2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2012 Cup of Russia Ladies' FS

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I don't see any hate of Kiira here. Some people think that sometimes she gets overscored in PCS. So? It doesn't make them be sinners or haters. What I see is the attemp of Kiira die-hard fans to shut up those with critics by putting the labels on them, such as "haters", or "sinners", or "not beautiful", or "not talented", or... . Yawn.
I do want you to find comments that have expressed "hate" for the skaters, actually, because my eyes must have glossed right over them. I've seen plenty of "I hate that she/he was overscored here," but that is entirely different from malice.

To let`s talk and ForeverFish, I believe this is the quote IleK was talking about earlier when she ranted about posters hating on Kiira.

GRACIE GOT ROBBED
MIRAI GOT ROBBED

EVERYONE GOT ROBBED BY her

hahahahah i love to hate of Kiira

Just thought I should let you two know. Regardless of whether or not this is "trolling", it was still said.

(Whether it's debatable to say that "love to hate" = hate, I'll leave that up to you.)

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a charming post. You do realize that the cold war is over, right? And that ladies is traditionally not Russia's strongest discipline? I think it's clear that the Russian skaters (please don't call them "girls") were not at their best, so you can argue that they kicked their own butts, so to speak. And last I checked, the only skater in Moscow who qualified for the GPF is not an American. Gold and Zawadzki have a lot of promise, but they also have a ways to go. And even the obviously talented Ashley Wagner has yet to medal at Worlds.

I love that a mature, elegant Kiira Korpi came to Moscow and showed the teenagers who it's done. Perhaps with more experience, some of the younger skaters in the CoR field can deliver the sort of performances she does.

Korpi has been on the Senior GP circuit for 7 years now so she should be better right now over Gracie or Agnes. But Korpi hasn't exactly been a dominate skater internationally for all these years and Agnes and Gracie have age and time on their side.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Enidan is an obvious troll...I suppose all this talk about Ashley here is just to repulse people from her. These high words as "She gotta win it all!" I mean.
As for Gracie, once again.I think that's a pity SHE doesn't have another gp..Talking about her perspectives,I think she's gonna be fine:)
And Jammers, haters gonna hate.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Why can't Kiira deserved more than 60? when the below average looking, meo asida got more than 60 with only 2 triple jump?
She has beautiful skating skills and she's so elegant and mature, but there weren't many transitions and I personally didn't like the choreography a lot, it looked quite "empty" in some parts...

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm happy for the medalist and all but so far I'm having a hard time watching their whole programs. I find myself getting bored. I just find the men's programs more interesting. Oh and CZ...man I feel for her. I just don't understand her skating skills, her movement and her speed. I just want someone to help her. Then I think of all the success she had in juniors and I just feel for her all over again.

brightphoton

Medalist
Caroline's flip is very good right now.
Her loop is reliable.
Her layback spin is good.
Her costume is pleasing, I like the flowing purple fabric.

uhhh ...

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
How ironic that Korpi finally lands a Triple Flip (albeit a very weak one) after all these years, along with a Lutz and 3-3, but falters twice on her best jump, the 3Loop. Oh well. I do think she deserved to win this competition, as she displayed the best speed and edge quality and overall presentation in this LP and her jumping was just as good as anyone else here.

Grace is coming along nicely. She has a great energy and joy and is really getting better at expressing the music. I think this program is somewhat incoherent, though. There are good aspects but as a whole it doesn't come together from beginning to end.

Murakami was a lot better at Skate Canada, but still a bit undermarked here. I'd have her on the podium. She absolutely should be going to the GPF (via 1st place at Skate Canada and 3rd place here), but she'll almost surely be losing her spot now. Christina Gao would have to place lower than 5th at TEB for Murakami to have a chance and that's just not going to happen.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Whoa, some o' y'all are giving the old Kwaniacs a run for their money :eek: hostility!!

First off, extending my congrats to Gracie Gold and Agnes Zawadzki for their medals and doing a good job :yes:

Korpi was overmarked, especially in the SP but I don't really have an issue with her win here. Gold was in a great position to win, but she let it get away from her...too many doubled/singled jumps.

