2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla
A fuego lento by Astor Piazzolla
Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla

Black dress w/sparkle. Red ruffles cascading down her left side down to underskirt.

3Lz - obvious "e", perhaps UR
3Lo
3F
StSq
LSp
3Lo+2Lo
3F - UR, no combo
3S+2Lo+2Lo - perhaps UR
3T
FSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

Very solid program, not sure how many UR's she will get.

Last edited:

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
The Russian feed I'm watching is a being a bit choppy, but they showed both the flip and one of the triple loops in slow-motion and they both looked UR'd to me.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Kanako's expressiveness is slightly better, would be even better with gloves if not that accident at J-regional that made her refuse to use them. But her old problem with edges and UR are all still there, and no changes for good. The entrance in all jumps looks horrible imo.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think unfortunately Kanako now has the reputation of a serial UR'er (and flutzer), so the tech panels are always watching her skates with the assumption that's what she's going to do. No benefits of doubt and have to assume the panel is automatically going to fire up the replay and look at closely. Puts the burden on her to be super squeaky clean and she's not there yet. I've always noticed her problematic technique/entries on the toe jumps.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Sotnikova doesn't look on. Two falls so far.
ETA: Three falls. And i've decided I don't care for this music for her, I think she's a little too young to pull it off.

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Bye-bye GPF in Sochi for Adelya. What a shame, such a talented healthy athlete and her coach team can't make it right.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS)

Music: At Last Blues
Burlesque (soundtrack)

Blue dress w/long sleeves. Frinkge skirt. Deep v-neck.

3Lz - fall
3F+2T+2Lo
3S+2T
FCSp
2A - holds on
3F - fall
3Lo - fall again
3S
LSp
StSq
CCoSp
ChSq

A bit of a mess. Three falls... I've never seen her screw up this bad as a senior.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Here we go again - another Sotnikova calamity. She looked terrified before she even started. She will never be able to handle it at the top level.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Woah, this might be... the worst I've seen Adelina skate in a really long time. First time she's not going to be on a podium :cry: