overmarked, but did enough to win. Too many mistakes from Gracie, but a huge improvement on Skate Canada for her

Murakami deserved third

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't get the Kiira hate. She won both on TES and PCS. Landed 5 clean triples, including 3Lz and 3Flip. Gracie had mistakes as well, doubled 2 jumpsm it's not like she skated clean

gmyers

Record Breaker
Sotnikova now has lost to Wagner. Gao, gold and zawadzki. Wow. I am very interested in finding out what is wrong with her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh a few things to celebrate:

2 USA ladies on the podium. When was the last season we had multiple US women on one podium in multiple competitions?
New overall PB for Gracie (thanks go her strong SP; her JW PB stands for now)
New overall PB for Agnes as well! (her PB from 2011 JW also stands).

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Too bad about Gold(( I was rooting for her to win after Adelina's collapse=( But nethertheless, it was a great debut for her - 2nd place finish:)
PS - I'll be mad if they send Adelina to Sochi >< She chokes a lot..

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Now we can picture the possible GPF entries

1 Ashley
2 Mao
3 Kira
4 Akiko
5 Julia - she just needs a bronze

so that leaves 1 spot open

Gao, Liza and Agnes - ( if any of then ca get a silver on their next GP ) they get the last spot

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
OMG - Korpi won! Overmarked, but did enough to win. Too many mistakes from Gracie, but a huge improvement on Skate Canada for her

Murakami deserved third

I think everybody, except Agnes and Kanako, was overmarked somehow...Adelina, Alena, Kiira, Gracie...

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Gracie's going to smack herself--if she had completed either that 3Lo or not converted that second 3Z to a double, the gold medal would have been hers.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals are up. http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2012/gprus2012_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Kiira got an edge call for the 3F, which makes sense given so many people here thought it was a 3Z. The 3Lo, not surprisingly was UR
Gracie got edge calls on the 3F again, again I think it's the border line variety as most opted to only take -1 or -2. Neither 3F was strong as the one she had in the SP, so the lower GOE is right. She got -GOE on the botched loop. But otherwise postiive GOE, including a nice +1.40 for her 3Z-3T!
Kanako actually only got one UR, on the 3Lo. She got an edge call on the lutz (not surprising) but the 3T she did at the end of the program was invalid-- not sure why, to be honest.
Agnes got UR on 3T in her combo and on the 3S and an edge call on the 3F.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Oh a few things to celebrate:

2 USA ladies on the podium. When was the last season we had multiple US women on one podium in multiple competitions?
New overall PB for Gracie (thanks go her strong SP; her JW PB stands for now)
New overall PB for Agnes as well! (her PB from 2011 JW also stands).

definitely huge boost, multiple podiums in SA and CoR, I think its safe to say USA will get 3 spots for the Olympics

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I believe it's because it was her last jump pass and it is mandatory to have at least one 2A in the program and she didn't had one.

Goodness you're right. How did she make this mistake? She must have started adlibbing something. But she only had one < and no << along with the flutz e.