As for Zhang, though...man, she wasn't even that bad jumps wise...but she looked totally out of sorts. Slower on just about everything (and even at her best, she isn't blazing fast). I'm actually wondering if she is dealing with a setback of some sort. Shades of Flatt at SA...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I have to point out that I do think Kiira deserved to win, absolutely! She has been really the best, today! :agree: I just don't agree with the ones Who say that she deserved a higher PCS...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Murakami was a lot better at Skate Canada, but still a bit undermarked here. I'd have her on the podium. She absolutely should be going to the GPF (via 1st place at Skate Canada and 3rd place here), but she'll almost surely be losing her spot now. Christina Gao would have to place lower than 5th at TEB for Murakami to have a chance and that's just not going to happen.

Murakami has got to fix her very unattractive jump entrances. Next to Kiira it is just so glaring how bad they are. Any consideration of line or choreography complete stops as she prepares to mule kick into her jumps, with bent legs on the flip and lutz. If I were a judge I would mark her down on PE and CH and give her -GOE on the elements until she learns how to execute the triples better.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Please remember that jokes & irony & sarcasm are difficult for some native speakers to get, and it is that much harder for non-native speakers of a language:

If you're trying to be funny, please try using one of the following emoticons (easily found when you pick the Go Advanced button) at the bottom of the Quick Reply box:

Laugh
:laugh:
Sarcasm
:sarcasm:
Wink
;)

Then everyone will understand your intention was to be funny.

Please do not insult one other.

Please remember to use the report button if someone has said something that is against the guidelines, rather than firing back at them on the thread.

I have tried to unapprove the most inflammatory posts on this thread, but I'm sure I have missed some; it's a long thread.

Please report any that still annoy you?

Thank you.

R.D.

Record Breaker
definitely huge boost, multiple podiums in SA and CoR, I think its safe to say USA will get 3 spots for the Olympics

Oh boy, here we go again. This was said last year with Wagner & Czisny...it was also said two years ago...and in 2010 with Nagasu & Flatt coming off the Olympics...you know where I'm going with this...

But, as you yourself would agree, this is not a beauty pageant. Its a skating contest, and PCS should in no way be related to personal appearance.

then the women should all be skating in sweat pants with no make-up on.

(ITA with the last point though. Sadly I think it does factor in, perhaps at an unconscious level.)

R.D.

Record Breaker
A note about the Russians- this trend is not surprising at all. Most of their "stars" are so young, and it only makes sense that they all hit that "transition point" at once, which is why we're seeing so many of them struggle so.

In the end, I think they'll be fine. They just have to be careful to not peak too soon age-wise, as a string of USA ladies had that issue in the late 2000s...

Enidan

On the Ice
Oh boy, here we go again. This was said last year with Wagner & Czisny...it was also said two years ago...and in 2010 with Nagasu & Flatt coming off the Olympics...you know where I'm going with this...

then the women should all be skating in sweat pants with no make-up on.

(ITA with the last point though. Sadly I think it does factor in, perhaps at an unconscious level.)

LOL, without make up, I guess it would turn ladies figure skating into a ghost figure skating :laugh:

brightphoton

Medalist
As for Zhang, though...man, she wasn't even that bad jumps wise...but she looked totally out of sorts. Slower on just about everything (and even at her best, she isn't blazing fast). I'm actually wondering if she is dealing with a setback of some sort. Shades of Flatt at SA...

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Caroline is going through a personal problem or there's lot of stress at home, or something. She's landing her jumps. Even the singled lutz jump isn't so bad because I think she's re-learning it. I hope she's all right. This just isn't like her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I was thinking more physically (injury, lack of stamina, etc.). She seemed like she was really fighting toward the end.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just getting to watch some of the vids... is it just me or did Zhang look like she hurt when she was in the spiral?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Murakami has got to fix her very unattractive jump entrances. Next to Kiira it is just so glaring how bad they are. Any consideration of line or choreography complete stops as she prepares to mule kick into her jumps, with bent legs on the flip and lutz. If I were a judge I would mark her down on PE and CH and give her -GOE on the elements until she learns how to execute the triples better.

People are drastically overstating the flaws in Murakami's technique. It's hardly this bad. Her Flip is better than Kiira's and she doesn't take any longer to prepare for her Lutz than Kiira does. In fact, Murakami does transitions into her Lutz. Kiira does not.